• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Ilhan Omar faces backlash for new attacks on Covington students

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-ilhan-omar-faces-backlash-for-new-attacks-on-covington-students

Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., is facing a social media backlash for going after Covington Catholic students anew Tuesday night, even after many in the media acknowledged initially misreporting on their widely viewed confrontation with a Native-American elder in Washington last week.

Media figures initially seized on the viral confrontation between the group of students and Native-American elder Nathan Phillips. The initial clip appeared to show students antagonizing him, but additional video then emerged offering context, including that Phillips approached them amid a confrontation between the students and Black Hebrew Israelite protesters. The students pushed back on the initial criticism, and many of those critics have since retracted their statements -- but others have revived the criticism.

Omar weighed in on the subject, responding to President Trump’s tweet defending Covington student Nick Sandmann and his peers -- by claiming they were taunting the black protesters despite accounts to the contrary and citing a videotaped comment about rape, though it's unclear whether it was one of the Covington students who said it.
The freshman comes late the party, and immediately ****s up. Maybe she and Cortez should start a club.

Fox news sell the "misrepresented" line of bull**** and whining about those meanie wiberals

Color me shocked

Fox news sell the "misrepresented" line of bull**** and whining about those meanie wiberals

Color me shocked

Because it's true, and even CNN is backpedalling.

Attacking school kids is the latest practice of the Democratic Party. Parents should fear the Democratic Party on behalf of their children.

Attacking school kids is the latest practice of the Democratic Party. Parents should fear the Democratic Party on behalf of their children.

Yeah the Parkland kids never got "attacked".....Get real...Those white trash bigots get what they deserve

Yeah the Parkland kids never got "attacked".....Get real...Those white trash bigots get what they deserve

You realize that you're calling children these rude names, right? I find that when a liberal has no argument they go straight to foul language and insults and name calling. Happens every-single-time.

Attacking school kids is the latest practice of the Democratic Party.

Yeah right, the right was attacking Parkland Survivors for standing up for gun control long before this so spare us your ridiculous, idiotic rant.

You realize that you're calling children these rude names, right? I find that when a liberal has no argument they go straight to foul language and insults and name calling. Happens every-single-time.

You guys were calling the parkland kids Hitler youth.

Just following your hero trump....A Bigot is a bigot....That's what I saw...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-ilhan-omar-faces-backlash-for-new-attacks-on-covington-students
... The freshman comes late the party, and immediately ****s up. Maybe she and Cortez should start a club.

I think she should be sued for her twitter comment:

Ilhan Omar
‏Verified account
@IlhanMN
Follow Follow @IlhanMN
-The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled “it’s not rape if you enjoy it
-They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants
-Sandmann’s family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology ����*♀️https://rewire.news/article/2019/01...rushes-to-excuse-covington-catholic-students/ …Ilhan Omar added, ...
7:42 PM - 22 Jan 2019

Unfortunately, her headscarf is her carte blanche for being openly racist.

The video speaks for itself...A bunch of bigoted white assholes taunting and older Native American ....Deal with it

It must depress the hell out of you that almost all the liberal media outlets are backtracking if not outright apologizing to the students.

There are hotlines available if you get too sad.

Shall we list some of the names that cons said about the Parkland survivors when they stood up for gun control? Yes, let's:

Clueless. From what I could see, there were a bunch of kids dressed up and acting like little Nazis. Bought and paid for by the Left, including #Soros

Others are listed in the link from Facebook as well from Steve King

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...nd-students-david-hogg-and-emma-gonzalez.html

Just following your hero trump....A Bigot is a bigot....That's what I saw...

You ever notice how the biggest bigots are usually the ones claiming everyone else is a bigot?

I think she should be sued for her twitter comment:

Ilhan Omar
‏Verified account
@IlhanMN
Follow Follow @IlhanMN
-The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled “it’s not rape if you enjoy it
-They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants
-Sandmann’s family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology ����*♀️https://rewire.news/article/2019/01...rushes-to-excuse-covington-catholic-students/ …Ilhan Omar added, ...
7:42 PM - 22 Jan 2019

Unfortunately, her headscarf is her carte blanche for being openly racist.

Sued for what?

What did she lie about?

Just read the follow-up comments to her tweet where people were proving her wrong.

And as to the PR firm, I didn't highlight that part as part of her lies.

:roll:

Just read the follow-up comments to her tweet where people were proving her wrong.

And as to the PR firm, I didn't highlight that part as part of her lies.

:roll:

One of the boys did say it’s not rape if you enjoy it, the boys and the Black Israelites were taunting each other, and doing the tomahawk chop while chanting at a native american is absolutely racist.

One of the boys did say it’s not rape if you enjoy it, the boys and the Black Israelites were taunting each other, and doing the tomahawk chop while chanting at a native american is absolutely racist.

:lamo

She deleted her lying tweet ... :lamo

:lamo

Just found out why she deleted her lying tweet:

Lawyer for Covington boys:

"Everybody now is on 48-hour notice so by Friday, everybody needs to retract and correct any false statements they have issued about these kids," attorney Robert Barnes, who said he's offering his services for free, told Fox News' "Fox and Friends."

That would include "any major member of the media," Barnes said. "That includes anybody with a substantial social media platform. If you have said anything false about these kids, they are willing to extend to you a 48-hour time period of grace, consistent with their Christian faith, for you through confessions to get redemption and retract and correct and apologize."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/maga-teens-attorney-critics/2019/01/23/id/899411/

The video speaks for itself...A bunch of bigoted white assholes taunting and older Native American ....Deal with it

I enjoy almost all of your posts you're very consistent. Tell me, would you be more incensed by this smirking privileged, MAGA
hat wearing, privately schooled boy if the picture was enhanced and it could be determined that he had blue eyes?

Back
Top Bottom