• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Mo Brooks says Trump asked him to 'rescind the 2020 election,' remove Biden and call special election

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I never thought that Mo Mo Brooks would come anywhere near telling it like it was concerning DJT post 1/6/2, but after this, man does he owe DJT big time.

The problem I have with Brooks is his statement that I underlined. So, if he is one that honors his oath to defend and protect the Constitution, why was he screaming his ass off FOR DJT at the Ellipse on 1/6/21??

Plus, if you are pretending to be a great American and all, go tell what you know to the 1/6 Committee under oath.

1648067382097.png
Rep. Mo Brooks of Alabama on Wednesday said Donald Trump had asked him to "rescind" the 2020 presidential election, "remove" President Joe Biden from his office, "immediately put" Trump back in the White House and hold a new special presidential election.

"As a lawyer, I've repeatedly advised President Trump that January 6 was the final election contest verdict and neither the U.S. Constitution nor the U.S. Code permit what President Trump asks. Period," Brooks said.

"I've told President Trump the truth knowing full well that it might cause President Trump to rescind his endorsement," he continued. "But I took a sworn oath to defend and protect the U.S. Constitution. I honor my oath. That is the way I am. I break my sworn oath for no man."

I never thought that Mo Mo Brooks would come anywhere near telling it like it was concerning DJT post 1/6/2, but after this, man does he owe DJT big time.

The problem I have with Brooks is his statement that I underlined. So, if he is one that honors his oath to defend and protect the Constitution, why was he screaming his ass off FOR DJT at the Ellipse on 1/6/21??

Plus, if you are pretending to be a great American and all, go tell what you know to the 1/6 Committee under oath.

View attachment 67381691
Rep. Mo Brooks of Alabama on Wednesday said Donald Trump had asked him to "rescind" the 2020 presidential election, "remove" President Joe Biden from his office, "immediately put" Trump back in the White House and hold a new special presidential election.

"As a lawyer, I've repeatedly advised President Trump that January 6 was the final election contest verdict and neither the U.S. Constitution nor the U.S. Code permit what President Trump asks. Period," Brooks said.

"I've told President Trump the truth knowing full well that it might cause President Trump to rescind his endorsement," he continued. "But I took a sworn oath to defend and protect the U.S. Constitution. I honor my oath. That is the way I am. I break my sworn oath for no man."
Brooks is the lowest from of gutter scum.

View attachment 67381691

Russians have less money to spend on US elections these days.

Can he prove it? Asking to recend the election proves trumps intent
Just another piece of the puzzle the committee will use. With any luck, down the road it will become a piece the DOJ uses. I have my fingers crossed.

Just another piece of the puzzle the committee will use. With any luck, down the road it will become a piece the DOJ uses. I have my fingers crossed.
Long as it's not too late

Long as it's not too late
Too late for what? The committee has till Jan. 2023, and the DOJ stays as it is till Jan. 2025. And that's only if democrats lose the house and the WH.

Too late for what? The committee has till Jan. 2023, and the DOJ stays as it is till Jan. 2025. And that's only if democrats lose the house and the WH.
Right and these things take time

Like watching two pigs wrestle in shit.

Brooks and Trump deserve each other. I am curious why Brooks is coming out with this now, however - what does he stand to lose that's more valuable to him than the approval of Trump's base?

Trump will be the Republican nominee in 2024, folks.

The GOP is f'ed, lol.

The thing is he's going to be completely ****ed at the debates.
Any half-decent school debate team could completely destroy him with questions about his past actions.
He's got more baggage than Heathrow airport and he can't hide from it and he's going to spend the entire debate on the defensive.

It should be absolute carnage.

The thing is he's going to be completely ****ed at the debates.
Any half-decent school debate team could completely destroy him with questions about his past actions.
He's got more baggage than Heathrow airport and he can't hide from it and he's going to spend the entire debate on the defensive.

It should be absolute carnage.
Democrats typically dont do very well at shredding their opponents but Trump is easy.

Democrats typically dont do very well at shredding their opponents but Trump is easy.
All Trump will do is exactly what he did during the first debate with Biden - talk over him, make loud comments, possibly have covid and not tell anyone. He'll make it into a circus.

Maybe he can have some democracy hating anti-Americans invade the debate stage.

All Trump will do is exactly what he did during the first debate with Biden - talk over him, make loud comments, possibly have covid and not tell anyone. He'll make it into a circus.

Maybe he can have some democracy hating anti-Americans invade the debate stage.
If democrats were actually intending to prevent further breakdown of democratic institutions they could easily just prevent him from running by urging the DOJ to do what they need to do but i see a lot of partisans that seem to want him around to score points.

Some people believe the fact we have never successfully convicted a president to be a good thing. I consider it a travesty of justice.

This is the very ****ing thing impeachment was designed for but we ****ed up.

Can he prove it? Asking to recend the election proves trumps intent
A lawyer and US Rep Brooks under oath should become a reliable witness if he doesn't change his tune. It would certainly help if one or two more witnesses came forward with similar information.

Like watching two pigs wrestle in shit.

Brooks and Trump deserve each other. I am curious why Brooks is coming out with this now, however - what does he stand to lose that's more valuable to him than the approval of Trump's base?
I as well.

The only thought that came to my mind at the time of starting this thread - the possibility with something in the re-election air hinting to hitching one's wagon to DJT is a losing proposition. Trumplicans may now be scurrying to get on the right side of history the closer the next election gets.

From the OP link:

”The congressman later told NBC News that Trump proposed the series of events to restore him to the presidency after Sept. 1, more than seven months after Biden's inauguration on Jan. 20, 2021.”

Seven months after the inauguration kind of throws cold water on Trump’s argument that he was operating on good faith that he really believed “The Big Lie.”

Yep. Trump sure did a good job bringing down the establishment.

One half of it, anyway. The Republican Party looks like a frat house after a Saturday night bacchanal.

Trump's entire presidency was controlled by the so called "establishment". The establishment wanted tax cuts...and they got it. They wanted federalist society judges on the courts...and they got it.

Any "populist" promises Trump made were either punted to useless executive orders...or never done. The "establishment" played that idiot like a fiddle.

Back
Top Bottom