• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rep. Alan Grayson: Syria Intelligence Manipulated

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla., who is aggressively lobbying against a military strike on Syria, says the Obama administration has manipulated intelligence to push its case for U.S. involvement in the country's two-year civil war.

Grayson made the accusation in an interview published Wednesday by The Atlantic and offered more detail in a Thursday discussion with U.S. News. He says members of Congress are being given intelligence briefings without any evidence to support administration claims that Syrian leader Bashar Assad ordered the use of chemical weapons.

Grayson said he cannot discuss the classified briefings, but noted details in the administration's public, non-classified report are being contested.

Rep. Alan Grayson: Syria Intelligence Manipulated - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

They lied about Benghazi... so this should come as a no surprise.

Alan Grayson????

I wouldn't use him as an example of anything other than a poster child for the need for mental health care.

Even if he may be correct here.

Alan Grayson????

I wouldn't use him as an example of anything other than a poster child for the need for mental health care.

The White House and media will make this a partisan and alliance loyalty test, rather than any actual reality or issues.

Really? Who would benefit from manipulating information that would back Obama into a corner?

Oh wait! It's that cabal of Islamists in the White House that want to re-establish a Caliphate in the Middle East, right?

The White House and media will make this a partisan and alliance loyalty test, rather than any actual reality or issues.

I spent the entire evening watching the news (which I normally don't do), and the longer this goes, the more comes out. And it doesn't look good for the President or his supporters like McCain.

This is turning out to look like a false flag by both the rebels (who look more and more like the ones that launched the chemical weapons) and the President and his supporters (who look more like attacking more because of Iran than Syria).

Like I said, the more time goes by, the worse this is for the President's story.

I spent the entire evening watching the news (which I normally don't do), and the longer this goes, the more comes out. And it doesn't look good for the President or his supporters like McCain.

This is turning out to look like a false flag by both the rebels (who look more and more like the ones that launched the chemical weapons) and the President and his supporters (who look more like attacking more because of Iran than Syria).

Like I said, the more time goes by, the worse this is for the President's story.

Obama is a pathetic joke

Syria = none of our business. These bloodthirsty warmongers still playing defense for Obozo need to be shamed into silence.

We don't want your filthy unjust war Obama supporters. Get that through your heads.

It would seem that in loyalty to Obama, the 2 political parties again go past each other. Democrats are now the warhawks demanding the USA be the world's policeman by going to war with another country no basis in our own national security. Since there are endless little countries totally defenseless against our military, there are endless wars against evil governments to make money off out.

He joins a growing number of voices that see how this is playing out, and he's/they are correct. But please, the partisan tone makes me throw up in my mouth. The Bush administration "fixed the intelligence around the policy". It's time to hold leadership accountable regardless of their party.

If the answer is Alan Grayson, it's a strange question. I think this is the first thing he's said that I agree with however.

Alan Grayson????

Beau, really no politicians could/should be held up as poster children for anything, they all need to be watched like a hawk. Find a politician that hasn't lied or been wrong. Politics is one of the dirtiest occupations on the planet, everyone knows that. That said, he's right on this. And theirs a growing number of voices joining in, too. And with any luck, this jaunt the White House wishes to take us on will be abandoned.

He joins a growing number of voices that see how this is playing out, and he's/they are correct. But please, the partisan tone makes me throw up in my mouth. The Bush administration "fixed the intelligence around the policy". It's time to hold leadership accountable regardless of their party.

But bush....

But obama...

Everyone forgets that it's the same lobbyists paying off both parties...

Edit: of course the intelligence is manipulated. My big concern is that there will be some false flag in America that will be used as justification.

Is anyone else disgusted by these "people" like Kerry who then put it on people not wanting war and claiming any further death is on their heads. (much like gun owners not giving up their guns are responsible for tragedies perpetrated by psychos shooting up places like sandy hook et al.)

But bush....

But obama...

Everyone forgets that it's the same lobbyists paying off both parties...

Edit: of course the intelligence is manipulated. My big concern is that there will be some false flag in America that will be used as justification.

Is anyone else disgusted by these "people" like Kerry who then put it on people not wanting war and claiming any further death is on their heads. (much like gun owners not giving up their guns are responsible for tragedies perpetrated by psychos shooting up places like sandy hook et al.)

