• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remembering when a baker turned away Joe Biden and received praise from conservatives

sangha

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]Remembering when a baker turned away Joe Biden and received praise from conservatives[/h]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The Red Hen isn’t the first Virginia business to bake up controversy by rejecting a political figure’s business.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The owner of a cookie shop turned down the opportunity to serve Vice President Joe Biden in 2012 — and the right embraced him as their small business hero.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Remembering when a baker turned away Joe Biden and received praise from conservatives - NY Daily News

But that was different :roll:

Anyone that gives a **** about this story is a moron.

The advance team was told no thank you verse someone being asked to leave and allegedly have others in their party followed to continue protesting at a different restaurant.

Yep exactly the same

I feel the same way about this i do about the other story.

As long as political affiliation is not protected in that area its totally legal and fine by me though I would support political affiliation being national protected.
as for opinions of mean, nice, right, wrong, rude etc. none of that subjective stuff matters one bit to me.

and YES of course SOME of the people outraged by the Red Hen im sure were fine with that and they are huge hypocrites .. comes with the territory of politics. Lots of fakers. SOME will also have excuse how they are magically different lol :shrug:

Republicans: BUSINESS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE BASED ON SINCERELY HELD BELIEFS!

Business: Get out.

Republicans: No. See. Ha ha. Not ME. You can't discriminate against ME. You can't refuse Me. No, no, I meant, um, those OTHER people.

Sure, a guy telling Joe Biden's advance team he doesn't want Biden stopping in his shop for a campaign photo op is exactly the same as kicking out someone who was in the middle of a private dinner in a restaurant. Why would anyone think that's different?

Anyone that gives a **** about this story is a moron.

Hypocrisy runs rampant with some. Did you miss the part where Trump supporters were writing bad reviews and comments about a Red Hen in Canada and the Philippines. No to bright. Right?
Or do they think they Philippines are part of the US. No wonder they buy Trumps BS.

Hypocrisy runs rampant with some. Did you miss the part where Trump supporters were writing bad reviews and comments about a Red Hen in Canada and the Philippines. No to bright. Right?
Or do they think they Philippines are part of the US. No wonder they buy Trumps BS.

Both sides do the same **** though. People do the same thing to conservative places when they get attention. People should really just stop trying to ruin other people's businesses due to something that they don't personally like.

Republicans: BUSINESS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE BASED ON SINCERELY HELD BELIEFS!

Business: Get out.

Republicans: No. See. Ha ha. Not ME. You can't discriminate against ME. You can't refuse Me. No, no, I meant, um, those OTHER people.

Is that a direct quote? Of whom?

Was that before or after the press secretary was thrown out?

And do you think that makes a difference?

It is always best to write with proper syntax when questioning other people's intelligence.

Both sides do the same **** though. People do the same thing to conservative places when they get attention. People should really just stop trying to ruin other people's businesses due to something that they don't personally like.

I have no issue with that. I have a problem with hypocrites, like Ryan who had this fellow at and open a speech when he was running with Romney. Now IIRC he stood up and publicly demanded an apology for Sanders.
Ryan in my opinion is a damned hypocrite and a few other choice words I have for him, and not because he is Leader in the House

But the Gods honest truth is your political system is just plain hateful, and the more hate spewed the better.

Just adding from the story you elected to not include in your quote. Shame on the newspaper, "veep" should at least be capitalized. My bolding:

"Chris McMurray and his wife Kelly had only been in a business a few months when Biden's advance team walked into their Radford bakery, Crumb and Get It, hoping the veep could stop in for some cookies and a photo opportunity while they were campaigning in the area, but McMurray turned down the offer."

Was that before or after the press secretary was thrown out?

And do you think that makes a difference?

The comments for the restaurants in Canada/ Philippines came from & after the Saunders incident.

Last edited:
It is always best to write with proper syntax when questioning other people's intelligence.

Well my grammar sucks. Did you understand the point?

After looking at this story, they aren't even close to the same. Not a surprise that the OP would attempt to deceive like this.

That was a long time ago... we should be living in a better era now. But as long as Liberals can't let go we won't.

LOLOLOL

With Trump as president we should be living in a more civil era?

:lamo

Well my grammar sucks. Did you understand the point?

Totally... but nitpicking and being critical is what I do.

That was a long time ago... we should be living in a better era now. But as long as Liberals can't let go we won't.

I am getting pretty sick and goddamned tired of right-wingers electing a vile cretin and then blaming liberals for not being able to "let go" as the reason everyone apparently hates each other.

LOLOLOL

With Trump as president we should be living in a more civil era?

:lamo

One would hope that Liberals could be the bigger person and help move us forward into an era of peace and acceptance instead of wallowing in hatred and divisiveness...

One would hope that Liberals could be the bigger person and help move us forward into an era of peace and acceptance instead of wallowing in hatred and divisiveness...

**** no. After 8 years of GOP lies about Obama, the outright theft of a SCOTUS seat, and the absolutely vile actions of the Trump administration, I am so over "peace and acceptance."

I hope no member of that sick cabal of bastards gets to eat a meal in peace for the rest of their natural lives. They are awful people and should be treated as such.

Why is it always on "the left" to capitulate to whatever conservatives want and "take the high road"? We've seen where the high road leads -- complete Republican control.

So if it happened before it does not matter? Is that what you are saying?

Back
Top Bottom