• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep Mo Brooks Now Refuses to Testify Before the 1/6 Committee, when before he agreed to do so

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well then, I say subpoena your ass and plop your sorry carcass behind bars when you turn that down also.

“At one time, I would have voluntarily testified before the Nancy Pelosi Witch Hunt Committee provided the testimony was in public, the questioners were Congressmen, and the questions were limited to events related to Jan. 6," said Brooks. "But that time has long passed. I wouldn't help Nancy Pelosi and Liz Cheney cross the street--I'm definitely not going to help them and their partisan Witch Hunt Committee. I've already given numerous sworn affidavits and public statements about Jan. 6. At this moment in time, right before an Alabama U.S. Senate election, if they want to talk, they're gonna have to send me a subpoena, which I will fight.”

I represent criminals. No matter what you did, you deserve a fair shake. And none of us are free if you don't get it. It's not because I like crime or criminals. It's more because I stand for the constitution. I really do mean it when I say I want guilty persons free if it means innocent persons don't languish. In the same general box goes things like treating convicted criminals like human beings (you should agree even if you want to treat them like rats because they're supposed to re-enter society later).

What's Mo's excuse? He's not on about process. He likes the crime. He's just pissed it failed.

Well then, I say subpoena your ass and plop your sorry carcass behind bars when you turn that down also.

“At one time, I would have voluntarily testified before the Nancy Pelosi Witch Hunt Committee provided the testimony was in public, the questioners were Congressmen, and the questions were limited to events related to Jan. 6," said Brooks. "But that time has long passed. I wouldn't help Nancy Pelosi and Liz Cheney cross the street--I'm definitely not going to help them and their partisan Witch Hunt Committee. I've already given numerous sworn affidavits and public statements about Jan. 6. At this moment in time, right before an Alabama U.S. Senate election, if they want to talk, they're gonna have to send me a subpoena, which I will fight.”
He's making the right choice. Let's see if Nancy has the balls to subpoena a House Representative.

Brooks can indeed be compelled to talk to them.

Let's see if Nancy has the balls to subpoena a House Representative.
I was under the impression that Rep. Bennie Thompson issued subpoenas from the 1/6 Committee. I do agree that balls are needed to issue Congress Critters subpoenas., asap.

I was under the impression that Rep. Bennie Thompson issued subpoenas from the 1/6 Committee. I do agree that balls are needed to issue Congress Critters subpoenas., asap.
Nancy controls everything.

I doubt he would want to testify in public. He's just saying that because it's not in public,

Back
Top Bottom