• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Removal at 55% Now

You have it backwards. The bar on impeachment is so low, now, a president can be impeached for literally anything and the same bottomless standard will be applied to a Democrat president and you're going to lose your ****.

Bribery and extortion are not considered low reasons for real Americans.

Hmm...it's gonna be hard for Mitch to Kangaroo this,

Public support for Trump conviction at all-time high, poll finds

This is only going to get worse for Trump. Republican Senators are going to get more and more uncomfortable as this number increases. The same thing happened to Nixon, except his removal numbers were never this high. Not even close.

If Trump wants to save himself, he better admit that what he did was wrong.

I still predict that 20 Republican Senators will vote to remove Trump from office, especially if this drags on a couple of more months.

some of us have the answer!

they know they are up against a very popular president who has actually DONE things to make the country better

whereas the Ds

what have they done?

well, they tried to impeach the president! Wow... that's a very beneficial thing, long-term-wise... sure to boost the economy into the stratosphere... I am sure the Dow will hit 29,000 soon (actually the Dow went up in the middle of impeachment hearings.. amazing..)

the Left probably believe impeachment is a beneficial thing, though--politically

the Left only care about politics

(only passed USMCA because they didn't want to APPEAR to be overly-political)... roll eyes..

Very popular based on what measure?

You want to assassinate President Trump??

That only happened rarely. More often consuls, after their year in office, skedaddled out of town and took a governorship out in the boonies to avoid being sued to death for whatever stupid **** they did while in office.

And guess what? When the GOP removes a Democrat president via impeachment, their successor will be -- wait for it -- another Democrat! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Not if the GOP outlaw the Democratic Party by declaring it a terrorist organization. ;)

Now that the mentally-deranged Pelosi has established the precendent, when the Republicans next control the House the next Democrat President is certain to be impeached simply for the high crime of being elected Democrat.

A president can be impeached for anything. The founders knew this. If they intended otherwise, they'd have allowed judicial review of impeachment proceedings. They didn't. If politicians get "high crimes and misdemeanors" wrong in the public's opinion, the idea was and is that they demonstrate this through their votes. Political process, political remedy.

Of course, that's only the technical reason your whine is dishonest. Trump used congressionally approved military aid to attempt to extort/bribe Ukraine into providing dirt on Hunter, dirt which Trump only thought existed because he listened to a senile fool's conspiracy theories, in order to help his personal reelection efforts.

You should stop letting yourself get used so easily.

A president can be impeached for anything. The founders knew this. If they intended otherwise, they'd have allowed judicial review of impeachment proceedings. They didn't. If politicians get "high crimes and misdemeanors" wrong in the public's opinion, the idea was and is that they demonstrate this through their votes. Political process, political remedy.
Oh, you speak for the Founders now do you? Link to where the Founders argued what you claim they did. Ill wait while you disappear.

Oh, you speak for the Founders now do you? Link to where the Founders argued what you claim they did. Ill wait while you disappear.

Read the Constitution. The impeachment clause says it plainly.

Of course, that's only the technical reason your whine is dishonest. Trump used congressionally approved military aid to attempt to extort/bribe Ukraine into providing dirt on Hunter, dirt which Trump only thought existed because he listened to a senile fool's conspiracy theories, in order to help his personal reelection efforts.

You should stop letting yourself get used so easily.

He also committed a crime when he withheld the funds. The Impoundment Act requires the President notify congress. He did not. All these idiotic conservative fools keep asking where are the crimes? Well I just mentioned one. Why is the GOP just flat defending Trump when the crimes are in their faces?

He also committed a crime when he withheld the funds. The Impoundment Act requires the President notify congress. He did not. All these idiotic conservative fools keep asking where are the crimes? Well I just mentioned one. Why is the GOP just flat defending Trump when the crimes are in their faces?

And of course the 14ish instances of obstruction in the Mueller report, Mueller's statement that he could not say he even suspected Trump was guilty, and his statement that he did not exonerate Trump....

There's also the matter of steering so many people, foreign or domestic, to his properties when on government business.

