• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Removal of flag honoring veterans from White House sparks anger

I don't get it...Trump signed a bi-partisan bill into law that requires the POW flag to be displayed on top of the WH whenever the US flag is displayed. So is he breaking a law that he signed less than a year ago?

"...Law now requires the POW/MIA flag to be displayed whenever the American flag is displayed on prominent federal properties, including the White House, U.S. Capitol, World War II Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, every national cemetery, the buildings containing the official offices of the Secretaries of State, Defense, and Veterans Affairs, office of the Director of the Selective Service System, each major military installation, each Department of Veterans Affairs medical center, and each U.S. Postal Service post office.

The National POW/MIA Flag Act was initially introduced by U.S. Rep. and Marine Corps Lt. Gen. (ret.) Jack Bergman and U.S. Rep. Chris Pappas March 7, 2019. The bipartisan bill received endorsement from the VFW, the National League of POW/MIA Families, and other veterans service organizations..."

VFW Witnesses Landmark Presidential Signing of the POW MIA Flag Act - VFW

Makes it sound like this story is bull****, huh?...lol

Makes it sound like this story is bull****, huh?...lol

Tis minor compared to half the bull**** y'all pull on a daily basis.

The last President left us with grounded jets and broken ships while the crews were receiving transgender bathroom training.

That's pretty disrespectful.

What's your feeling about Trump removing the POW/MIA flag? You like the idea? Trump did the right thing?

Stop your lying about Obama's neglect for the Navy.

60% of fighter jets grounded.

Ships couldn't go to sea because they couldn't buy fuel.

Please stop the lies.

I'm sure you have a very reliable source for these allegations. Because you would never make **** up. Please share it with us so we can be as informed as you.

Good. Maybe it will get people to actually recognize the complexity of situations.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Complexity? There is nothing complex about Obama's disdain for the military. He decimated the officer corps, and then got his toadies in place. We are waiting for them to retire.

Are we moving to how the House has failed in funding to protect our borders now? There is nothing wrong with diverting to a higher priority. Trump's in charge. If you have a problem, dump Nancy.

Uneducated, and unskilled workers trying to find a job in the U.S. is not a national emergency that deserves diversion of funds in the way you describe.

The only people that say this are racists who don't like Latin Americans.

The wall is not more important than the wellbeing of our troops, and Trump does not have the authority to divert funds like this. That's a violation of the Constitution.

So, in one post, you let everyone know you are a fake conservative in that you a) you have ZERO respect and appreciation for the Constitution, and b) you don't care one bit about the troops, and c) you are a racist.

That's Trumpism in a nutshell.

Trump supporters and conservatives are fakers and hypocrites who hate the Latin Americans more than they love our troops and more than they love the Constitution.

Why would anyone be surprised as progressive Democrats tripping over themselves, OUTRAGED that the President establishes a special memorial for POWs and missing American service members?

"“President Trump dedicated a POW/MIA memorial site earlier this year on the White House grounds to forever remember our heroic service members who were prisoners of war or missing in action,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said. “The President selected a site on the Southwest corner of the South Lawn for this prominent and sacred memorial, which is visible to all those who visit the White House, that features the POW/MIA flag,” he added."

Hopefully, he signed an order that anyone who urinates on the site goes to federal prison and probably should have permanent guards posted there to protect the site from Democratic radicals and anarchists. Of course many Democrats HATE a memorial to lost American military personnel at the White House.

What's your feeling about Trump removing the POW/MIA flag? You like the idea? Trump did the right thing?

Of course your message is a lie.

Go ahead and list all your reasons you HATE a memorial for POWs and MIA American military personnel.

Uneducated, and unskilled workers trying to find a job in the U.S. is not a national emergency that deserves diversion of funds in the way you describe.

The only people that say this are racists who don't like Latin Americans.

The wall is not more important than the wellbeing of our troops, and Trump does not have the authority to divert funds like this. That's a violation of the Constitution.

So, in one post, you let everyone know you are a fake conservative in that you a) you have ZERO respect and appreciation for the Constitution, and b) you don't care one bit about the troops, and c) you are a racist.

That's Trumpism in a nutshell.

Trump supporters and conservatives are fakers and hypocrites who hate the Latin Americans more than they love our troops and more than they love the Constitution.

Uneducated, unskilled workers breaking our immigration laws are what you mean to say, you just have such hatred for America you can't accept your failure. The only people who think that is racist are too ignorant to know what racism is.

You really should stop projecting your feelings in public, particularly when it lays bare your racism.

Trump hates people who have genuinely achieved more in life than collecting money, and debt. It's a clear case of projecting his own insecurity over his lack of achievement by attacking, tacitly or otherwise, those actually deserving of being remembered. He's a sad, vindictive, insecure and worthless little man.

I wonder was the flag out in an area where he had to look at it everyday and if it was I wonder if he had it moved because it bothered him that there may be people still POW / MIA and he got out of the draft because he said he had heel spurs
I don't really think so but we will never know
Trump doesn't feel anything for anybody except himself and his pocket book
Have a nice evening

Complexity? There is nothing complex about Obama's disdain for the military. He decimated the officer corps, and then got his toadies in place. We are waiting for them to retire.
Again, that is bull. The officers have been pretty much the same since I joined, just new names and faces.

Are we moving to how the House has failed in funding to protect our borders now? There is nothing wrong with diverting to a higher priority. Trump's in charge. If you have a problem, dump Nancy.
A useless wall is more important than a school or morale programs for military personnel and their children? I dont think so, and neither do most Americans.

Uneducated, unskilled workers breaking our immigration laws are what you mean to say, you just have such hatred for America you can't accept your failure. The only people who think that is racist are too ignorant to know what racism is.

You really should stop projecting your feelings in public, particularly when it lays bare your racism.
People breaking our laws is not a national emergency.

Let's be honest, Trumps criticism was in return for McCains comments about Trump. They really had little to do with McCains service as it did with the fact that the two men had an intense dislike for one another. In addition if I recall there were actually some accusations made about McCain's time while he was a prisoner of war and those accusations did not come from Trump.
This is the basis of Trumps dislike I imagine, but either way it was a personal dislike that both shared. Really had nothing to do with the military record, Trump was simply trading insults.
Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain - Wikipedia

The last President left us with grounded jets and broken ships while the crews were receiving transgender bathroom training.

That's pretty disrespectful.

No doubt you support a strong budget for the Military??

Let's be honest, Trumps criticism was in return for McCains comments about Trump. They really had little to do with McCains service as it did with the fact that the two men had an intense dislike for one another. In addition if I recall there were actually some accusations made about McCain's time while he was a prisoner of war and those accusations did not come from Trump.
This is the basis of Trumps dislike I imagine, but either way it was a personal dislike that both shared. Really had nothing to do with the military record, Trump was simply trading insults.
Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain - Wikipedia

I don't really have anything to say to people who **** on McCain and elevate and defend Trump.

McCain was a real man and a real leader. McCain is the type of person we've all been taught to emulate.

Trump is a psychopath.

I don't recognize any of you. This isn't how I was brought up, and how Trump supporters can continue to defend Trump given what we all know about Trump now is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom