• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Cheney says it is 'it is absolutely clear that what President Trump was doing ... was unlawful'

Who called her crazy ?

She's a moron.
i know, right?

"They may be on opposite poles among House Republicans in their attitudes toward former President Donald Trump, but Rep. Liz Cheney got an unexpected compliment from firebrand freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene on her conservative voting record.

“Let me remind everyone, while Democrats are being fooled by Liz Cheney right now, they should remember that she is not a Democrat,” the Georgia Republican said Thursday on Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast about her House colleague from Wyoming. “As a matter of fact, she has a very conservative voting record. More conservative than some of my Republican colleagues, by the way.”

Unlike so many other Republican politicians she values integrity, democracy and true conservative values more than personal political gain.
She's still running. They may not appreciate her in Wyoming, but I have a feeling down the road she will play a large part in Republican politics.

Trump is a criminal and a despicable excuse (and I use the term loosely) of a human being

Unfortunately, should the republicans win back congress in November, all will be forgotten.

*Trump chases down nuns in the street with a chainsaw, cutting off their head nuns one by one, laughing the whole time…on live camera*

The national dialogue: “But how do we know there’s mens rea? Did he know that beheading nuns was illegal?”

I had though this. I no longer do. I think Garland is just weak.
In our political climate a conviction on this is not a foregone conclusion

Come on. Don't you have to be a totally corrupt republican or just a massive liar to NOT know that by now??

"Rep. Liz Cheney said Sunday that the House select committee investigating the January 6th insurrection has "not made a decision" on criminal referrals to the Department of Justice, but added it is "absolutely clear that what President Trump was dealing with when a number of people around him were doing that they knew it was unlawful. They did it anyway."

"I think what we have seen is a massive and well-organized and well-planned effort that used multiple tools to try to overturn an election," the Wyoming Republican told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"The committee is working in a really collaborative way to discuss these issues as we are with all of the issues we're addressing and we'll continue to work together to do so," she said. "I wouldn't characterize there being a dispute on the committee. I think it is the single most collaborative committee on which I've ever served."

I’m still waiting to see what’s going to happen here in Georgia. When Trump calls the Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and tells him to find 11,780 votes. That in my opinion is election interference.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/07/politics/fani-willis-donald-trump-election-investigation/index.html

I haven’t paid any attention to the 1-6 committee nor to Trump’s financial dealings in New York State. I have this, because this is home.

I’m still waiting to see what’s going to happen here in Georgia. When Trump calls the Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and tells him to find 11,780 votes. That in my opinion is election interference.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/07/politics/fani-willis-donald-trump-election-investigation/index.html

I haven’t paid any attention to the 1-6 committee nor to Trump’s financial dealings in New York State. I have this, because this is home.
I really appreciate your analysis. It is so broad based and straight forward. GA is one on the States I am keenly interested in. What is your current thought on the Senate and Gubernatorial races?

I really appreciate your analysis. It is so broad based and straight forward. GA is one on the States I am keenly interested in. What is your current thought on the Senate and Gubernatorial races?
Senate, most likely Walker, the former UGA football star and NFL player against Warnock. It’s tight, here is the latest polls on the GA senate race. I’d call GA senate race a pure tossup at this point. Republicans are counting on Walker’s fame in leading UGA to a national championship will enable him to attract independents. But it all depends on how the general election campaign goes. There’s some doubt Walker can hold up to the riggers of a general election campaign.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/senate/Georgia.html

Governor, either Kemp or Perdue vs. Abrams. Surprisingly, Kemp is still ahead of Perdue in for the GOP primary in May. Trump endorsed Perdue, but Kemp has been a fairly popular governor, especially with independents. Here’s the polls.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/governor/Georgia.html

In the matchup of Kemp vs. Abrams, he’s doing better than Perdue vs. Abrams. I think that’s mainly because independents down here don’t like Trump much. Perdue is a Trump man. It wouldn’t surprise me if independents go to Kemp in a Kemp vs. Abrams, but to Abrams if it’s Perdue vs. Abrams. It’s still very early.

I’d say keep an eye on how much a gallon of gas costs come November along with food and housing prices. If the GOP can tie both Abrams and Warnock to rising prices and empty shelves in some stores and to Biden’s policies, the Republicans will be successful. Biden’s approval rating down here is at 34%. There’s still a long way to go, who knows what unforeseen events will happen between now and then.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...l-rating-drops-to-34-percent-in-georgia-poll/

As an aside, there are quite a few Republicans down here who blame Trump for both senate runoff loses in Jan 2021.

Come on. Don't you have to be a totally corrupt republican or just a massive liar to NOT know that by now??

"Rep. Liz Cheney said Sunday that the House select committee investigating the January 6th insurrection has "not made a decision" on criminal referrals to the Department of Justice, but added it is "absolutely clear that what President Trump was dealing with when a number of people around him were doing that they knew it was unlawful. They did it anyway."

"I think what we have seen is a massive and well-organized and well-planned effort that used multiple tools to try to overturn an election," the Wyoming Republican told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"The committee is working in a really collaborative way to discuss these issues as we are with all of the issues we're addressing and we'll continue to work together to do so," she said. "I wouldn't characterize there being a dispute on the committee. I think it is the single most collaborative committee on which I've ever served."

CNN is not a reputable source.

Back
Top Bottom