• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Lauren Boebert Says Canada And U.S. 'Need To Be Liberated' Like Ukraine

Jay Falcon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Rep. Lauren Boebert Says Canada And U.S. 'Need To Be Liberated' Like Ukraine

As everyday Ukrainian people take up arms against Russian invaders in a desperate bid to hang onto their democracy, Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) on Sunday compared their situation to protesting truckers in Canada who didn’t want to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

“I pray for Ukraine and I wish them the best. They have a great president right now who has really said clearly, ‘Live free or die.’ He said, ‘I don’t need a ride, give me ammunition. The fight is right here,’” Boebert said in an interview with Fox News personalities Kayleigh McEnany and Pete Hegseth at the Conservative Political Action Conference that aired on the Fox Nation streaming service.

“But we also have neighbors to the north who need freedom and need to be liberated and we need that right here at home as well.”

Another Trumphumping Russia-con doth speaketh.

This is not about politics, if politics is still about things like taxes, national security, health care, jobs, and public lands. This is about us as journalists recognizing that we'll hold a politician accountable if they say something vile once, but not if they do it every day.

Unlike the vast majority of the GOP comprising the rest of the "morons" letting her and others get away with such while "sanctioning" Liz Cheney and a few others.
McCarthy allows it because he doesn't want to be on Trump's hit list. He wants the gavel more than he cares about his oath, his country or even his party. He is one of the reasons I really hope that moderate Republicans win over Trumpers in contestsble States. I think McCarthy will bet a rude surprise next January when he is not selected Speaker.

There is no logic in comparing Ukraine's fight for their own right to self-determination and their form of govt, democracy, to the nonsense perpetrated by the Canadian truckers and spoken by Boebert. The thing is, Boebert et al are the spearpoint of the GOP and the Dems have never responded to any meaningful extent against such as Boebert just said nor hers and the rest of the Rep/cons attack on democracy. We tend to choose strong and wrong vs weak and right in our elections. The public is heavily in favor of Dem policies, but the Dems themselves are very politically weak and politically dumb. The Rep/cons are winning the war against democracy because the Dems to jack.

Boebart, Greene and Cawthorn as so busy on the national stage, what do they do for their constituents?

McCarthy allows it because he doesn't want to be on Trump's hit list. He wants the gavel more than he cares about his oath, his country or even his party. He is one of the reasons I really hope that moderate Republicans win over Trumpers in contestsble States. I think McCarthy will bet a rude surprise next January when he is not selected Speaker.

The Dems will get a rude "non" surprise when they get kicked out of Congress this yr, unless something changes via "hope and prayer", because that's all the Dems have, as I've not seen them try anything else to any real extent as a party or cohesive political whole.

Boebart, Greene and Cawthorn as so busy on the national stage, what do they do for their constituents?

They, and many others, give them cultural support to be the white nationalist party.

Last year, Cawthorn missed the most votes of any congressional freshman. So, the answer for him is probably "not too much". I hate that lying ****.

The Dems will get a rude "non" surprise when they get kicked out of Congress this yr, unless something changes via "hope and prayer", because that's all the Dems have, as I've not seen them try anything else to any real extent as a party or cohesive political whole.
I wasn't meaning to suggest the GOP won't take back the House, they will. I meant I don't think McCarthy will be chosen leader by the GOP.

The Republican base is the problem in our country.

Clearly they don't give a shit about their constituents, its more about being a TV star, like their idol.

Last year, Cawthorn missed the most votes of any congressional freshman. So, the answer for him is probably "not too much". I hate that lying ****.

He was too busy pleading with his Russian mail bride to not run off to Russia and tell Poots all the secrets.

She sure has a tendency to shoot from the hip.shooters2019.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom