• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Lauren Boebert suggested that Americans in the LGBTQ+ community should be 21 before they can make 'life-altering decisions about their sexuality

Rep. Lauren Boebert suggested that Americans in the LGBTQ+ community should be 21 before they can ma

• Total voters

Moi621

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Rep. Lauren Boebert suggested that Americans in the LGBTQ+ community should be 21 before they can make 'life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity'​

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-lauren-boebert-suggested-americans-193223186.html

Agree?
Disagree?
And why?

Moi

Canada-4.gif

Someone beat you to it:

18. We consider kids to be adults and able to make their own decisions at 18. We allow kids to join the military at 18.
I don't agree wth the idea of trans genderism but if 18 is a legal adult then that ought to be the red line as far as age.

Considering thhe fact that 63-88% of people in Holland that transitioned have DE-transitioned, yeah....it wouldnt be a bad idea for kids to have fully developed brains before they make a stupid decision based on a fad that has been pushed on their generation by a bunch of sick demented leftist pies of shit.

Considering the fact that 63-88% of people in Holland that transitioned have DE-transitioned, yeah....it wouldnt be a bad idea for kids to have fully developed brains before they make a stupid decision based on a fad that has been pushed on their generation by a bunch of sick demented leftist pies of shit.
I don't know how your brain works but mine is given pause when I take into account that people better educated than me who
observe what I'm concerned about up close and compared to me, more often, voice opinions contrary to mine.

Do you notice your concerns are selective and practicing doctors are in disagreement with your

...a stupid decision based on a fad that has been pushed on their generation by a bunch of sick demented leftist pies of shit.

..as well as your support for using the law to overrule the recommendations of practicing doctors,

Teens who want abortions without a parent's consent need a ...

https://www.kut.org › health › teens-who-want-abortion...
Mar 3, 2022 — Many young people who are seeking an abortion in Texas are facing insurmountable ... Mariapurram said since the law went into effect, ...

So straight kids can't decide they're straight until 18?
I kinda had that figured out by the time I was 8 or 9. Something about the large breasts on one of my mom’s friends.

I kinda had that figured out by the time I was 8 or 9. Something about the large breasts on one of my mom’s friends.
It's the same with gay or trans kids. Granted, I didn't realized I was gay until around 24, however when I look back in life, my earliest memory was wanting to take a bath with a friend because I wanted to see him naked.

It's the same with gay or trans kids. Granted, I didn't realized I was gay until around 24, however when I look back in life, my earliest memory was wanting to take a bath with a friend because I wanted to see him naked.
I don’t doubt it. The issue here is really one of being mature enough to make a life altering decision. If a gay or straight kid initially mistakes their orientation it’s really not the end of the world. A 14 year old who decides to get a sex change and then realizes it was a mistake would be tragic. It’d be similarly tragic for an adult but we assume adults can weigh those risks before making a decision.

We largely don’t allow people under 18 to make important life decisions on their own. I don’t see any good reason to make this an exception to that rule.

Rep. Lauren Boebert suggested that Americans in the LGBTQ+ community should be 21 before they can make 'life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity'​

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-lauren-boebert-suggested-americans-193223186.html

Agree?
Disagree?
And why?

Moi

Many LGBTQ people knew they were such or at least had an idea well before they turned 18. It is cruel and barbaric indocrination to force them to be cishet if they know that they are not.

I don’t doubt it. The issue here is really one of being mature enough to make a life altering decision. If a gay or straight kid initially mistakes their orientation it’s really not the end of the world. A 14 year old who decides to get a sex change and then realizes it was a mistake would be tragic. It’d be similarly tragic for an adult but we assume adults can weigh those risks before making a decision.

We largely don’t allow people under 18 to make important life decisions on their own. I don’t see any good reason to make this an exception to that rule.

Consider the recruitment on children at a vulnerable age.
2 of 3 Boys P.E. coaches at my O.C. High School came out a decade or two later
Yet no "straight" man would be hired to coach Girl's P.E.
Go Figure - or not
Recruitment of vulnerable minors, happens.

And There Are exceptions such as the Cher & Bono child
referenced above. But, Too Young To Be Recruited.

Moi

1649026165398.png

Go Figure - or not

Moi

^ Deranged post. There is no evidence of LGBTQ "recruitment" of minors. It's just red meat for a paranoid base.

Go Figure - or not

Moi

It's so weird that with the non-stop "straight" programming on television, in movies, video games, and in general society, those gay kids never seem to get recruited into straightness...

Straight men teach PE all the time I have no idea what you're talking about there.

8 or 9 ?????

Really.
That seems odd to you? Didn’t say I jumped her just that I liked what I saw. And I had my first female friend at around the same time. Pretended to be married. Was not at all unusual in the late 60s early 70s where I grew up.

Back
Top Bottom