• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Removal at 55% Now

Yeah, how's that Hillary "Lock her up!" plan working out for ya? I would suggest of all of Trump's failures, that has got to be the most annoying one of all. Trump didn't even try. Wouldn't you agree?

i must have missed it

when was Hillary president?

55% for removal seems like an outlier. RCP puts the average polling at 47.0% for yes/removal, vs 48.1% for no.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Trump Impeachment and Removal From Office: Support/Oppose

Lets just face the facts now. Some polls show for removal and some don't. The bottom line is that roughly 1/2 the country wants him removed! That's bad for any president. DJT is not ahead in any polls by any landslides. I believe in what the speaker is doing. She's just buying time for more negative news to surface on Trump. And it actually is every day.

Biden is still leading Trump in all national polls. Imagine how far ahead he would be if it weren't for all this Ukraine crap. He'd be killing him.

Last edited:
There's been a lot of nonsense posted about the Constitution, the impeachment process it contains and the beliefs of those who drafted the constitution. We do know, from the Federalist Papers, that there was concern about factions. That these factions would develop into two political parties fighting for permanent control of the government was not uppermost in their minds. That, however, is where we are today. Agreed-upon barriers, some centuries old, to the full expansion of the powers of each branch of government as defined by the constitution have begun to fall. The pace appears to be increasing.

A current example of a barrier being dismantled can be seen in the trivializing of the impeachment process.

And so it goes.

It begs the question: why are the Democrats so afraid to let the ballot box decide?

Afraid? Hillary got 3 million more votes than the Trumper did

Also, the dims know he wont be indicted by the senate(Hello)

Last edited:
some of us have the answer!

they know they are up against a very popular president who has actually DONE things to make the country better

whereas the Ds

what have they done?

well, they tried to impeach the president! Wow... that's a very beneficial thing, long-term-wise... sure to boost the economy into the stratosphere... I am sure the Dow will hit 29,000 soon (actually the Dow went up in the middle of impeachment hearings.. amazing..)

the Left probably believe impeachment is a beneficial thing, though--politically

the Left only care about politics

(only passed USMCA because they didn't want to APPEAR to be overly-political)... roll eyes..

"Very popular" with who, exactly? A 40% term average approval rating doesn't actually reflect what you assert.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Donald Trump

So, what has Trump actually achieved? Let's see; he promised miners that new mines were opening and bellowed "you're going back to work!" while their livelihoods were closing. He shafted farmers with his dumb trade tariffs causing an upshift in farm bankruptcies of 24% in a single year. He has insulted, demeaned America's long standing allies, destroying trust. He has stolen funds from his own 'charity' foundation and got caught. He defrauded hundreds with his fake 'university' scam-and got caught. He has failed to stop North Korea testing ICBM technology.
He failed to get Mexico to pay for his vanity wall; he has failed to repeal and replace ACA ("from day one" he said), and the promised 10% tax cut for the 'middle classes' never materialised.

So much winning to celebrate; so much failure to contemplate.

He inherited a growing economy from Obama for which he takes credit. That's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Hmm...it's gonna be hard for Mitch to Kangaroo this,

Public support for Trump conviction at all-time high, poll finds

Very possible in a single poll. Now as RCP does, they average all the recent polls to prevent a skewed poll from taking precedence over all the rest. As you can see, they range from 44-51% for removal, 42-51% against.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Trump Impeachment and Removal From Office: Support/Oppose

RCP only includes polls that provide the margin of error in the poll, along with the demographics of who was polled along with the sample size. I personally think RCP averaging and letting those who are interested in polls presents a more accurate picture. Then from 538 which also include numerous polls, not just one, you have this break down via party for removal.

Do Americans Support Impeaching Trump? | FiveThirtyEight

If you want to compare the numbers via political party when the official hearing began through 27 Dec, you have this thanks to RCP.

13 Nov Democrats for impeachment and removal 84%, 27 Dec Democrats for impeachment and removal 83%.
13 Nov Republicans for impeachment and removal 12%, 27 Dec Republicans for impeachment and removal 9%.
13 Nov Independents for impeachment and removal 38%, 27 Dec Independents for impeachment and removal 42%.
13 Nov Democrats against impeachment and removal 6%, 27 Dec Democrats against impeachment and removal 11%.
13 Nov Republicans against impeachment and removal 80%, 27 Dec Republicans against impeachment and removal 88%.
13 Nov Independents against impeachment and removal 39%, 27 Dec Independents against impeachment and removal 48%.

Let each draw their own conclusions. Let the numbers speak, not some political pundit or writer.

Last edited:
Don't be so sure of that. This is going to get worse for Trump over the next couple of months. Even cowardly Republican Senators have a breaking point.

And Pelosi is putting them in enhanced stress positions. She's good at that.

It begs the question: why are the Democrats so afraid to let the ballot box decide?

Actually, they think they are by keeping impeachment front and center in the friendly media, in the hopes they will drive down Trumps numbers. They know if it goes to the Senate, it’s over and they have to come up with something else. This could not have gotten this far in the first place without a corrupt media stoking the imagination of gullible TDS’ers thinking like Sharon Stone:

The peeing on the mattress has not been verified, I’ll give you that. But knowing Trump, it’s easy to imagine how that would be true.

