• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reparations?

Reparations deal?

• Need more info

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Yes, it's a deal

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No, no deal

Votes: 56 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good state schools are not like Liberty University. You're projecting.

I went to a private university, majored in politics, and was never once pressured into conforming to a specific party platform

I've switched political parties twice

I went to a private university, majored in politics, and was never once pressured into conforming to a specific party platform

I've switched political parties twice

lol..."majored in politics."

Basket weaving degree. :lol:

You are Conservative so that automatically negates your suffering... lol.. .who are you trying to kid?

Nonsense, it's the other way around. The laws of tribalism dictate that only the groups I empathize with matter. And tribalism is the creed of the new millennium; the sheep and their masters have been preaching so.

Nonsense, it's the other way around. The laws of tribalism dictate that only the groups I empathize with matter. And tribalism is the creed of the new millennium; the sheep and their masters have been preaching so.

So you want to oppress others and make money off of it... :lol:

Classic...

Give Black Americans living in lower income housing vouchers so their kids can be raised in decent neighborhoods

Get them out of Compton, Oakland, South Chicago

We can’t afford reparations, the economy will tank

Plus, other groups will then ask for reparations for other issues

Repair the black family as well.

I assume that the descendants of the Africans who remained in Africa and who sold their fellow blacks into slavery, also owe reparations, yes? I mean, if it had not been for black Africans selling other black Africans, there would have been no slave trade to the Americas, so the Africans owe more money.

If we give every black adult over 18 $100,000.

In exchange for them never bringing up slavery or institutional racism ever again?

It could be as little as $20,000, which is the amount eligible Japanese Americans received in the 1980s. Sylvester Magee was the last eligible person who passed away in 1971.

Last edited:
When someone claims that American Negroes deserve reparations I want to ask that person three questions:

Why are American Negroes more affluent than Negroes in any black run country in the world?

Would American Negroes be better off if all the whites left?

Would whites in the United States be better off if all the black left?

1. Orientals is a racially offensive term. No one uses that anymore.

2. Here in the KC area, the best high school in the entire metro is Lincoln College Prep, a majority-black school.

What I mean by "Oriental" is China and nations that learned civilization from China. These are Korea, Japan, and Vietnam. I have never known an Oriental who thought the term was derogatory. I certainly did not mean it that way. I have a higher opinion of Orientals than I have of whites, although I am white. When I asked on Quora if "Oriental" is a derogatory term, all the Orientals who answered said it was not. When I told a Vietnamese woman I was dating, "I prefer Oriental women" she smiled and said, "You think we are much more wonderful."

Lincoln College Prep, is an interesting exception, but exceptions do not disprove rules. Washington, DC public schools have the highest percentages of blacks in the student bodies. The Washington, DC public school system spends more per student than all but three state public school systems. Washington, DC gets the lowest test scores of any public school system in the country.

Open the Kanye thread, and look at the racist posts by liberals. Or even the Tucker Carlson threads.

Liberals are currently seen as having less racism in their language because they feel that nonwhites are helping them politically. The minute someone brings up Ben Carson or Ted Cruz, the racism begins. Even the minute someone suggests that local officials permit low income housing in their all-white suburbs, suddenly the political correctness disappears and is replaced by ranting about their property values going down.

Show me where liberals on here attacked Ben Carson based on his race, or liberals attacked Ted Cruz based on his ethnicity. For example, I believe Ted Cruz is a spineless opportunist that is such a pathetic human being that he endorsed a man that insulted his own wife and father, but that has nothing to do with his ethnicity.

Everyone thinks Kanye is talented, but as a person is a pretty despicable human being - and that was long before Trump came on the scene, and it has nothing to do with Kanye's race.

The underlying assumption behind the demand for reparations is that white racism is responsible for the fact that the average black income is significantly lower than the average white income.

What is really responsible for that fact is the additional fact that by every objective, measurable criterion blacks tend to be significantly less intelligent than whites. White racism is not responsible for that fact. The last twelve thousand years of human evolution have not prepared most Negroes for the intellectual and social demands of civilization. I define a civilization as a city based society where the government has the effective monopoly on the legitimate use of violence. Civilization places more evolutionary pressure on intelligence than does a tribal society. During most of history in civilized countries intelligent men tended to become merchants, money lenders, government civil servants, scribes, and so on. They became more affluent than unintelligent men. They had more children who survived to adulthood.

In addition, living in a cold climate requires more intelligence than living in a warm climate. In a cold climate one needs to be able to make warm clothes for the winter months. One needs to be able to build warm housing for the winter months. One needs to store food for the winter months.

This is why whites and Orientals have higher IQ averages than the other races. Our averages are especially higher than Negro averages. It in turn is why efforts to close the race gap in academic performance have failed.

Last edited:
I fully support giving reparations to anyone in the United States that was legally enslaved.

Dude, I grew up in rural Arkansas. I have been there. You claim the vast majority of conservatives are not racist, look at this thread. Look at the racist postings on this forum. I am not saying I am superior because I am a liberal. I am not even that liberal. I am saying that the rampant racism in the GOP today is what keeps me from voting for them at the national level, and if you don't see it, then all I can say is you need to do some soul searching because these days, it could not be more blatant.

Anyone that isn't a Trump voter today, holds the moral high ground. In fact, as I have said before to people on here, if you are going to vote for Trump in November, you need to put a Trump sign in your yard and a Trump sticker your vehicle because everyone that knows you, needs to know what kind of a person you are.

Dude, you need to hang out with a better class of people if you're seeing racism on every corner. Most of the people I run across either in big cities or small towns are good people. I don't see all this racism you complain about. But I do find more intolerance on the left than on the right. And less intellectually honesty.

Calling the other side racists is what you do when you can't defeat them on the issues. Bully tactics over intellect.

BTW; look in the mirror, closely; you are a liberal. And you're right, that doesn't make you superior to anyone else.

In exchange for them never bringing up slavery or institutional racism ever again?

Deal?

No. ...

Genetic testing to determine everyone's race so a national registry can be made of who them black people are and you are the pure white people?

What about us mutts? I be pure mutt and have slave blood, do I get reparations?

If there is no NFL this year I will demand reparations from the protestors who created this current spike of Corona.

They should be beaten to death with wet noodles. I have a possible playoff caliber team this year.

For example, I believe Ted Cruz is a spineless opportunist that is such a pathetic human being that he endorsed a man that insulted his own wife and father, but that has nothing to do with his ethnicity.

Everyone thinks Kanye is talented, but as a person is a pretty despicable human being - and that was long before Trump came on the scene, and it has nothing to do with Kanye's race.

I can guarantee you that if Tucker Carlson stated all this, we’d have a 50 page thread full of liberals insisting he was racist, and probably a slanderous article from CNN as well

Deal?

We'd be better served to pay each white person to agree not to do or say racist things.

Back
Top Bottom