• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reparations

Bob_Bennet

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Kamala Harris is the descendant of slave owners and slaves. Let her pay herself?

I am the descendant of men who fought in the Civil War to END slavery. Should I demand reparations from american negroes?

My best friend's parents immigrated from the Ukraine in the 1940's - the very definition of Caucasians. Should their descendants (my friend, his sisters, second and third generation) pay reparations?

Obama's ancestors on his father's side were never enslaved in America. Ironically Obama's ancestors on his mother's side faced more discrimination as Irish immigrants in the 1800s. Should Obama pay or receive reparations?

My ancestors didn't emigrate here until long after slavery was ended. The earliest any of my ancestors came here was 30 years after the civil war. The rest came here just as the Democrat traitor Woodrow Wilson was showing The Birth of a Nation in the White House. So let the Democrats and English royalty pay any and all reparations. Between the two groups they are the ones who started and then extended the lifetime of slavery here. They are the ones responsible for the mess slavery created.

Democrats caused the Civil War. They should pay reparations.

George Soros was a Nazi Collaborator. His wealth should be confiscated for reparations.

"Negroes"...nice. You'll fit in well with all of the other bigots here at DP.

Kamala Harris is the descendant of slave owners and slaves. Let her pay herself?

I am the descendant of men who fought in the Civil War to END slavery. Should I demand reparations from american negroes?

My best friend's parents immigrated from the Ukraine in the 1940's - the very definition of Caucasians. Should their descendants (my friend, his sisters, second and third generation) pay reparations?

Obama's ancestors on his father's side were never enslaved in America. Ironically Obama's ancestors on his mother's side faced more discrimination as Irish immigrants in the 1800s. Should Obama pay or receive reparations?

My ancestors didn't emigrate here until long after slavery was ended. The earliest any of my ancestors came here was 30 years after the civil war. The rest came here just as the Democrat traitor Woodrow Wilson was showing The Birth of a Nation in the White House. So let the Democrats and English royalty pay any and all reparations. Between the two groups they are the ones who started and then extended the lifetime of slavery here. They are the ones responsible for the mess slavery created.

George Soros was a Nazi Collaborator. His wealth should be confiscated for reparations.

Why did those Southern White Conservatives hate Black people so much?

Why did the white northern liberals hate black people?

I don’t know. I’m not a liberal, I’m a Leftist.

But they didn’t hate them so much they were willing to murder other Americans to continue owning them as property.

You might want to think your story first better next time.

Your ancestors somehow fought in the Civil War yet didn't even emigrate here until 30 years after.

Or am I missing something here?

I don’t know. I’m not a liberal, I’m a Leftist.

I wasn't talking about you specifically. I was simply pointing out the northern whites hated black people as well.

But they didn’t hate them so much they were willing to murder other Americans to continue owning them as property.

They were willing to murder other Americans to maintain political and economic power.

I wasn't talking about you specifically. I was simply pointing out the northern whites hated black people as well.

They were willing to murder other Americans to maintain political and economic power.

You asked me a question.

White northern liberals didn’t start the Civil War. Southern Conservatives did. Because they wanted to continue to own Black people as property.

Why did they hate Black people so much?

Why did they hate Black people so much?

Again I ask the reciprocal, why did the northerners hate black people so much?

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]—that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality." - Abraham Lincoln

If this is what the best of men thought, think about how the average northerner thought.

No one "hated" ethnicity X.

Some people in the South and the North simply felt what Abraham Lincoln had said (albeit before he became President): That the two ethnicities would be happier if each lived separately from each other.

So Mr. Lincoln suggested that one of them might consider moving to the Caribbean.

But that is history.

This is 2022.

By the middle of this century, one of those two ethnicities will no longer be the majority.

Today's zeitgeist is to make amends to ethnicity X.

So reparations -- in one form or another -- WILL continue to be given.

Besides money, "reparations " include admission into college regardless of high school marks, no need for bail when arrested, appointments to political posts, etc.

As some activists have candidly said: If one does not like the changes occurring in this nation, one should think about moving to another country.

Again I ask the reciprocal, why did the northerners hate black people so much?

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause]—that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality." - Abraham Lincoln

If this is what the best of men thought, think about how the average northerner thought.

Northerners did not hate Black people so much that they were willing to murder other Americans to keep them as property.

"I am the descendant of men who fought in the Civil War to END slavery. "

"My ancestors didn't emigrate here until long after slavery was ended. The earliest any of my ancestors came here was 30 years after the civil war"

Which is it?

I put the over / under at 3 days (everyone with longevity here should know exactly what I am talking about.)

I thought the looting during the 2020 riots were reparations. People want more??

How much tax dollars will be spend implementing a reparations program and determining eligibility?

I read your post.

I should be paid reparations… by you.

"I am the descendant of men who fought in the Civil War to END slavery. "

"My ancestors didn't emigrate here until long after slavery was ended. The earliest any of my ancestors came here was 30 years after the civil war"

Which is it?
His ancestors came here on vacation, saw that there was a civil war going on and decided to join in on the fun for a few days since the Disney parks were closed due to the war, then went back home because they had to work on Monday. They later decided to relocate to the United States.

At least that’s how it’s playing out in my mind. I’m sure the OP has a more clever excuse.

Less than one day after Sled Dog (formerly HughInn, formerly Big Steve) gets banned, he comes back with his usual vomit.

You have a very short lifespan here.

As some activists have candidly said: If one does not like the changes occurring in this nation, one should think about moving to another country.
I though the "America: Love it or Leave it" crowd dropped that stupid mantra back in the '70s.

The OP has been a busy boy. Why is he in such a hurry, I wonder?

Is this what reparations looks like??

Back
Top Bottom