• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remembering when a baker turned away Joe Biden and received praise from conservatives

You have a nice day.

That is what you just said... if you meant something different please explain instead of contributing to those trying to make this world a better place.

Hypocrisy runs rampant with some. Did you miss the part where Trump supporters were writing bad reviews and comments about a Red Hen in Canada and the Philippines. No to bright. Right?
Or do they think they Philippines are part of the US. No wonder they buy Trumps BS.
Not too long ago there was a 51st State party in the Philippines. No idea if they're still around.

So how does this story rise to the level of hypocrisy?

The comments for the restaurants in Canada/ Philippines came from & after the Saunders incident.
Yeah, that was dumb for people to do that. Hell, it's dumb for anyone to do that if they haven't actually been to the place.

I never implied that... but saying that what happened to Sanders is justified because Republicans did it in the past is the epitome of immaturity...

Someone said that?

Do you have a link?

I think the point is the hypocrisy of acting like what the Red Hen lady did was horrible after hailing the baker as a hero.

Not saying that one justifies the other.

Do you see the difference?

No? That's okay.

I return you to you regularly scheduled pretense about caring about civility.

Yeah, that was dumb for people to do that. Hell, it's dumb for anyone to do that if they haven't actually been to the place.

Well as I like to ask myself when I have made a dumb move. I say Lord, if you take all the stupid people out would I still be here
As and I am guessing these are younger who rely far to much on Google. That they search, do not read the links, research the links and such and off they go.

Well as I like to ask myself when I have made a dumb move. I say Lord, if you take all the stupid people out would I still be here
As and I am guessing these are younger who rely far to much on Google. That they search, do not read the links, research the links and such and off they go.
Yep, happens a lot.

Republicans: BUSINESS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE BASED ON SINCERELY HELD BELIEFS!

Business: Get out.

Republicans: No. See. Ha ha. Not ME. You can't discriminate against ME. You can't refuse Me. No, no, I meant, um, those OTHER people.

Have you heard anybody say she wasn't within her rights? I haven't.

Have you heard anybody say it was a stupid business move? That would be me.

Someone said that?

Do you have a link?

Yeah... you did.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...ed-praise-conservatives-5.html#post1068702027

I think the point is the hypocrisy of acting like what the Red Hen lady did was horrible after hailing the baker as a hero.

I do too... but this point is about the Red Hen lady so when you or others bring up past examples of hypocrisy all you are doing is deflecting and justifying bad behavior.

Do you see the difference?

If a person is honest and not biased they would judge each incident on its own merit... as I do.

No? That's okay.

Sadly, I think you think that this is true...

I return you to you regularly scheduled pretense about caring about civility.

And you don't care about civility?

From the article:

...Biden's advance team walked into their Radford bakery, Crumb and Get It, hoping the veep could stop in for some cookies and a photo opportunity while they were campaigning in the area...

Yes, it was different. The bakery turned down a photo op for Biden's political campaign. They didn't kick out a government employee trying to have dinner with her family, then organize people to follow her around and heckle her.

I bet if Biden asked to buy a cake, they would have been happy to serve him.

From the article:

Yes, it was different. The bakery turned down a photo op for Biden's political campaign. They didn't kick out a government employee trying to have dinner with her family, then organize people to follow her around and heckle her.

I bet if Biden asked to buy a cake, they would have been happy to serve him.

You obviously do not know what occurred at either event

1) The bakery, unlike the restaurant, refused to serve Biden.
from the same article
McMurray said he received an outpouring of support in the weeks after he opted against serving Biden.
2) The restaurant did not kick anyone out. They asked her to leave. Sanders agreed to leave

3) The restaurant had nothing to do with anyone following Sanders anywhere

When you have to make stuff up --and I am being charitable here-- to defend your position, it becomes obvious that your position is deplorable and you know that

Ah yes. More of what we expect from the party of tolerance, acceptance, and inclusiveness.

tolerant.Jpg

It's pretty that the kind of "tolerance" that conservatives demand of "the left" is complete capitulation, no matter how repugnant their words or actions. Liberals are expected to be "inclusive" of absolutely abhorrent ideas, lest they be considered "intolerant."

