• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reply button at the top of threads now!

Odd, I can view it.

I can see the little photo in the post but when I click on it i get an oops! message followedby lack of permission. Was going to post a snip of it but it won't let me in this thread...

Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Each time I click the new reply button the options bar across the top of the posting box turns gray and does not respond to clicks.

When I click the last option at the right, "Toggle BB Code" it does not present the options, to include to post a video.

When I've entered a text and click the Toggle BB Code, the cursor goes back to the top of the posting box and at the front of the text, without any toggling of the bb code. Sometimes the choices in the bar across the top go gray, sometimes the choices remain as their normal black. In either event however, the toggle bb code does not respond. And, when the bar goes gray, the toggle bb code often is red and still does not respond to a click.

Good luck on this one Red cause if Red can't do it no one can (chuckle)). Red and stellar team, for sure thx.

Each time I click the new reply button the options bar across the top of the posting box turns gray and does not respond to clicks.

When I click the last option at the right, "Toggle BB Code" it does not present the options, to include to post a video.

When I've entered a text and click the Toggle BB Code, the cursor goes back to the top of the posting box and at the front of the text, without any toggling of the bb code. Sometimes the choices in the bar across the top go gray, sometimes the choices remain as their normal black. In either event however, the toggle bb code does not respond. And, when the bar goes gray, the toggle bb code often is red and still does not respond to a click.

Good luck on this one Red cause if Red can't do it no one can (chuckle)). Red and stellar team, for sure thx.
Allow Javascript for this site and see what happens. If you're still having the same issues after doing so, let us know what browser and device you're using.

Hi Red, I allowed Javascript for this site but it made no difference. Toggle BB Code still does not respond to a click. My click either does nothing or it turns the entire row of options gray and sterile.

I changed a lot of my White List options from Block to Ask and then also to Allow but the Toggle BB Code still does not respond at all.

As you see above, I successfully inserted a video to this post by using the Link option. I took too much time in editing to write this so the post above remains on the page.

Last week here in China I bought second hand a Dell pc desktop and successfully used this different pc to insert a couple of videos. However, starting yesterday the Toggle BB Code went dead and remains dead.

I have several browsers here in fascist China but my main browser has for years been the Epic Privacy Browser which is excellent. It has its own vpn that I use almost always (in addition to Express VPN separately and for pay). Toggle BB remains non functional at each browser i use: Torch, Firefox, IE, Safari, Edge.

At my White List I changed the following from my always for years having 'em on Block, to Ask, or to Allow:
JavaScript, Background Sync, MIDI Devices, Clipboard. I've always allowed Insecure Content but now I'm blocking it to see how things might change. These are sites computer experts and foreign friends here in China advise me to block for better privacy against the China fascist censors who are super aggressively active 24/7/365. Despite all this however Toggle BB Code continues to remain suddenly non functioning.

I have left the following on my White List unchanged at Ask (default):
Serial Ports, Unsandboxed plugin access, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality.

I apologize if this might be too much info.

I allowed Javascript for this site but it made no difference.
Sorry it is not working for you right now.
There is a major update coming for the text entry box soon TM.

This is excellent info that we can research, thank you for the details.
Question, are your browsers updated to latest versions or are you using older versions for reasons of anonymity?

Sorry it is not working for you right now.
There is a major update coming for the text entry box soon TM.

This is excellent info that we can research, thank you for the details.
Question, are your browsers updated to latest versions or are you using older versions for reasons of anonymity?

Sure guy and thanks to you guys who are busting your chops for freedom of speech in America and to facilitate it.

Red got me poking round the bar of technical functions which led me to find out I can insert a video by using the Link function and playing with it just a bit once the link is in the reply box. I just couldn't be sure the non functioning Toggle BB Code icon wasn't disabled by the fascist Chicom censors who do disable features they don't like on our pc. In the old desktop pc I just junked after six years using it the Chicom censors had disabled a number of functions, such as search in the computer for instance.

Censors hide malware so we in China use the search function in the computer to find it once we know what it is and can give an identity to the search function. So I'm one of many whose computer search function was disabled by the censors. There's also a "hidden space" in almost every computer that CCP censors use to hide functions they don't like. There's a Windows download to extract stuff from the "hidden space," such as a browser installation that disappeared during the process, sent instead to the hidden space by censors. Censors however can't stop us extracting an item from the hidden space using the Windows recovery function that downloads and installs itself safely.

I just installed browsers in this previously owned desktop pc over last weekend when I got the pc. I roam from browser to browser to keep the censors chasing around after me. To answer your question, and as far as I know, the following browsers I use are updated to the latest versions: Epic, Torch, Edge, Firefox. The following are not: Safari, IE.

I don't want Safari updated because I use it as my default browser. Censors attack the default browser heavily and hard because it processes so much they want to control or disable. While Edge is up to date I've decided to uninstall it because it's Microsoft, ie, easy for CCP censors to corrupt.

I kept Windows 7 in the desktop I just abandoned after 6 years because, while it included some difficulties, I had some advantages too. At least until censors destroyed the disk drive during the October 1st National Holiday week by causing it to malfunction. Windows immediately installed a new drive that immediately malfunctioned -- of course, so that that was that.

Plus I'm getting a computer guy (who's willing to assist me) to uninstall IE which I never want in China. IE in China is a pit of corruption by the censors who have a field day in your pc through IE. It's too corrupted for me to be able to uninstall it successfully so I have to depend on a computer expert, and one who's willing to assist. Plainclothes security police go regularly to computer sales and repair shops to let the owners know they're being watched so It's become very tough to get a Chinese computer guy to cooperate with we foreign devils. We have to use a Chinese friend as an intermediary which is how I got this present Dell computer and without being ripped off on the price.

When I try to access the thread Need I Say More? , I get an "Unable to open" notice. Please advise.
It's been moved to the Basement but you should be able to see it. All your permissions are good. Click on your link above and let me know if you still can't open the thread.

It's been moved to the Basement but you should be able to see it. All your permissions are good. Click on your link above and let me know if you still can't open the thread.

Thx. It worked.

There is an announcement at the top of every page covering this.

There is an announcement at the top of every page covering this.

At the top of the page it states "Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here" in red letters, which begs the question What has it to do with archives and why are no new posts allowed? Plus, I guess the statement at the top of the page is the one that belongs at the bottom of the page as it applies to everyone vs "You", which implies there's something to do with me, personally, that I do not have the privilege to post.

Many thanks for your further attention.

Blue

It's the little things that bring us joy!

View attachment 67298064
Who is Iced? Does RedAkston have a sock puppet???

Where is CC, he was always good at hunting those down ...

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom