• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Removal of flag honoring veterans from White House sparks anger

I guess no one was seeing it at the top of the WH either ... because no one was complaining for the last 3 or 4 months that it wasn't there. :lol:

But to sooth your frayed nerves ...

"President Trump dedicated a POW/MIA memorial site earlier this year on the White House grounds to forever remember our heroic service members who were prisoners of war or missing in action," White House spokesman Judd Deere said. "The President selected a site on the Southwest corner of the South Lawn for this prominent and sacred memorial, which is visible to all those who visit the White House, that features the POW/MIA flag," he added. ...

For its part, the American legion said it was pleased that the flag "flies 24/7 at its own POW/MIA Memorial on White House grounds."

Removal of POW/MIA flag from White House sparks anger - Task & Purpose

Most people aren't going to the South Lawn, they are walking past the front. So, no, it's not prominent/visible.

Most people aren't going to the South Lawn, they are walking past the front. So, no, it's not prominent/visible.

I grew up in DC and haven’t been back in many years; just how close can one get to the White House?

I grew up in DC and haven’t been back in many years; just how close can one get to the White House?

I don't know, but the last time I was there I walked along Penn ave, so did hundreds of other people.

But yeah, you're right. Penn is closed now isn't it?

You lot are so transparently hilarious. :lol:

You're right. I'm not objective.

I want to see this piece of crap voted out.

Trump is responsible for the following:

1. forcing immigrant women to undergo hysterectomies.
  2. kidnapping children from their parents at the border.
  3. refusing to confront Putin for paying bounties to the Taliban to kill American soldiers.
  4. knowing the dangers of Covid-19 and subsequently lying about it by playing down the dangers and also not doing enough to combat the pandemic, resulting in the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of American citizens.
  5. whisking protesters off the streets in unmarked cars by unidentified federal agents in order to intimidate and threaten Trump's political opponents.
  6. abusing the office of the President by coercing a foreign government into helping him win re-election in 2020.
  7. obstructing justice.
  8. supressing the votes of the supporters of Trump's political opponents.

Trump is not a good person and anyone who supports him is immoral.

There is nothing Trump is doing that is conservative. It's all evil and completely contradicts traditional American values and principles.

You're right. I'm not objective.
I want to see this piece of crap voted out.
Trump is responsible for the following:
  1. forcing immigrant women to undergo hysterectomies.
  2. kidnapping children from their parents at the border.
  3. refusing to confront Putin for paying bounties to the Taliban to kill American soldiers.
  4. knowing the dangers of Covid-19 and subsequently lying about it by playing down the dangers and also not doing enough to combat the pandemic, resulting in the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of American citizens.
  5. whisking protesters off the streets in unmarked cars by unidentified federal agents in order to intimidate and threaten Trump's political opponents.
  6. abusing the office of the President by coercing a foreign government into helping him win re-election in 2020.
  7. obstructing justice.
  8. supressing the votes of the supporters of Trump's political opponents.
Trump is not a good person and anyone who supports him is immoral.
There is nothing Trump is doing that is conservative. It's all evil and completely contradicts traditional American values and principles.

In short ... nobody noticed the POW/MIA flag was missing from the top of the WH for months until it became relevant to mention it as the "marines are losers and suckers" hoax is not getting any traction ...

:lamo

While the South Lawn may not be as visible as the flagpole on the roof, it's still an important location.

I have searched, but haven't found a picture of the pow/mia memorial. Seems like it would be important to see where it's displayed now before complaining about it. This is also noteworthy in that the memorial should be more important than simply displaying the flag, and no one is particularly worried about it.

Does anyone have a picture of the memorial? Where it's located?

While the South Lawn may not be as visible as the flagpole on the roof, it's still an important location.

I have searched, but haven't found a picture of the pow/mia memorial. Seems like it would be important to see where it's displayed now before complaining about it. This is also noteworthy in that the memorial should be more important than simply displaying the flag, and no one is particularly worried about it.

Does anyone have a picture of the memorial? Where it's located?

It's tucked behind a bunch of trees:

In short ... nobody noticed the POW/MIA flag was missing from the top of the WH for months until it became relevant to mention it as the "marines are losers and suckers" hoax is not getting any traction ...

:lamo

HAHAH Yeah I know it's so funny. Forcibly sterilizing women against their knowledge and against their will. HAHAHA HAHA I can't stop laughing.

WHAT A RIOT HAHAHAHAHA
AAHAHAHAHA

MAGA

TRUMP 2020

HAHAHAHA

Disparaging troops and treating them like crap is so funny. HJAHAHAHAHAHAHA

STUPID TROOPS

MAGA 2020

WHAT SUCKERS AND LOSERS HAHAHAHAHA

Especially the ones that got CAUGHT!!! Like dummy mccain!! HAHAHA
HE was so stupid fo being shot down!!!

HAHAHA

I like people whoa ren't captured

HAHAHA

MAGA 2020

you're fired ! HAHAHAH

you're fired HAHAHAHA!

MAGA 2020

HAHAH Yeah I know it's so funny. Forcibly sterilizing women against their knowledge and against their will. HAHAHA HAHA I can't stop laughing.

WHAT A RIOT HAHAHAHAHA
AAHAHAHAHA

MAGA

TRUMP 2020

HAHAHAHA

Disparaging troops and treating them like crap is so funny. HJAHAHAHAHAHAHA

STUPID TROOPS

MAGA 2020

WHAT SUCKERS AND LOSERS HAHAHAHAHA

Especially the ones that got CAUGHT!!! Like dummy mccain!! HAHAHA
HE was so stupid fo being shot down!!!

HAHAHA

I like people whoa ren't captured

HAHAHA

MAGA 2020

you're fired ! HAHAHAH

you're fired HAHAHAHA!

MAGA 2020

I think that is called having a mayor meltdown ... :lamo

It's tucked behind a bunch of trees:

Really? It's on a big flagpole (taller than the trees) at it's own memorial on the White House grounds, and that's not prominent?

Back
Top Bottom