And you don't care about civility?

Not as much as I did before Republicans chose one of the most hateful, uncivil men in the world to be their standard bearer.

People who admire Trump are flat out lying when they claim to value civility. Then for them to get preachy when others descend to the level of their standard bearer? That's a sick joke.

It's pretty that the kind of "tolerance" that conservatives demand of "the left" is complete capitulation, no matter how repugnant their words or actions. Liberals are expected to be "inclusive" of absolutely abhorrent ideas, lest they be considered "intolerant."

"You have to tolerate intolerance <because you're a liberal>" is one of the most intellectually dishonest and repugnant attack maneuvers around. Not quite as bad as a misused "both sides" speech, but yeah.

It's pretty that the kind of "tolerance" that conservatives demand of "the left" is complete capitulation
Resistance is Futile

borg_chilla1.jpg

I'm sure there were plenty, but they aren't fungible anymore than the "leftists" or "liberals" they're always on about...

Strange, though. I don't remember this at all. Biden turned away because "you didn't build that"? Let's see.....2012.....

Hmm. I guess the media I interact with didn't care all that much.

You do not remember it because the left is not a bunch of snowflakes the way the right is

I'm not aware of the left insisting it has a monopoly on the high road.

Just don't give us Trump and then start pretending to value the high road.

I wish I could like this like 50 times.

A. She is not "the left".

B. She is not claiming to have a monopoly on taking the high road.

C. She's talking about advice she and Barack gave to her daughters for when they were faced with some of the terrible things which were hurled at their family. (Trump was one of the preeminent hurlers.)

D. She called it a motto. Words to remember and aspire to.

Thank you for providing the clip. I had heard the quote about going high before but not in the full context. I didn't realize she was talking about advice to her daughters. So I appreciate this chance to find that out.

Don't expect anybody on the right to be inspired by Michelle Obama. They are the ones that complained because she wanted their children to have healthy meals in school, instead of starch fried in lard.

Not as much as I did before Republicans chose one of the most hateful, uncivil men in the world to be their standard bearer.

People who admire Trump are flat out lying when they claim to value civility. Then for them to get preachy when others descend to the level of their standard bearer? That's a sick joke.

I see you ignored the meat of my message/post and chose to post a partisan hack message instead. Well done...

Don't expect anybody on the right to be inspired by Michelle Obama. They are the ones that complained because she wanted their children to have healthy meals in school, instead of starch fried in lard.

inspired by Michelle Obama? I sat back for 8 years and watched hate filled right wingers call her a tranny, a man, an anti white racist, a gorilla, monkey, etc. I have never witnessed a first lady so viscously attacked the way Michelle Obama was for 8 years by right wingers. That's why I have zero sympathy whatsoever when the left attacks Melenia.

You obviously do not know what occurred at either event

1) The bakery, unlike the restaurant, refused to serve Biden.
from the same article

2) The restaurant did not kick anyone out. They asked her to leave. Sanders agreed to leave

3) The restaurant had nothing to do with anyone following Sanders anywhere

When you have to make stuff up --and I am being charitable here-- to defend your position, it becomes obvious that your position is deplorable and you know that

"hoping the veep could stop in for some cookies and a photo opportunity"

Why do you keep ignoring that it was a request for a photo opportunity? Biden never set foot into the bakery. Hell, I'd have voted for Biden over the current President, but to equate these two events is a joke.

"hoping the veep could stop in for some cookies and a photo opportunity"

Why do you keep ignoring that it was a request for a photo opportunity? Biden never set foot into the bakery. Hell, I'd have voted for Biden over the current President, but to equate these two events is a joke.

because it was not a request for a photo op. The bakery did not sell photo ops. They sold cakes and cookies

Why do you keep pretending the issue is not the denial of service for political reasons?

Back
Top Bottom