• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Eric Swalwell seems to have an answer for gun control

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1063527635114852352

Rep. Eric Swalwell
‏Verified account @RepSwalwell
Replying to @Rambobiggs

And it would be a short war my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they’re legit. I’m sure if we talked we could find common ground to protect our families and communities.
12:22 PM - 16 Nov 2018

Nukes, huh? Well, Eric, I suppose that is an option. I'm not so sure you'll get a lot of backing for that idea but having a sitting Congressman so much as suggest such an option is, in a word, disturbing.

I’m thinking this will come back to bite in spades.........Twitter & politicians; what could go wrong?

Swalwell and Cardillo are both moron zealots.

John Cardillo
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Make no mistake, Democrats want to eradicate the Second Amendment, ban and seize all guns, and have all power rest with the state.

These people are dangerously obsessed with power.

Rep. Eric Swalwell
Rep. Eric Swalwell
@RepSwalwell
Replying to
@WalshFreedom
Joe, it’s sarcasm. He said he’s going to war with America if gun legislation was passed. I told him his government has nukes. God forbid we use sarcasm

Really stupid, tone deaf sarcasm.

Last edited:

Nukes, huh? Well, Eric, I suppose that is an option. I'm not so sure you'll get a lot of backing for that idea but having a sitting Congressman so much as suggest such an option is, in a word, disturbing.
Maybe that is a new gun law Kalistan is kicking around. I'm sure this will be remembered next voting cycle. He should be kicked to the curb now.

He's obviously mentally ill and someone who makes comments like that should not hold public office.

he also proves why the founders were so wise and why the second amendment is so important

Nothing like a partial quote to interpret a statement out of context.

Joe Biggs

@Rambobiggs
· 9h
So basically @RepSwalwell wants a war. Because that’s what you would get. You’re outta your ****ing mind if you think I’ll give up my rights and give the gov all the power.

Rep. Eric Swalwell

@RepSwalwell
And it would be a short war my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they’re legit. I’m sure if we talked we could find common ground to protect our families and communities.

He's simply making a point that it's ridiculous for Gun-Owners to think they can battle some type of gone-rogue Government.

Eric Swalwell is DEAD ON with his assessment. These guns have no purpose in a civilized society. A SELL-BACK is a great idea.

The NRA has hijacked America, as is evident in these threads. The Conservative hero, Ronald Reagan wouldn't even make it through the Republican Primary today.

Reagan_Gun_Control.jpg

Rep. Eric Swalwell
‏Verified account @RepSwalwell
Replying to @Rambobiggs

And it would be a short war my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they’re legit..... 12:22 PM - 16 Nov 2018

A bit disturbing. Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like someone who considers armed citizens to be an enemy, to be subjugated regardless of cost?

From a different era, but I have never been able to get this phrase out of my head:

"'It became necessary to destroy the town to save it,' a United States major said today. He was talking about the decision by allied commanders to bomb and shell the town regardless of civilian casualties, to rout the Vietcong."

Written by Peter Arnett in the New York Times, 1968

Joe Biggs

@Rambobiggs
· 9h
So basically @RepSwalwell wants a war. Because that’s what you would get. You’re outta your ****ing mind if you think I’ll give up my rights and give the gov all the power.

Rep. Eric Swalwell

@RepSwalwell

He's simply making a point that it's ridiculous for Gun-Owners to think they can battle some type of gone-rogue Government.

He's doing more than that. He's implying supremacy of the government over the citizens and he is also implying that the government can and should use force against the people if the people resist that supremacy. It's about as anti-American as a government official can get.

He's doing more than that. He's implying supremacy of the government over the citizens and he is also implying that the government can and should use force against the people if the people resist that supremacy. It's about as anti-American as a government official can get.

No he's not.

A bit disturbing. Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like someone who considers armed citizens to be an enemy, to be subjugated regardless of cost?

From a different era, but I have never been able to get this phrase out of my head:

"'It became necessary to destroy the town to save it,' a United States major said today. He was talking about the decision by allied commanders to bomb and shell the town regardless of civilian casualties, to rout the Vietcong."

Written by Peter Arnett in the New York Times, 1968

Yes, I think that guns that kill masses of people in a short period time are the enemy of a civilized society. Australia is a better country, after outlawing them.

Yes, I think that guns that kill masses of people in a short period time are the enemy of a civilized society. Australia is a better country, after outlawing them.

Personally, I think that automobiles are the enemy of a civilized society.

I also think that Australia has always been a nice country, and hasn't changed much since changing their gun laws.

Actually, Swallwell's just stating the obvious although he should have realized how easy it is to take comments out of context. Perhaps, he should have just referred to armed drones, tanks and air power instead of nukes. When the 2nd Amendment was written, a well regulated militia defending their homes could hold off a much larger army. With today's weapons, they would be wiped out before they could even fire a shot.

We've had mass shootings with semi-automatic rifles, semi-automatic pistols, semi-automatic shotguns, bolt action rifles, lever action rifle, pump action shotguns, double barrel shotguns, rimfire rifles, rimfire pistols, and revolvers. The UK had a mass shooting with a bolt action rimfire rifle.

France had a mass killing with a truck. Australia has had mass murders with a knife and with a hammer. New Zealand still allows ownership of semiautomatic rifles and has never had a mass shooting with one.

You have a lot of outlawing to do.

Actually, Swallwell's just stating the obvious although he should have realized how easy it is to take comments out of context. Perhaps, he should have just referred to armed drones, tanks and air power instead of nukes. When the 2nd Amendment was written, a well regulated militia defending their homes could hold off a much larger army. With today's weapons, they would be wiped out before they could even fire a shot.

You haven't studied much Mao, have you?

Joe Biggs

@Rambobiggs
· 9h

Rep. Eric Swalwell

@RepSwalwell

What would happen to this gone-rogue government if Anonymous or similar published on the internet the names and addresses of every soldier and government employee, and the names, photos and schools of all of their children? Who would be leaving those homes to go fight other Americans?

We've had mass shootings with semi-automatic rifles, semi-automatic pistols, semi-automatic shotguns, bolt action rifles, lever action rifle, pump action shotguns, double barrel shotguns, rimfire rifles, rimfire pistols, and revolvers. The UK had a mass shooting with a bolt action rimfire rifle.

France had a mass killing with a truck. Australia has had mass murders with a knife and with a hammer. New Zealand still allows ownership of semiautomatic rifles and has never had a mass shooting with one.

You have a lot of outlawing to do.

France and England don't have the issues that the US does...

gun-death-rates-chart.jpg

Personally, I think that automobiles are the enemy of a civilized society.

I also think that Australia has always been a nice country, and hasn't changed much since changing their gun laws.

duh...

What would happen to this gone-rogue government if Anonymous or similar published on the internet the names and addresses of every soldier and government employee, and the names, photos and schools of all of their children? Who would be leaving those homes to go fight other Americans?

You will have to better explain your "Rogue Government" scenario. I'm not one of these Armageddon nutcases, and I don't espouse to armed citizenry having any effect whatsoever on a Rogue Government. Maybe that answers your question. Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom