• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Repeal obamacare completely

REPEAL OBAMACARE

• Repeal within 2 years. Repeal Medicare also.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Repeal it and Medicare in whatever time it takes.

• Keep the individual mandate. Repeal the rest and medicare also.

• Keep Obamacare, but NO care for non-citizens.

• Total voters

ronpaulvoter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Are you in favor of destroying this monster before it gets out of hand?

Remember, the oppression begins next January. Are you ready for it????

Yes I want it destroyed!!!
Problem is the repubs don't have the balls to do it!!

Claiming that Obamacare is an out-of-hand monster is a teensy bit premature considering that, as you yourself acknowledged, the "oppression" hasn't begun yet.

So what do you want to do with our current monster? You know the one, it causes most of the bankruptcies in the US and delivers third world results. It has been out of hand for years. What do you wanna do with that one?

It may be premature, but I have the track records of Medicare and other government-run crap to back it up.

repeal and replace with single payer.

So what do you want to do with our current monster? You know the one, it causes most of the bankruptcies in the US and delivers third world results. It has been out of hand for years. What do you wanna do with that one?

You mean Social Security--the greatest Ponzi scheme the world has ever known?

There's no way to really recover from one of these except to phase it out over enough time to prevent personal financial disasters. This is a tough one.

But I understand that Chile has a much more benign and less oppressive system that pays better benefits for less cost. Ditto for Galveston, TX; but when the feds found out about it, they prohibited any other city or state from doing likewise.

See LewRockwell for articles giving details on these.

And one other monster -- our national debt.

I would start by immediately de-funding every unconstitutional government program and agency -- IRS, EPA, DEA, ATF, public assistance, foreign aid and numerous others. That should save about 90% of it.

no vote
why not just return to the conditions of the 1600s ?
Or, even the 1950s ?
Seriously, The ACA is but the first step, for our nation to join the rest of the civilized world.

Which "one" is that, exactly?

repeal and replace with single payer.

Single payer or single borrower? Tell me how (and by who) that would be funded, exactly. The devil is in the details, all plans sound wonderful until you see the actual costs and benefits. Would "single payer" cover eyes and teeth too? That seems to be absent from PPACA since few people ever need health services related to problems with those omitted (rarely used?) body parts.

Quit send the money to the insurance companies and pay for healthcare with it. If you are really intersted in how UHC really works, google any civilized country in the world.
Single payer or single borrower? Tell me how (and by who) that would be funded, exactly. The devil is in the details, all plans sound wonderful until you see the actual costs and benefits. Would "single payer" cover eyes and teeth too? That seems to be absent from PPACA since few people ever need health services related to problems with those omitted (rarely used?) body parts.

Quit send the money to the insurance companies and pay for healthcare with it. If you are really intersted in how UHC really works, google any civilized country in the world.

PPACA makes that incur a tax penalty - does it not? :roll:

Obamacare is the best thing that has happened for our people during my lifetime.
So many Americans suffer from lack of preventative health care or decent medical treatment.

We have 2 standards of medical care in this country:

#1 The best treatment on the entire planet for the wealthy and the insured.

#2 And treatment that is worse than many 3rd world countries and rates below nations such as Cuba, for the uninsured, the poor, and middle class small business owners.

It is time we close the gap.
If we can not have universal or single payer, then Obama Care is the best option out there.

People do not seem to realize how much money will be saved once the poor stop using the emergency room for simple doctor visits.
Some day I am going to be writing a paper about my recent experiences with cancer.
For today let me just say that my bill was $108,000.00, but once my insurance company negotiated it down and payed it in full, it was lowered to only $14,500. I did not have to pay one dime. But if I had been poor, or an uninsured small business owner, I would have never got the treatment because the cancer was not diagnosed until after it was removed.

Hospitals are overrun with people in the emergency room that are charged from 500% to 10,000% more than they should be and can not pay their bills.
Once this boot on the neck of hospitals is removed, prices will come down dramatically, no matter how you slice it.
Poor people that are unable to pay their bills are just as much responsible for our out of control medical costs as anything else.
Once they are allowed to see a doctor instead, or allowed to have preventative care, everything will change.

