• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Nancy Pelosi: Nothing left to cut in budget — ‘the cupboard is bare’

and sorry you can't grasp the concept that the "DEBT" will eventually bankrupt the US, and collapse the economy.

Prove it then. A country that prints its own money can never go bankrupt. Our debt is the safest most desired "safe haven" for investors in the world and there is no reason for that to change.

Prove it then. A country that prints its own money can never go bankrupt. Our debt is the safest most desired "safe haven" for investors in the world and there is no reason for that to change.

Wow, you really don't understand monetary policy, do you? We currently have debt exceeding our yearly GDP so by your theory why don't we just print more money and eliminate the debt? Any idea what your dollar would be worth and who that really would hurt?

Wow, you really don't understand monetary policy, do you? We currently have debt exceeding our yearly GDP so by your theory why don't we just print more money and eliminate the debt? Any idea what your dollar would be worth and who that really would hurt?

I said we can print money if needed, therefore we can never go bankrupt. We don't need to because investors are clamoring for our bonds. We need money to invest in the future or be doomed to 3rd world status. Even Germany has a debt of 85% of GDP and they are a "model" nation I thought? Japan is at 200% and climbing without any ill effects. It is just a number with no real significance. What we need is economic growth, something that the Right has fought tooth and nail to stall for years now. Just like stalling Obamacare. At this very moment the right wing looneys in the House are trying to put this country into another recession.

Last edited:

that is one of the uneducated comment I have seen.

I will take your tactic in posting. Educate yourself on world economics and learn. I have no need to prove to you what could happen if the US failed to be able to pay its debt.

All House Republicans are doing is holding Obama and Democrats to their word.

Obama and the Democrats all claimed Obama Care would cost LESS than the current system. THEREFORE, it should not require any extra budgetary spending.

I will take your tactic in posting. Educate yourself on world economics and learn. I have no need to prove to you what could happen if the US failed to be able to pay its debt.

Name a country which prints its own money and has gone bankrupt from spending too much. Come on... you are the genius.

Romneycare, sanctuary cities, gay marriage-the skies the limit for those who look.

So you're claiming that Mitt Romney was more "liberal" than, say, Gray Davis?

It sure are, aren't it?

Name a country which prints its own money and has gone bankrupt from spending too much. Come on... you are the genius.

name calling now . got it.

ok, let the US govt print 10 billion dollars for each citizen of the US and give it to them. Also since they can "print" money there is no need to collect taxes. The govt can print more money. We can be tax free and everyone can be rich.:mrgreen:

Now what do think would happen?
Are you saying the US has no need to be concerned of its debt or bother to pay it back?

Clue one, the printed money would be ................... worthless.
More at home. The confederates printed their own money and what happened to its value after they lost the war? ......... worthless. But hey, guess they have just printed more.

Last edited:

ok, let the US govt print 10 billion dollars for each citizen of the US and give it to them. Also since they can "print" money there is no need to collect taxes. The govt can print more money. We can be tax free and everyone can be rich.:mrgreen:

Are you saying the US has no need to be concerned of its debt or bother to pay it back?

More at home. The confederates printed their own money and what happened to its value after they lost the war? ......... worthless. But hey, guess they have just printed more.

Yes, the brilliance of liberalism and why we have such a problem today. Just print more money? Tells how far too many people were raised with no concept of value or understanding of monetary policy along with lacking common sense. To far too many debt appears to be irrelevant as if they don't personally experience it, it doesn't exist. I wonder I any of these people ever have figured out where the money comes from for debt service on bonds issues or what happens to the value of their money if the market is flooded with printed money? We have far too many low information voters today.

Nope, because I know that no Third Party candidate can operate or run a govt. with the other two parties controlling the Congress, that is why you work from within, elect the Ted Cruz's of the world, the Rand Paul's, and incrementally change the country

Cruz doesn't want change to come incrementally. He wants it NOW. Which isn't incre-, but it is mentally.

Paul, on the other hand, seems to be more of a pragmatist, which could hurt him with Teabag voters in Iowa and South Carolina (though perhaps not in New Hampshire). But he is still unacceptable.

The Confederate money became worthless because the government that was backing it ceased to exist.

A good thing, too.

You don't see too many Reichsmarks floating around these days.

Cruz doesn't want change to come incrementally. He wants it NOW. Which isn't incre-, but it is mentally.

Paul, on the other hand, seems to be more of a pragmatist, which could hurt him with Teabag voters in Iowa and South Carolina (though perhaps not in New Hampshire). But he is still unacceptable.

What is unacceptable is what we have right now in the WH and Senate as the results show, but then again results don't matter to Obama supporters who continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the results. I have asked Obama supporters to provide the credible sites that show just how great Obama has been for the economy and the country and I guess they are still compiling the information.

Cruz did exactly the right thing, brought attention to the problems with Obamacare, problems that require the left to destroy him which is the biggest compliment that a conservative can get. Obama approval ratings of 43% say it all.

The Confederate money became worthless because the government that was backing it ceased to exist.

A good thing, too.

How about enlightening us on where the money comes from for debt service on the debt and what happens when the market is flooded with printed money? How does either of those help the U.S. Taxpayers and consumers?

A good thing, too.

So are you supporting continuing borrowing approx. 40c of every dollar the govt spends?

What more do you need? We individuals can do the rest.
You mean like handling the drug problem in the US? What have Libs done in this regard? Hum?
You mean like coming to the aid of friendly nations? Or the US being a world leader? What have Libs done in this regard? Hum?

And finally, Libertarians don't know the first thing about politics... Refuse to be political.

You mean like handling the drug problem in the US? What have Libs done in this regard? Hum?
You mean like coming to the aid of friendly nations? Or the US being a world leader? What have Libs done in this regard? Hum?

And finally, Libertarians don't know the first thing about politics... Refuse to be political.

Libs liberals or libs libertarians?

Back
Top Bottom