• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reparations To African Americans, Native Americans, and Mexican Americans.

While I am not a sufferer, nor are my parents or grandparents, of syphilis I can say with 100% certainty that one (possibly more) of my ancestors have "come down" with a case. Considering it came from North America and those 'native' populations--I demand compensation for the sexual disease oppression.

Also, I'd like to file a lawsuit on behalf of Equus ferus caballus against North American natives for performing genocide against their close genetic cousins.

Last edited:
My goodness.

It really shows how independent and centrist we are here, doesn't it.

Surely, there must be one African-American, Mexican-American, or Native American in this forum.

No.

Hmmm, guess that says alot.

It actually demonstrates how out of wack YOUR positions are.

How about we get the BILLIONS of $$$$$ we spent and are still spending on the illegal Mexicans? Cough it up Mexico!
-

That's reparations for stealing Texas from them. :mrgreen:

As has been said here before, every group of people has been crapped on by another group of people at some point. And most groups of people have crapped on other groups of people. Get over it.

I don't care if my ancestors were slave owners, slaves, abused immigrants, murdered natives, or insane serial killers. It has nothing to do with who I am today. I owe no one for the sins of my forefathers and no one owes me for the sins of their forefathers.

Now if you can find a someone alive to day who was once a slave, or had their land stolen by the US in the Mexican War or the Indian wars, then yeah, we should make reparations to that individual. However, I have a sneaking suspicion most of them have been rotting in the ground for a minimum of the last sixty years.

Now if you can find a someone alive to day who was once a slave, or had their land stolen by the US in the Mexican War or the Indian wars, then yeah, we should make reparations to that individual. However, I have a sneaking suspicion most of them have been rotting in the ground for a minimum of the last sixty years.

If you can find one of those people, run like hell. Find high ground, zombies aren't very good at climbing.

African Americans should not recieve any reparations from the state. Black poverty in this country is 100/% the result of lazy ignorant people in the African American community who are holding society back. Don't get me wrong, i know many hard working blacks, but the vast majority in the ghetto have no excuse.

Half of my maternal lineage goes back to plantation owners in Virginia in the 1860's. They lost everything in the so-called "Reconstruction" and moved to SC as dirt-poor farmers.

I want reparations from everyone whose ancestors lived in Union territory in 1865. :mrgreen:
Interesting, your ancestry being slavers.

While I am not a sufferer, nor are my parents or grandparents, of syphilis I can say with 100% certainty that one (possibly more) of my ancestors have "come down" with a case. Considering it came from North America and those 'native' populations--I demand compensation for the sexual disease oppression.

Can sheep be held accountable in a Human Court of Law? I have seen some strange litigants in my 25+ years as a trial lawer but never something that Bleated at the Judge:mrgreen:

I got a question. If my father kills your father, do you get the right to sue me?

Reparations are just one more example of the "victim" society that we are turning ourselves into.

I got a question. If my father kills your father, do you get the right to sue me?

No but I have a just argument that I ought to waste your father

No, I get the right to sue your father for wrongful death. Isn't that what happened to OJ?

I just happened to think: My ancestors left Africa around 50,000 or so years ago, and then invaded Europe and took the Neanderthals' land away from them. They then settled Europe, then came to America and took the natives' land away from them again. Of course, some of my ancestors went toward Asia rather than Europe, then migrated to America chasing mammoth to become the ancestors of the people that my other ancestors from Europe dispossessed of their land so many years later.

So, I'm a native American, having been born here, an African American, since my distant ancestors came from there, and a European exploiter. Moreover, the geneticist now say that some of the Neanderthal DNA could be in mine, so I'm part of the original Euros who were dispossessed of their land by the Africans.

So, am I an exploiter, or a victim?

No, I get the right to sue your father for wrongful death. Isn't that what happened to OJ?

Thank you, so then African Americans should not get any of our hard earned money.

I just happened to think: My ancestors left Africa around 50,000 or so years ago, and then invaded Europe and took the Neanderthals' land away from them. They then settled Europe, then came to America and took the natives' land away from them again. Of course, some of my ancestors went toward Asia rather than Europe, then migrated to America chasing mammoth to become the ancestors of the people that my other ancestors from Europe dispossessed of their land so many years later.

So, I'm a native American, having been born here, an African American, since my distant ancestors came from there, and a European exploiter. Moreover, the geneticist now say that some of the Neanderthal DNA could be in mine, so I'm part of the original Euros who were dispossessed of their land by the Africans.

Most likely your ancestors were driven out of Africa, incidentally...

Most likely your ancestors were driven out of Africa, incidentally...

OMG! I've been a victim for 50,000 years! I want my reparations. A thousand a year will do nicely, thanks. I'll not ask for more.

And no, John 2.0, I don't think African Americans should get any of our hard earned money.

OMG! I've been a victim for 50,000 years! I want my reparations. A thousand a year will do nicely, thanks. I'll not ask for more.

And no, John 2.0, I don't think African Americans should get any of our hard earned money.

Surely we have the 'right of return', do we not? ;)

Last edited:
Surely we have the 'right of return', do we not? ;)

Maybe we do, but I'll pass on the return to Africa. I'm not so sure I'd like to live the way my distant ancestors did 50,000 years ago, either.

Considering how much the United States spends on military adventures and foreign aid overseas, if we are in such a spending mood, should we not look once again at rectifying errors in our own land.

Reparations should be paid to American Native Americans, Mexican Americans, and African Americans.

After all, *winks* it is the christian thing to do. Is it not?

I don't think the United States owes anyone damn thing. As a black man, I can't think of any other country on Earth where I would have had the oppurtunity to achieve what I have in my life. Any debt owed to me has been paid, in full.

Reparations, unless they are being given to the people who were actually harmed then no. I didn't own slaves, and no black people today are slaves, so I don't get the logic. I can see prisoners of the Japanese internment camps having a better argument because they are still alive, and are the ones who experienced the wrongdoing. But no one who hasn't experienced any wrongdoing deserves reparations.

very well said:bravo:

My goodness.

It really shows how independent and centrist we are here, doesn't it.

Surely, there must be one African-American, Mexican-American, or Native American in this forum.

No.

Hmmm, guess that says alot.
Hmmm, guess I know for a fact that there is at least one
African American member, and I think it is likely there are
others, and Mexican and Native American members as well.

And yes, their silence does say a lot.

It says that none of them are the emotional, personal and
intellectual oozing canker that you are.

The one good thing about you is at least you aren't infectious!

Why should I pay for something I didn't do?

If I feel like the government is taking advantage of me, does that mean that I should be paid something too?

Back
Top Bottom