— Sharon Stone (@catwoman1351) December 26, 2019

When WaPo Slams Rachel Maddow for Lying to Her Audience

Sadly, this is a metaphor for the thinking of TDS’ers who have lost all rational levels of critical thinking, and are too invested in a phony story to take the grim walk back into reality.

You saw who I was quoting didn't you? And no not me personally, the senate ought to do that.

It looks a lot like you're calling for assassination of the president.

Who's president, now?

No they have not. They have said that executive privilege is not limitless. Republicans and the courts have tended to agree, until Trump was elected. Now republicans are all for executive privilege.

You can kiss executive priviledge goodbye. Good luck defending a Democrat president.

You can kiss executive priviledge goodbye. Good luck defending a Democrat president.

Well, no. Executive privileged is well recognized by the courts. It is not nearly as limitless as Trump has tried to make it, but it does, and will continue, to exist. Mindless hysteria is stupid.

You should bitch to the founding fathers about how much you hate their constitution.

Yoi should actually read The Constitution. There's nothing in there giving Congress unlimited power.

If you were a naturalized US citizen rather than born here, you would know that the USA is a federal republic, and not a democracy. The idea of a true democracy is a non - starter for the continuance of freedom.

The United States of America is governed as a federal republic, and therefore some argue that the U.S. is not a democracy. A republic is defined as a political system in which the supreme power is vested upon the citizenry that is entitled to vote for its representatives and officers responsible to them, while a democracy is defined as a government of the people and by the people exercised through elected or direct representative. It can be difficult to distinguish between a democracy and a republic, and therefore it would be rational to conclude that the United States is both a democracy and a republic.

Lets just face the facts now. Some polls show for removal and some don't. The bottom line is that roughly 1/2 the country wants him removed! That's bad for any president. DJT is not ahead in any polls by any landslides. I believe in what the speaker is doing. She's just buying time for more negative news to surface on Trump. And it actually is every day.

Biden is still leading Trump in all national polls. Imagine how far ahead he would be if it weren't for all this Ukraine crap. He'd be killing him.

I agree with you. It's not good and I've said before that if Trump is not reelected in 2020 he will have only himself to blame.

But if 2016 taught anything, it's that national polls aren't a good indicator of electability. In the six battleground states that Trump won last time, he is leading Biden in all but one. And he leads all other candidates in all six.

I don't think anything new is going to come out of the Ukraine scandal. I think Pelosi just doesn't want to hand the narrative over to the GOP. She'd rather no Senate trial be held at all, than a trial and inevitable acquittal that gives Trump a political win. Of course a non-trial also counts as a win for Trump. Pelosi really has no good options.

Well, no. Executive privileged is well recognized by the courts. It is not nearly as limitless as Trump has tried to make it, but it does, and will continue, to exist. Mindless hysteria is stupid.

How has he tried to make it limitless?

Who has the authoritu to say what those limits are?

Woohooo! Greatest laughing stocks in the world! Keep the laughs coming, many more seasons of the Twumpy the Clown Show!

Hopefully the show will be renewed this fall for 4 more seasons and you can just keep laughing your ass off.

The mindless hysteria is 100% on the left. And it is your side that seems to believe in unlimited power--the unlimited power of congress to harass the executive.

If Trump is voted out by the Senate during the impeachment trial or if he resigns, then you have to open a new thread and admit that you were wrong. And I'll hold you to it.

If Trump survives an impeachment trial, then I'll do the same.

Thats fine, but I am curious as to why you think he will be removed. That will take around 20 GOP senators. Can you name those 20? I cant. Once you get beyond the obvious 3 potential defectors, I dont know where you get the other 17.

How has he tried to make it limitless?

Who has the authoritu to say what those limits are?

The people who just impeached him. :)

This is only going to get worse for Trump. Republican Senators are going to get more and more uncomfortable as this number increases. The same thing happened to Nixon, except his removal numbers were never this high. Not even close.

If Trump wants to save himself, he better admit that what he did was wrong.

I still predict that 20 Republican Senators will vote to remove Trump from office, especially if this drags on a couple of more months.

Wow.

I would LOVE to see that...

...but I don't see it happening.

The Republicans have put themselves between a rock and a hard place. Trump hangs over them like the Sword of Damocles. If they cross him even a bit...they get primaried. If they slaver over him, they lose the votes of people who see Trump for what he is.

We'll see.

Thats fine, but I am curious as to why you think he will be removed. That will take around 20 GOP senators. Can you name those 20? I cant. Once you get beyond the obvious 3 potential defectors, I dont know where you get the other 17.

Because the longer this drags out, the worse it's going to be for Trump. Most Americans know that Trump and McConnell are trying to prevent testimony from key witnesses, such as Bolton and Mulvaney.

You can believe Pelosi will get most of the blame for stalling the Senate trial if it makes you feel better. However, it's going to be Trump and McConnell that receive the vast majority of the blame in the court of public opinion. Count on it. The vast majority of Americans want a fair trial and they want all of the evidence to come forward. What was or wasn't done during the House proceedings simply doesn't matter at this point.

If it reaches the point that 60% of Americans want Trump removed from office, these Republican Senators are going to start fold. Even in red states, those are ugly numbers.

Back
Top Bottom