• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Renting a car.

CLAX1911

Supreme knower of all
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
So a few months ago and I had to be in a different place and I had to rent a car because I wasn't able to drive mine. I don't like paying you $35 a day to rent a car in the airport I've always just gone to U-Haul and rented a pickup truck this is what I drive anyway I'm used to it.

So I was talking to a friend of mine that's taking a trip to another state and the next couple of days and he's really worried over money. I'm always cautious about who I suggest to rent a U-Haul to because some people have some very emotional response to that. He had to run the truck he's just a really tall guy so he can't really ride and an average car. So I asked him doesn't care what the car looks like and he said no and I told him to call you they wouldn't pick up trucks and since most places charge a tourist tax on rental cars but not rental moving equipment you get to avoid probably half the cost. He drives and pickup truck too.

And totally I was rather smart for coming up with that I didn't think so I just drive by a U-Haul center and see the trucks out there like 17 dollars a day. And I think why in the hell with anybody rent from Avis and get a tiny little car for $30 a day.

What do you think about could you drive the U-Haul vehicle around?

Me I'm so uncouth I'm not above valet parking it.

Most of the U-Hauls charge a mileage fee on top of that $17 or $ 19 a day. While most car/pickup rentals you have unlimited mileage. At least in my locale.

Most of the U-Hauls charge a mileage fee on top of that $17 or $ 19 a day. While most car/pickup rentals you have unlimited mileage. At least in my locale.
That's true but I've never used more of the allotted mileage I suppose if you're going to drive a long distance then you should probably keep that in mind.

I was just saying I did it when I went to a place and traveled around there locally.

That's true but I've never used more of the allotted mileage I suppose if you're going to drive a long distance then you should probably keep that in mind.

I was just saying I did it when I went to a place and traveled around there locally.
I think that is where U-Haul usually wins as most people renting a U-Haul are going to be putting some miles on that rig.

So for short distances U-Haul would be the way to go and for longer distance your typical Enterprise would be the way.

BTW, why is it everytime I rent a car or U-Haul the first thing I have to do is clean the windshield? What happened to providing a clean car or pickup? Laziness I guess.

I think that is where U-Haul usually wins as most people renting a U-Haul are going to be putting some miles on that rig.

So for short distances U-Haul would be the way to go and for longer distance your typical Enterprise would be the way.

BTW, why is it everytime I rent a car or U-Haul the first thing I have to do is clean the windshield? What happened to providing a clean car or pickup? Laziness I guess.
Well with U-Haul I figured that they think you're going to stank it up sweating and moving so they'll clean your stank out of there after you bring it back.

I figured it's a liability thing. Someone got in a wreck and then they were sued and so every time they say wash the windshield.

Sounds like a good idea to save a few bucks as long as you don't mind that you will be driving a truck.

Back
Top Bottom