• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Duncan Hunter, wife reportedly indicted by federal grand jury

We’ll come close to hastert Jordan this year and get the angry rightie in 2020.

We’ll get All of the Iowa Republicans this year, especially Racist Congressman Steve King; and then GOP Senator Worthless Ernst in 2020. Grassley’s Legacy is Ruined, as is that of this entire GOPestilence.

King. Grassley. Ernst.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIICgBMAE&usg=AOvVaw11mOhLOK1hsuJGq0qqHI-U

Breaking: Rep. Duncan Hunter, and wife, were indicted Tuesday on federal campaign-finance charges.

ABC News reported that Mr. Hunter and wife Margaret are accused of diverting $250,000 in campaign donations for personal use.

Reporter Mike Levine of ABC said the money was used for, among other things, “trips to Italy and Hawaii, and dental work.”

Also, CNN: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIHSgBMAA&usg=AOvVaw0JgPTWVjxTBXtWubxd9Jhl

Things just keep getting more interesting for the party that supposedly was going to drain the swamp.

Another Republican bites the dust.

Let's call it the Grand Orange Party, after orange prison suits.

Another Republican bites the dust.

Let's call it the Grand Orange Party, after orange prison suits.

Hunter is blaming Hillary Clinton....Says it is all a misunderstanding, a mistake....Leftist media lies....This guy is going down hard...He'll plead out to avoid too much jail time....What a pathetic worm

So the first two congressmen to come out all in favor of Trump, Chris Collins, and second, Duncan Hunter, both are now indicted on felony charges?
Wow.

So what are we up to now for Team Trump?

Campaign chairman Paul Manafort - Found guilty on felony charges
Deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates - Plead guilty to felony charges
National Security Advisor Michael Flynn - Plead guilty to felony charges
Campaign Advisor George Papadopouls - Plead guilty to felony charges

Chris Collins - Republican representative, first rep to come out in full support of Trump- indicted on felony charges
Duncan Hunter - Republican representative, 2nd representative to throw support behind Trump - indicted on felony charges

Who is left?
Roger Stone
Don Jr.

And TBD - Kushner?

Trump has been all but implicated as an unindicted co-conpisrator...and we still have Mueller's investigation, and the 2nd Manafort trial which may trigger other relevalations, and the Butina Russian spy case with some Americans involved and yet to be indicted.

Am I missing anything?

Only the best......Duncan and his sleaze bag wife need to go away...for a long time

His incarceration will be a "cake" walk.

So moist, so delicious.

Want to know what makes this so sick. The campaign funds he stole he disguised as donations to the Wounded Warriors charity. I hope he rots.

Want to know what makes this so sick. The campaign funds he stole he disguised as donations to the Wounded Warriors charity. I hope he rots.

Wounded Warriors was a Bull**** charity anyway....Full of low lifes pocketing the money...Hunter would fit right in with those low lifes

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIICgBMAE&usg=AOvVaw11mOhLOK1hsuJGq0qqHI-U

Breaking: Rep. Duncan Hunter, and wife, were indicted Tuesday on federal campaign-finance charges.

ABC News reported that Mr. Hunter and wife Margaret are accused of diverting $250,000 in campaign donations for personal use.

Reporter Mike Levine of ABC said the money was used for, among other things, “trips to Italy and Hawaii, and dental work.”

Also, CNN: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QqQIIHSgBMAA&usg=AOvVaw0JgPTWVjxTBXtWubxd9Jhl

Things just keep getting more interesting for the party that supposedly was going to drain the swamp.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If he's guilty, I hope he gets the max sentence. I don't care what party he belongs to.

Yep I can't stand embezzlement.
Just like coryn brown only 5 years for her fake charity.

Yep I can't stand embezzlement.
Just like coryn brown only 5 years for her fake charity.

I am hoping all of this swamp draining ramps up, not down. I do not care which side of the aisle it hits.

I am hoping all of this swamp draining ramps up, not down. I do not care which side of the aisle it hits.

The people in washington are bigger crooks than the outrage the protest at others.
honestly they should all be fired and never allowed to hold public office again.

there is a reason that they say politicians start off poor but then start earning millions.

they get so much inside information on things going on that it is almost impossible for them
not to make money. they setup special deals that allow them to make millions.

just like that one democrat law maker whose husband has made millions on deals.

https://abcstlouis.com/news/local/c...eaped-131-million-in-federal-money-since-2007

growing from about $1,600-$16,000 per year to $365,000-$1.1 million per year by 2017

yea i don't see him being that smart of a business man.
however all that growth in income co-insides with her being elected.

So, you should have no issue with getting rid of dishonest, lying, greedy politicians that break the law.

I think frankly it should start with complete transparency in where a politician gets his money.

No hidden money from PACs and SuperPacs. If "Families for a Greater American Prosperity" donates 1 million dollars to a candidate.....it should be clear where "Families for a Greater American Prosperity" got their money. We need to know who is funding our politicians ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE and who the politician may feel obligated to assist.

And then complete transparency where the money goes to.

The people in washington are bigger crooks than the outrage the protest at others.
honestly they should all be fired and never allowed to hold public office again.

there is a reason that they say politicians start off poor but then start earning millions.

they get so much inside information on things going on that it is almost impossible for them
not to make money. they setup special deals that allow them to make millions.

just like that one democrat law maker whose husband has made millions on deals.

https://abcstlouis.com/news/local/c...eaped-131-million-in-federal-money-since-2007

growing from about $1,600-$16,000 per year to $365,000-$1.1 million per year by 2017

yea i don't see him being that smart of a business man.
however all that growth in income co-insides with her being elected.