Plenty of meat, compared to lying about a blowjob after several years of Whitewater investigation failed to turn up anything meaningful.

This is only going to get worse for Trump. Republican Senators are going to get more and more uncomfortable as this number increases. The same thing happened to Nixon, except his removal numbers were never this high. Not even close.

If Trump wants to save himself, he better admit that what he did was wrong.

I still predict that 20 Republican Senators will vote to remove Trump from office, especially if this drags on a couple of more months.

Actually once the so called "smoking gun" evidence on the Nixon tapes was revealed, if I remember correctly, Nixon's support went below 20 percent. That is, I believe, what triggered the Barry Goldwater "come to Jesus" talk in the Oval Office.
It was a sudden and very precipitous drop. On a graph it would have resembled an inverted hockey stick.

Republicans knew that impeachment plus removal might end in the Democratic Speaker winding up in the White House whereas they were better off if they could shoehorn Ford in on the heels of a Milhouse exit while they do damage control, which they indeed tried.

Maybe I am wrong on the "19 percent" but I remember hearing that clearly out of John Chancellor's pie hole on NBC Nightly News back in 1974.

You have it backwards. The bar on impeachment is so low, now, a president can be impeached for literally anything and the same bottomless standard will be applied to a Democrat president and you're going to lose your ****.

You should bitch to the founding fathers about how much you hate their constitution.

The Democrats have outlawed executive priviledge, so impeaching the next Democrat will be a breeze.

No they have not. They have said that executive privilege is not limitless. Republicans and the courts have tended to agree, until Trump was elected. Now republicans are all for executive privilege.

Actually once the so called "smoking gun" evidence on the Nixon tapes was revealed, if I remember correctly, Nixon's support went below 20 percent. That is, I believe, what triggered the Barry Goldwater "come to Jesus" talk in the Oval Office.
It was a sudden and very precipitous drop. On a graph it would have resembled an inverted hockey stick.

Republicans knew that impeachment plus removal might end in the Democratic Speaker winding up in the White House whereas they were better off if they could shoehorn Ford in on the heels of a Milhouse exit while they do damage control, which they indeed tried.

Maybe I am wrong on the "19 percent" but I remember hearing that clearly out of John Chancellor's pie hole on NBC Nightly News back in 1974.

I never heard that before regarding the 19 percent, but you could be right.

In Aug 1974 right before Nixon resigned, support for Nixon's removal was a little higher than it currently is for Trump (58% vs 55%). So I was wrong about that.

More Democrats Want Trump Removed Than Wanted Nixon Out

Removal at 55% for what? They never even charged him with a crime.

I never heard that before regarding the 19 percent, but you could be right.

In Aug 1974 right before Nixon resigned, support for Nixon's removal was a little higher than it currently is for Trump (58% vs 55%). So I was wrong about that.

More Democrats Want Trump Removed Than Wanted Nixon Out

I remember feeling sort of hopeless, then suddenly the SCOTUS ordered the tapes released and it was like the dam broke, and Nixon's popularity was suddenly kaput.
He had already been reelected and the "C.R.E.E.P" had been working overtime just like Fox News is today.
***"CREEP" is the Committee to ReElect the President

Nixon got hounded out of office by the press. Will take more than than that for Trump.

Yes, Trump will be removed by a Senate vote. Unless he sees the writing on the wall and resigns before the vote.

Read the Constitution. The impeachment clause says it plainly.

It does. Bribery, Treason and other high crimes and misdemeanors. Only a liar or a fool believes the Founders meant that to mean that a president can be impeached for anything.

Yes, Trump will be removed by a Senate vote. Unless he sees the writing on the wall and resigns before the vote.

Which senate would that be the next one because it's not this one. Which means he'd have to have been re-elected.

It begs the question: why are the Democrats so afraid to let the ballot box decide?

I've been looking but when it comes to impeachment, I can't find this outlined in the Constitution. Care to help a brother out?

Because if you believe the man represents a threat to the Republic and committed an offense worthy of impeachment you have a duty to impeach him.

Just as soon as the vacation is over.

Am I right?

Back
Top Bottom