• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Duncan Hunter, wife reportedly indicted by federal grand jury

Well I wish you better in your next representative.

San Diego has some 9 military bases, so it's natural it leans republican, especially in the outer burbs, like poway, el cajon, lemon grove, etc.

Hunter always seemed like an arrogant creep ...No doubt he and his dirtbag wife wife felt "entitled
to using the campaign money for themselves...

San Diego has some 9 military bases, so it's natural it leans republican, especially in the outer burbs, like poway, el cajon, lemon grove, etc.

I used to want to live in San Diego but I hear its gotten so densely populated you need to lather yourself in vaseline and get a human-sized shoe-horn to cram yourself in there.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIICgBMAE&usg=AOvVaw11mOhLOK1hsuJGq0qqHI-U

Breaking: Rep. Duncan Hunter, and wife, were indicted Tuesday on federal campaign-finance charges.

ABC News reported that Mr. Hunter and wife Margaret are accused of diverting $250,000 in campaign donations for personal use.

Reporter Mike Levine of ABC said the money was used for, among other things, “trips to Italy and Hawaii, and dental work.”

Also, CNN: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIHSgBMAA&usg=AOvVaw0JgPTWVjxTBXtWubxd9Jhl

Things just keep getting more interesting for the party that supposedly was going to drain the swamp.

Well, with others that have resigned and the work Mueller is doing, the swamp is being drained.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIICgBMAE&usg=AOvVaw11mOhLOK1hsuJGq0qqHI-U

Breaking: Rep. Duncan Hunter, and wife, were indicted Tuesday on federal campaign-finance charges.

ABC News reported that Mr. Hunter and wife Margaret are accused of diverting $250,000 in campaign donations for personal use.

Reporter Mike Levine of ABC said the money was used for, among other things, “trips to Italy and Hawaii, and dental work.”

Also, CNN: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIHSgBMAA&usg=AOvVaw0JgPTWVjxTBXtWubxd9Jhl

Things just keep getting more interesting for the party that supposedly was going to drain the swamp.

Couldn’t happen to a better guy. I really don’t know about the wife so much, though.

It’s been publicly known since at least March that the DOJ has been investigating Hunter. They don’t treat these matters lightly. The Republicans look as though they’re going to pull him from committees. I guess they know the score. Hunter joins Chris Collins as the first two Representatives to declare support for Trump. Drain the swamp! (which Trump is now saying is a slogan he never liked. Wonder why).

Though more Republican than Dem or Ind, the 50th has elected Dems in the past.

I get a kick out of the fact that former Republican 50th Rep Randy “Duke” Cunningham went to jail in 2005 for bribery, fraud, and tax evasion. Couldn’t happen to a better guy. He was a big-time harsh penalty law and order kinda guy. He got out in 2013.

Also to do with the 50th, former Dem Rep Bob Filner was accused of sexual harassment, while he was Mayor of SD, by Gloria Allred and pleaded down to one count of false imprisonment and two misdemeanor battery charges. Another “couldn’t happen to a better guy”.

Stuff like this, and more, isn’t restricted to the 50th or just the Congressional Districts or any level of government, and more. San Diego is a gas.

Couldn’t happen to a better guy. I really don’t know about the wife so much, though.

It’s been publicly known since at least March that the DOJ has been investigating Hunter. They don’t treat these matters lightly. The Republicans look as though they’re going to pull him from committees. I guess they know the score. Hunter joins Chris Collins as the first two Representatives to declare support for Trump. Drain the swamp! (which Trump is now saying is a slogan he never liked. Wonder why).

Though more Republican than Dem or Ind, the 50th has elected Dems in the past.

I get a kick out of the fact that former Republican 50th Rep Randy “Duke” Cunningham went to jail in 2005 for bribery, fraud, and tax evasion. Couldn’t happen to a better guy. He was a big-time harsh penalty law and order kinda guy. He got out in 2013.

Also to do with the 50th, former Dem Rep Bob Filner was accused of sexual harassment, while he was Mayor of SD, by Gloria Allred and pleaded down to one count of false imprisonment and two misdemeanor battery charges. Another “couldn’t happen to a better guy”.

Stuff like this, and more, isn’t restricted to the 50th or just the Congressional Districts or any level of government, and more. San Diego is a gas.

It sounds like she was out of control with the personal credit card and he was too much of a wuss to do anything about it. They had hundreds and hundreds of overdraft fees on their personal account. No doubt this was teamwork in action.

It sounds like she was out of control with the personal credit card and he was too much of a wuss to do anything about it. They had hundreds and hundreds of overdraft fees on their personal account. No doubt this was teamwork in action.

I haven't seen anything about if the use of the campaign funds started when they got into personal account problems. I just am curious if that was the case. My guess is they just were spending out of control both from their personal and campaign funds for their own gratification.

Dude just took his wife, threw her to the ground, and put huge bus-sized tread marks up her back.

Indicted Rep. Duncan Hunter: My wife handled my finances

Rep. Duncan D. Hunter seemed to shift any blame onto his wife, Margaret, on Thursday for alleged campaign fund abuses, saying she was the one handling his finances.

"She was also the campaign manager, so whatever she did that'll be looked at too, I'm sure," the California Republican said on Fox News.

"But I didn't do it," Hunter said. "I didn't spend any money illegally."​

Dude just took his wife, threw her to the ground, and put huge bus-sized tread marks up her back.

Indicted Rep. Duncan Hunter: My wife handled my finances

Rep. Duncan D. Hunter seemed to shift any blame onto his wife, Margaret, on Thursday for alleged campaign fund abuses, saying she was the one handling his finances.

"She was also the campaign manager, so whatever she did that'll be looked at too, I'm sure," the California Republican said on Fox News.

"But I didn't do it," Hunter said. "I didn't spend any money illegally."​

If he does not know what his salary is and there is a massive mismatch in what goes out vs comes in.....he did not want to know.

And to throw your wife under the bus for what you should have known, seriously. This was not a few hundred or a few thousand dollars difference.

They need a trial (unless they come clean a plea) but if the evidence shows they are guilty, they can brush up on their math skills when they learn exactly how far $25 will go in the Prison commissary.

Back
Top Bottom