Predictable. When a Democrat breaks the law the focus is on the democrats as being crooked. When a republican is busted and makes the headlines, "Everyone in Washington is bad and they all do it..." followed up with a whataboutism for good measure.

Predictable. When a Democrat breaks the law the focus is on the democrats as being crooked. When a republican is busted and makes the headlines, "Everyone in Washington is bad and they all do it..." followed up with a whataboutism for good measure.

this is where your failure to read is just that YOUR FAILURE TO READ. 99% of liberals issues in argument is that they never read.
they only read what they want to and throw out the rest. so for your sake and since you missed it the first time i will post it again.

he people in washington are bigger crooks than the outrage the protest at others.

what does the word all mean/

All means All and that's All.

this is where your failure to read is just that YOUR FAILURE TO READ. 99% of liberals issues in argument is that they never read.
they only read what they want to and throw out the rest. so for your sake and since you missed it the first time i will post it again.

he people in washington are bigger crooks than the outrage the protest at others.

what does the word all mean/

All means All and that's All.

Thanks for just reiterating my point. If a democrat was in the headlines, we hear how "Democrats are crooked." When a Republican in in the headlines we hear "They are ALL bad." I guess in your attempt to say that I failed to read, you actually failed to read.

Thanks for just reiterating my point. If a democrat was in the headlines, we hear how "Democrats are crooked." When a Republican in in the headlines we hear "They are ALL bad." I guess in your attempt to say that I failed to read, you actually failed to read.
I left the GOP because of Trump, but I'd been observing for years that among certain elements of the GOP base, there is an immovable, elemental commitment to dishonesty--intellectual dishonesty and just plain dishonesty. You see it manifested online in arguments like this all the time. It's why wingnut media sources are so obviously full of ****--insultingly so--yet so popular among even some educated rightwing Americans. It's why they never grow weary of Trump's insults to their intelligence and obvious lies.

They're committed to something that they can't or won't admit to that makes their behavior appear irrational as it pertains to their stated values. It's why they can harp about "crookedness" while ignoring that GOP administrations have accounted for something like 80% of federal indictments since the Kennedy years. And why they can simultaneously observe Trump, his past, his behavior, and the activities of his inner circle and seemingly honestly believe that he's in Washington to "drain the swamp" and weed out corruption.

I'm beyond civility with these people. They're either too stupid or too dishonest to engage in good faith.

I left the GOP because of Trump, but I'd been observing for years that among certain elements of the GOP base, there is an immovable, elemental commitment to dishonesty--intellectual dishonesty and just plain dishonesty. You see it manifested online in arguments like this all the time. It's why wingnut media sources are so obviously full of ****--insultingly so--yet so popular among even some educated rightwing Americans. It's why they never grow weary of Trump's insults to their intelligence and obvious lies.

They're committed to something that they can't or won't admit to that makes their behavior appear irrational as it pertains to their stated values. It's why they can harp about "crookedness" while ignoring that GOP administrations have accounted for something like 80% of federal indictments since the Kennedy years. And why they can simultaneously observe Trump, his past, his behavior, and the activities of his inner circle and seemingly honestly believe that he's in Washington to "drain the swamp" and weed out corruption.

I'm beyond civility with these people. They're either too stupid or too dishonest to engage in good faith.

My dad is a right-wing nut and he's done this crap for eons. When a dem is prez he thinks we are on the edge of tyranny and dems are going to destroy all. When a repub is prez, like GW and actually crashes the economy or this asshat in the oval office now, then he starts talking about how we need to "throw the bums out... all of them." Repubs and Dems. :roll:

He, like pretty much all trumpanzees are just married to the letter "R" no matter what.

My dad is a right-wing nut and he's done this crap for eons. When a dem is prez he thinks we are on the edge of tyranny and dems are going to destroy all. When a repub is prez, like GW and actually crashes the economy or this asshat in the oval office now, then he starts talking about how we need to "throw the bums out... all of them." Repubs and Dems. :roll:

He, like pretty much all trumpanzees are just married to the letter "R" no matter what.
Well my family are mostly establishment types, so we've been spared the awkward holidays and dinners arguing about Trump. My older brother's in-laws are hardcore Trumpkins (actually generally nice, Christian people) but the one time my mother asked them to reconcile their faith with Trump/Trumpism's licentiousness, they balked and apparently things were all awkward for the rest of their visit. I guess I'd just get up and walk away if someone I cared about went all Trump apologist on me. Better than swearing at them, I guess.

Well my family are mostly establishment types, so we've been spared the awkward holidays and dinners arguing about Trump. My older brother's in-laws are hardcore Trumpkins (actually generally nice, Christian people) but the one time my mother asked them to reconcile their faith with Trump/Trumpism's licentiousness, they balked and apparently things were all awkward for the rest of their visit. I guess I'd just get up and walk away if someone I cared about went all Trump apologist on me. Better than swearing at them, I guess.

My dad often pushes conversations towards politics and I flat out tell him, "We are NOT doing this." And he backs off.

Duncan Hunter is my congressman that POS

Back
Top Bottom