• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Removing html from copied text

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Problem is when I copy and past from a website into DP, the new forum preserves the HTML. Sometimes this HTML, the non-text part, is huge and I get an error that says post is too big.

How to remove the HTML?

HTML includes links, tables, etc.

The only way I know is to paste it into notepad first and then copy and paste it from there, but for some reason, DP still saves the HTML from the original post.

/

Can you give an example website?

Detailed Report​

Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

History

Launched in 2009, ZeroHedge or Zero Hedge is a finance blog founded by Colin Lokey, also known as “Tyler Durden,” Daniel Ivandjiiski, and Tim Backshall. According to a Bloomberg Interview, the ZeroHedge founders/authors were anonymous until 2016. A Professional Service Subscription is required to read the rest of Bloomberg’s interview; however, a New Yorker article also covered their history.

ZeroHedge wrote a rebuttal article regarding the Bloomberg interview that can be found here. A quote reads: “Zero Hedge hired Colin after he approached us over a year ago begging for a job after being fired with cause from Seeking Alpha, following a fight with a co-worker.”

Read our profile on Bulgaria’s government and media.

Funded by / Ownership

The website is registered in Bulgaria under the name Georgi Georgiev, a business partner of Krassimir Ivandjiiski.

According to Rationalwiki, the only writer “conclusively” identified is “Dan Ivandjiiski, who conducts public interviews on behalf of Zero Hedge.” The blog generates revenue from online advertising.

This posted because there wasn't enough HTML to count as going over the limit, but you can see if there were more html urls, it would've exceeded the limit.

Detailed Report​

History​

Launched in 2009, ZeroHedge or Zero Hedge is a finance blog founded by Colin Lokey, also known as “Tyler Durden,” Daniel Ivandjiiski, and Tim Backshall. According to a Bloomberg Interview, the ZeroHedge founders/authors were anonymous until 2016. A Professional Service Subscription is required to read the rest of Bloomberg’s interview; however, a New Yorker article also covered their history.

ZeroHedge wrote a rebuttal article regarding the Bloomberg interview that can be found here. A quote reads: “Zero Hedge hired Colin after he approached us over a year ago begging for a job after being fired with cause from Seeking Alpha, following a fight with a co-worker.”

Funded by / Ownership​

The website is registered in Bulgaria under the name Georgi Georgiev, a business partner of Krassimir Ivandjiiski.

According to Rationalwiki, the only writer “conclusively” identified is “Dan Ivandjiiski, who conducts public interviews on behalf of Zero Hedge.” The blog generates revenue from online advertising.

This posted because there wasn't enough HTML to count as going over the limit, but you can see if there were more html urls, it would've exceeded the limit.

Copy in chunks under the limit, and you can remove the html formatting in the text editor.

Open the right tools submenu:
Screenshot_20210718-152439.png

Select the text to remove formatting from, and press the remove formatting button:
Screenshot_20210718-152534_1.png

In 1993 I was cutting edge IT. I feel so lost nowadays…..

Copy in chunks under the limit, and you can remove the html formatting in the text editor.

Open the right tools submenu:
View attachment 67343637

Select the text to remove formatting from, and press the remove formatting button:
View attachment 67343640

I could've sworn I tried that.

Maybe I was clicking on the icon then high lighting.

Seems to work now.

Thanks.

In 1993 I was cutting edge IT. I feel so lost nowadays…..

In 2004 I was a cutting edge builder and would go up against anyone with an A+ certificate.
Today I hire builders to construct my workstations because I've lost my edge, plus...my eyesight isn't good enough anymore to decipher the micro labels on the motherboards anymore.

In 2004 I was a cutting edge builder and would go up against anyone with an A+ certificate.
Today I hire builders to construct my workstations because I've lost my edge, plus...my eyesight isn't good enough anymore to decipher the micro labels on the motherboards anymore.
Have you tried cheaters? I'm experimenting with them right now. 1.25 for close up. I have had really good vision for years, but i now need glasses to drive and to type on a tablet.

Problem is when I copy and past from a website into DP, the new forum preserves the HTML. Sometimes this HTML, the non-text part, is huge and I get an error that says post is too big.

How to remove the HTML?

HTML includes links, tables, etc.

The only way I know is to paste it into notepad first and then copy and paste it from there, but for some reason, DP still saves the HTML from the original post.

/

There's a handy utility out there called PureText I swore by when I did a lot of technical writing.

You copy your html text, double click the PureText icon in your tray, and then paste just the raw text whereever.

Another cheap way...copy and paste to Notepad, then copy from Notepad and paste here. Zero formatting.

(If you are using Windows!)

Have you tried cheaters? I'm experimenting with them right now. 1.25 for close up. I have had really good vision for years, but i now need glasses to drive and to type on a tablet.
I feel your pain. Two years ago I started to need cheaters, same power as yours. However, my distance vision remains better than 20/20.

Detailed Report​

History

Funded by / Ownership

You could take this as a hint to not post this waste of space in every thread where you don't like the source cited by the OP. Instead, if you take issue with the veracity of the source, cite another source that contradicts the OP's.

Problem solved.

There's actually a computer shortcut for pasting without formatting. I believe it's Ctrl+Shift+V on windows and Command+Option+Shift+V or Command+Shift+V on mac.

Back
Top Bottom