• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Cheney says it is 'it is absolutely clear that what President Trump was doing ... was unlawful'

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Come on. Don't you have to be a totally corrupt republican or just a massive liar to NOT know that by now??

"Rep. Liz Cheney said Sunday that the House select committee investigating the January 6th insurrection has "not made a decision" on criminal referrals to the Department of Justice, but added it is "absolutely clear that what President Trump was dealing with when a number of people around him were doing that they knew it was unlawful. They did it anyway."

"I think what we have seen is a massive and well-organized and well-planned effort that used multiple tools to try to overturn an election," the Wyoming Republican told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"The committee is working in a really collaborative way to discuss these issues as we are with all of the issues we're addressing and we'll continue to work together to do so," she said. "I wouldn't characterize there being a dispute on the committee. I think it is the single most collaborative committee on which I've ever served."

Come on. Don't you have to be a totally corrupt republican or just a massive liar to NOT know that by now??

"Rep. Liz Cheney said Sunday that the House select committee investigating the January 6th insurrection has "not made a decision" on criminal referrals to the Department of Justice, but added it is "absolutely clear that what President Trump was dealing with when a number of people around him were doing that they knew it was unlawful. They did it anyway."

"I think what we have seen is a massive and well-organized and well-planned effort that used multiple tools to try to overturn an election," the Wyoming Republican told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"The committee is working in a really collaborative way to discuss these issues as we are with all of the issues we're addressing and we'll continue to work together to do so," she said. "I wouldn't characterize there being a dispute on the committee. I think it is the single most collaborative committee on which I've ever served."

She sounds like Schiffty now. How did that work out for him?

no one thinks that the "Big Lie" supporters/insurrection deniers, like yourself, will like this thread.
I have nothing against this thread, but I also think as much about Cheney as I do about Schiffty.

I'll give a hats off to Liz Cheney ........

Whether or not Trump and his cohorts involved in the Big Lie are held accountable for their treasonous, anti-Constitutional efforts to overturn the ‘20 election will not prevent historians from recording the facts of their despicable attempted coup, thanks in large part to the efforts of the January 6th committee.

1649610453104.png

Garland has had a criminal referral on Mark Meadows for almost 120 days!

Why?

She is a life long conservative. Far right conservative at that.
Is it her patriotism you disdain?

Because facts don’t matter, they are investigating their leader. All bets are off.

Garland has had a criminal referral on Mark Meadows for almost 120 days!

I don't quite understand this whole criminal referral thing. I am more than confident Garland has more information available to him than the Jan 6th Committee and is likely quite far down the road in terms of a criminal investigation. My personal opinion is that he isn't moving forward on Meadows contempt charger is because he is looking at much more serious charges and doesn't want a contempt charge against Meadows mucking that up......God, I hope I am right.

I don't quite understand this whole criminal referral thing. I am more than confident Garland has more information available to him than the Jan 6th Committee and is likely quite far down the road in terms of a criminal investigation. My personal opinion is that he isn't moving forward on Meadows contempt charger is because he is looking at much more serious charges and doesn't want a contempt charge against Meadows mucking that up......God, I hope I am right.

I had though this. I no longer do. I think Garland is just weak.

Why?

She is a life long conservative. Far right conservative at that.
Is it her patriotism you disdain?
Yes, it is her patriotism. There is nobody more conservative than Liz Cheney and she loves democracy more than personal political or monetary gain.....but she spoke against Trump. The day will come, I am convinced of it, when Trump's attempts to thwart democracy will become evident to all.....well all except those most consumed by conspiracy theories and media manipulation...unfortunately a sizeable number.

I had though this. I no longer do. I think Garland is just weak.
I hear you......however, his career has shown him to be anything other than weak. I'm sticking with him for now. I think he is looking for iron clad and I think he is right to do that......an indictment of Trump will rock the country.

Yes, it is her patriotism. There is nobody more conservative than Liz Cheney and she loves democracy more than personal political or monetary gain.....but she spoke against Trump. The day will come, I am convinced of it, when Trump's attempts to thwart democracy will become evident to all.....well all except those most consumed by conspiracy theories and media manipulation...unfortunately a sizeable number.

I knew a German women in the late 70s who still believed in Hitler and his Nazi movement.

Trumptards will belive to their graves. It is religion to them. Facts are meaningless.

Does not matter what Cheney says now, the sad truth is she is more conservative and consistent than most "conservatives." The only reason they dismiss her today is she did not take a knee beside them to kiss Trump's ass.

I hear you......however, his career has shown him to be anything other than weak. I'm sticking with him for now. I think he is looking for iron clad and I think he is right to do that......an indictment of Trump will rock the country.

I was against prosecuting Trump until a few months ago as it wreaks of 3rd world.
Finally I realized that not imprisoning Trump wreaks worse of 3rd world.

I was against prosecuting Trump until a few months ago as it wreaks of 3rd world.
Finally I realized that not imprisoning Trump wreaks worse for 3rd world.
When we see texts like that from Don Jr and emails like those from Eastman it becomes apparent what their intent was. Then comes all that is January 6th. There has never been such a threat to American democracy yet Fox et al deflect to NATO membership and trans athletes. However, it works......the base is so easily controlled it is like shooting fish in a barrel for the likes of Tucker, Trump, DeSantis and others. My heavens when will it dawn on them?

Trump must be prosecuted but it MUST be successful and defensible.

Back
Top Bottom