I was talking about as a nation.

Yet that was not what the demorats offered us up now was it?

It never ceases to amaze me that the biggest imaginable mess is accepted simply because people kid themsleves into thinking it is a "first step" toward something wonderful. Why trust those that will not tell you, up front, what the "better deal" that is "comming soon" really is?

Last edited:
A couple of things I disagree with. the first one is our system is not the best in the world, even for the rich and insured. The best would spend a lot more time and energe on prevention. We do have the most profitable. They dont realize how much money will be saved because they are told the opposite by the RW leaders, the ER's are just a small part of the problme. I guess I just completely agree with you, and then some.
Obamacare is the best thing that has happened for our people during my lifetime.
So many Americans suffer from lack of preventative health care or decent medical treatment.

We have 2 standards of medical care in this country.
The best treatment on the entire planet for the wealthy and the insured.
And treatment that is worse than many 3rd world countries and rates below nations such as Cuba, for the uninsured, the poor, and middle class small business owners.

It is time we close the gap.
If we can not have universal or single payer, then Obama Care is the best option out there.

People do not seem to realize how much money will be saved once the poor stop using the emergency room for simple doctor visits.
Some day I am going to be writing a paper about my recent experiences with cancer.
For today let me just say that my bill was $108,000.00, but once my insurance company negotiated it down and payed it in full, it was lowered to only $14,500. I did not have to pay one dime. But if I had been poor, or an uninsured small business owner, I would have never got the treatment because the cancer was not diagnosed until after it was removed.

Hospitals are overrun with people in the emergency room that are charged from 500% to 10,000% more than they should be and can not pay their bills.
Once this boot on the neck of hospitals is removed, prices will come down dramatically, no matter how you slice it.
Poor people that are unable to pay their bills is just as much responsible for our out of control medical costs as anything else.
Once they are allowed to see a doctor instead or allowed to have preventative care, everything will change.

Yet that was not what the demorats offered us up now was it?

It b=never ceases to amaze me that the biggest imaginable mess is accepted simply because people kid themsleves into thinking it is a "first step" toward something wonderful. Why trust those that will not tell you, up front, what the "better deal" that is "comming soon" really is?

You've been told.
The Democrats only used the Republican version to get the votes they needed for it to pass.
It has been clear from the start that the eventual goal is Universal Health Care.
O'Romney-Care was never what the Dems wanted. And you know this.

Repeal Obamacare and replace it with a single payer health care system.

dental / vision is a good question. Ideally, it would cover all basic, essential care as health insurance is supposed to.

As for how we pay for it, we pay for it with taxes and changing our priorities. For example, no more pro bono global police missions. It's someone else's turn. Also, this will make our businesses more productive and competitive, as they won't have to provide health insurance any more. Single payer will also have leverage to force costs down.

It's the best option that I've seen.

A couple of things I disagree with. the first one is our system is not the best in the world, even for the rich and insured. The best would spend a lot more time and energe on prevention. We do have the most profitable. They dont realize how much money will be saved because they are told the opposite by the RW leaders, the ER's are just a small part of the problme. I guess I just completely agree with you, and then some.

I'm glad you mostly agree, however, we do most definitely have the best care in the world for the rich and insured.
I mean how often do you hear about rich people being flown to Europe or Canada for advanced cutting edge treatments? Maybe it has happened. But I guarantee you that more come here from all around the world.
We must do something for the rest of the Nation. But we need to be sure we keep our excellence at the same time.

The country with the most medical tourist is India for both quality and value.
I'm glad you mostly agree, however, we do most definitely have the best care in the world for the rich and insured.
I mean how often do you hear about rich people being flown to Europe or Canada for advanced cutting edge treatments? Maybe it has happened. But I guarantee you that more come here from all around the world.
We must do something for the rest of the Nation. But we need to be sure we keep our excellence at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom