• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reparations To African Americans, Native Americans, and Mexican Americans.

Simba

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Considering how much the United States spends on military adventures and foreign aid overseas, if we are in such a spending mood, should we not look once again at rectifying errors in our own land.

Reparations should be paid to American Native Americans, Mexican Americans, and African Americans.

After all, *winks* it is the christian thing to do. Is it not?

How is anyone alive responsible for the crimes of the past?

In brief: No. :no:

Considering how much the United States spends on military adventures and foreign aid overseas, if we are in such a spending mood, should we not look once again at rectifying errors in our own land.

Reparations should be paid to American Native Americans, Mexican Americans, and African Americans.

Fat chance.

Expand it to include the Irish and the Italians and I'm sold.

Come to think of it, we should include the Germans and Japanese as well.

Also all of the illegal immigrants who we've taken advantage of.

Should probably include women as well, they were treated pretty badly for a long time.

Might want to include all non-monied landholders, they got screwed back in the day.

I've got it! Let's just find Nathanial J. Waspington IV, ask him to write everyone in the country a check for $10k and call it a day.

My goodness.

It really shows how independent and centrist we are here, doesn't it.

Surely, there must be one African-American, Mexican-American, or Native American in this forum.

No.

Hmmm, guess that says alot.

Excuse me? How does my refusal to pay reparations for something I, nor anyone alive today, was ever involved in exclude me from being independent or centrist?

There is zero national interest in paying reparations to people who have never suffered the indignity those reparations would be intended to balm.

Excuse me? How does my refusal to pay reparations for something I, nor anyone alive today, was ever involved in exclude me from being independent or centrist?

There is zero national interest in paying reparations to people who have never suffered the indignity those reparations would be intended to balm.

Because you enjoy the priviledge and benefits of that time to date. Whereas, they still don't.

If you live in California, you are living on someone elses land that we took. It doesn't matter if you were there at the time or not. Our nation uses the same excuses, and even less, to go to war all the time.

Because you enjoy the priviledge and benefits of that time to date. Whereas, they still don't.

If you live in California, you are living on someone elses land that we took. It doesn't matter if you were there at the time or not. Our nation uses the same excuses, and even less, to go to war all the time.

Every single person on this planet is living on land that was taken from someone else.

Every single person on this planet is living on land that was taken from someone else.

All the more reason to start rubbing elbows, sharing spit, and realizing, we are leaving our children to face a whole lot of hate unless we change soon. Afterall. We are fast becoming the minority in our lifetime.

Then again, that's probably why all them happenings took place to begin with. Takes some energy to think forward.

*winks*

Whooooooo-Ah!

All the more reason to start rubbing elbows, sharing spit, and realizing, we are leaving our children to face a whole lot of hate unless we change soon. Afterall. We are fast becoming the minority in our lifetime.

Then again, that's probably why all them happenings took place to begin with. Takes some energy to think forward.

*winks*

Whooooooo-Ah!

And the best way to rub elbows and share spit is to write checks from the US treasury to every member of an ethnic group that you think has been harmed?

My goodness.

Surely, there must be one African-American, Mexican-American, or Native American in this forum.

No.

you are making a racist assumption that someone would buy into such bovine excrement due to their race

And the best way to rub elbows and share spit is to write checks from the US treasury to every member of an ethnic group that you think has been harmed?

Ha. Not who I think has been harmed. So long as you and I hold the guns (e.g. peeps in suits and uniforms that hold guns for us), it will be hard for half of our population to stand up and speak for themselves.

Afterall. Civil rights was granted not only because blacks stood up, but enough whites stood with them.

Same goes here.

Soon, within twenty years, they will out-number us, and we will be begging for understanding from a very bad position.

Might well try rectifying now before that time comes.

But, thats too forward thinking for alot of folks. Reason we are in this mess to begin with.

Ha. Not who I think has been harmed. So long as you and I hold the guns (e.g. peeps in suits and uniforms that hold guns for us), it will be hard for half of our population to stand up and speak for themselves.

Good point. The white man in charge of our guns in the white house is definitely doing all he can to oppress the black man.

Soon, within twenty years, they will out-number us, and we will be begging for understanding from a very bad position.

Might well try rectifying now before that time comes.

So your theory is that blacks, hispanics, and native americans are such terrible people that as soon as they outnumber the whites, they're going to do everything they can to punish them?

4a71f74b5ed32-150x134.gif

Why don't we find and pay homage to all the animals which used to inhabit the earth before the humans took it over? You know, let them eat us for a couple of hundred thousand years. Only fair, right? Makes up for the great globe-spanning civilizations we've built.

In regards to CA and the Native Americans, we took the land from them. We live on it now, and use it for a lot more good than the natives ever did. Hence, we deserve the land more.

How about no.

Or better, hell no?

My goodness.

No.

No, says alot about you and your misguided view of reality.

There are no African, Mexican or Native - "Americans".

There are American's, and there are people that want to be other then American's and put a stupid hyphenation to make them feel special.

They don't deserve a single penny, they ain't gonna get a single penny, and instead of wasting the worlds time with crying about real or imagined crimes hundreds of years ago... how about we worry about moving forward and prospering now?

Wait!!! I know. That would require people actually... working.

Last edited:

I enjoy living and working in a society that values one's ability to succeed exponentially. And guess what? So do poor little brown people you seem to think that handing a few dollars to will suddenly forget history.

And guess what? So do Texans and Canadians and Mexicans and Africans and...well, pretty much everyone on earth today.

So my answer is still "Fat Chance".

Seeing how the wronged individuals and the individuals who wronged them are no longer alive the answer is going to have to be hell no.

I am glad my forefathers and ancestors(if any of my ancestors were actually rich enough to own slaves) bought and brought slaves out of Africa, I am glad my forefathers ancestors wiped out most of the native Americans and I am glad my ancestors bought various territories or won them in war. Because without all those things I would not be here, my family and friends would not be here and the USA would not be the country it is today without those things.

How is stealing from one group of people and giving it to another group who did nothing to earn it a christian thing to do? You are aware Jesus said not to steal.Matthew 19:18

Get offline and get an education, brother...

One well known Black writer noted he was glad one group of AFricans sold his african ancestors into slavery because he know had a PhD in America and was a millionaire--if he had still been in some west african poophole his standard of living and freedom would have been much much lower

my ancestors were mostly in New York but one was a pro slavery union officer. he also was the first Union officer to have his command attacked by the rebels. He was a hero of the North. Other ancestors lost their lives in the civil war. I think our family's debt was paid long ago

I am glad my forefathers and ancestors(if any of my ancestors were actually rich enough to own slaves) bought and brought slaves out of Africa, I am glad my forefathers ancestors wiped out most of the native Americans and I am glad my ancestors bought various territories or won them in war. Because without all those things I would not be here, my family and friends would not be here and the USA would not be the country it is today without those things.

What a repulsive sentiment.
If that is in fact the case, then you should not be here, because those things are reprehensible and should never have happened.

What a repulsive sentiment.
If that is in fact the case, then you should not be here, because those things are reprehensible and should never have happened.

reality is a bitch

Back
Top Bottom