I'm totally disgusted by them and voice it here regularly.

Beau, really no politicians could/should be held up as poster children for anything, they all need to be watched like a hawk. Find a politician that hasn't lied or been wrong. Politics is one of the dirtiest occupations on the planet, everyone knows that. That said, he's right on this. And theirs a growing number of voices joining in, too.
Totally agree.
And with any luck, this jaunt the White House wishes to take us on will be abandoned.
I just got back in from working, and turned on CNN. They are discussing how a member of the Administration, within an hour or so ago (17:30 Eastern), spoke out of church and hinted if not plainly stated that regardless of the Congressional vote, Obama is going forward.

Alan Grayson is not credible, period. If he has no evidence, it's just more outrageous hot air from a douchebag.

Totally agree.
I just got back in from working, and turned on CNN. They are discussing how a member of the Administration, within an hour or so ago (17:30 Eastern), spoke out of church and hinted if not plainly stated that regardless of the Congressional vote, Obama is going forward.

Why not?? Obama thinks himself a dictator for at least the next few years...

How much will Americans put up with before impeachment proceedings begin?

Why not?? Obama thinks himself a dictator for at least the next few years...
Sure seems that way at times.

How much will Americans put up with before impeachment proceedings begin?
I would guess, that if the Congress votes against military action, and the President goes forward ANYWAY... Right after that is when it will begin. And I fell confident that many Democrats, like Alan Grayson, would vote in favor of impeachment.

I truly hope it doesn't get to that point. The country doesn't need to go either of those; an attack on Syria, or Impeachment proceedings.

Totally agree.
If Obama attacks without Congressional approval at this point, a Constitution crisis of the likes we have never seen will ensue. Screw Syria. We should be, should've already been, focused on Iran. Cut the head off the snake.

If Obama attacks without Congressional approval at this point, a Constitution crisis of the likes we have never seen will ensue. Screw Syria. We should be, should've already been, focused on Iran. Cut the head off the snake.

Attacking Syria, is all about Iran, not Syria or chemical weapons or anything else. That's why McCain and others are supporting Obama on this.

Totally agree.

Wow, I'm not real surprised. That seems to be what he was hinting at when speaking from the G-20. I'm also hearing that the republican leadership in the house won't even vote if its real clear it won't pass because they don't want to embarrass the president. And then finally, did you see the other thread up that op's an article explaining that what the senate committee passed yesterday gives the office of the presidency even more imperialistic power?

Wow, I'm not real surprised. That seems to be what he was hinting at when speaking from the G-20. I'm also hearing that the republican leadership in the house won't even vote if its real clear it won't pass because they don't want to embarrass the president. And then finally, did you see the other thread up that op's an article explaining that what the senate committee passed yesterday gives the office of the presidency even more imperialistic power?
I did. Not surprised, but pissed all the same.

Yellowcake. Bush and Cheney showed the way when it comes to manipulating intelligence data. But it's funny to watch you project

Yellowcake. Bush and Cheney showed the way when it comes to manipulating intelligence data. But it's funny to watch you project

You're right head about the yellow cake, which goes to show that since their feet weren't burned we see a continuation. Two wrongs don't equal a right.

Attacking Syria, is all about Iran, not Syria or chemical weapons or anything else. That's why McCain and others are supporting Obama on this.
I know. I wish they'd be just a little honest about it. The announced target aren't the targets at all, I hope. I don't think, I hope again, hitting Syria is all about chemical weapons.

You're right head about the yellow cake, which goes to show that since their feet weren't burned we see a continuation. Two wrongs don't equal a right.

Yellowcake takes the cake. Obama has done nothing that even approaches the Bush-Cheney disinformation machine.

I don't know what data he has. I assume it's somewhat ambiguous and unclear. So the man has to make a choice.

What I find odd (among many things in this affair) is that Assad didn't take credit for the sarin attack. If he had actually done it, you would think he would want the opposition to know he did it, rather than deny it. It's not like the attack itself resulted in some kind of decisive victory -- Assad's army is quite capable of killing 1500 civilians with using chemical weapons. Dictators aren't the most rational people on earth, but still, that's one more disconcerting fact in a series of ambiguities.

I'm glad I don't have to make this decision, and I'm glad a boob like Bush or Romney aren't going to make it.

Back
Top Bottom