• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remington Arms declares bankruptcy despite surging gun demand

Crime is not up in Seattle or Portland. Property damage? Yes, but not actual crime rates.

Seattle and Portland have become a breeding ground for Antifa and the local and state leadership have done nothing to address the violence and intimidation techniques they use. This is long before the death of George Floyd.

Seattle and Portland have become a breeding ground for Antifa and the local and state leadership have done nothing to address the violence and intimidation techniques they use. This is long before the death of George Floyd.

You are referring to the violence and intimidation techniques used by the police, correct???

I live in Seattle. I have been to CHOP, son. If you want to talk reality, go ahead but it seems you are regurgitating FOXNews headlines.

You are referring to the violence and intimidation techniques used by the police, correct???

I live in Seattle. I have been to CHOP, son. If you want to talk reality, go ahead but it seems you are regurgitating FOXNews headlines.

Are you stating that Antifa doesn't exist in Seattle and Portland and/or Antifa does not use direct violence to achieve its objectives?

More than just a breeding ground. The anti-American leftist mayors of Seattle and Portland are violating 18 U.S. Code § 2339 (Harboring/Concealing Terrorists) and 18 U.S. Code § 2384 (Seditious Conspiracy). Both should be arrested immediately.

You have to ask why Remington can't trade in the black even during this supposed gun sales "spike"

Apparently this is the 2nd time since 2018 they've filed for bankruptcy, so I guess their products are not as well received as they once were ?

Old people are the pro gun types. They're dying off.

I take the time to teach the young folks marksmanship skills. I’ve educated quite a few.

You have to ask why Remington can't trade in the black even during this supposed gun sales "spike"

Apparently this is the 2nd time since 2018 they've filed for bankruptcy, so I guess their products are not as well received as they once were ?

I'm not a huge Remington fan, and I only own a Remington 870 with a Magpul configuration.

I take the time to teach the young folks marksmanship skills. I’ve educated quite a few.

This is a great approach: it teaches young people how to safely handle and operate a firearm, it teaches them to respect firearms, it's fun and it removes a level of curiosity that otherwise leads to exploring themselves and often producing negative outcomes.

I'm not a huge Remington fan, and I only own a Remington 870 with a Magpul configuration.

I still use a Remington 570 with a 28" barrel and a modified choke that I bought in 1986. It is my primary firearm for ptarmigan and spruce grouse. It has been a solid firearm for the last 34 years, even though it does not get used as often as some of my other firearms. I have no complaints, and if I was considering a replacement I would consider getting another Remington. I replaced my Mossberg 500 in 2018 with an AR-12, but that was intended for another purpose besides birds.

There are tons of Mossberg V Remington comparisons out there

Most refuse to pick a winner but many compare the Remington as the "Rolls-Royce" of the two.

A sad day indeed.

Another US manufacturer going under.

Kinda sad some feel joy in that.

IN all fairness remington did themselves in, between them and freedom arms their quality has gone to garbage, my one hope is another gun maker buys them and restors them back to the quality they used to be known for.

Despite the political aspect to all this, the harsh truth is Remington cannot compete against others in this space. They have too much debt and not enough means to increase revenue despite market conditions.

MUch of it has to do with poor quality, a remington or marlin from the 80's is going for a premium now because they were top quality, while your average new 30-30 marlin or 700 remington may have many issues or half not working new, remington was well known for quality in the past, but they can not charge name brand prices and deliver high point quality.

Whoever buys them needs to return quality back to what it was in the 1980's and prior

Whether it is real or imagined, Remington has developed a reputation as a crappy quality manufacturer.

several reasons.

1) their flagship model-the 700 rifle, has been plagued with claims of a defective safety

2) Their Semi auto shotguns-the 1100 and its update-the 11-87, used to rule American Skeet and was very popular for clays. However, the "O ring" issue forced the 1100 to lose ground to much more reliable designs-especially the Beretta 391.

3) their parent company bought the well regarded "Bushmaster" brand of AR 15s from the owner in Windham Maine. Rather than maintain the factory, Remington moved it to NY/ when his no compete contract ended-the owner of the original company restarted the Windham factory (Windham Weaponry) turning out far better made rifles than what Remington was turning out.

4) the Remington 3200 was a wonderful competition shotgun-used by Matt Dryke to win the 1984 Olympic Gold medal in skeet. It was about the only USA made over and under that could hang with the Japanese and European guns. It was discontinued.

It is sad companies like these are allowed to exist. Profit based on human lives. Absolutely despicable.

people who want to trample constitutional rights and ban guns are a good reason why arms manufacturers should exist. If you want to be free, you should be well armed.

Some of my favorite shotguns and rifles. I always like their STS and Gun Club loads when I was into trapshooting. Both hulls reloaded the same too.

their cheaper gun club shells reload almost as well as the more expensive Winchester AAs their top of the line shells last the longest for reloading. (and this comes from someone who was sponsored by Winchester when I was on various skeet teams)

Remington 572 -.22 rimfire pump is one of my favorite repeaters.

got one sitting by the front door of my barn-loaded with 22 shorts for dealing with woodchucks, ill-tempered coons or coyotes

The only gun companies we'll have left are the cheapo brands and the assault style weapon companies.

that's moronic. I don't think Smith and Wesson or Springfield Armory is in any danger of going away

If you say so, but I know a lot of young gun owners.

my son is 22, is a grandmaster level steel shooter and twice finished in the top quarter of the US Nationals International style Trap Championships. He has tons of friends that constantly bug him to take them shooting. I see lots of 20 somethings shooting steel at the three clubs I compete at

Crime is not up in Seattle or Portland. Property damage? Yes, but not actual crime rates.

I was a federal prosecutor for 24 years. Property damage is a type of crime. So is tax evasion, credit card fraud, arson, ponzi schemes, mail fraud, wire fraud etc. In fact most crimes are some sort of property crime

I read somewhere, about 3 weeks ago, that the Navajo Nation was in negotiations to buy Remington.
maybe more info can be found on it somewhere

Good for them, one of my favorite American Indian tribes. Patriotic and just a great people.

Good for them, one of my favorite American Indian tribes. Patriotic and just a great people.

Shame about all of that Uranium contamination of Navajo land, and the human experimentation, ongoing health hazards, etc. I wonder if that put a damper on their patriotism at all...

Back
Top Bottom