• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Remembering 911

F41

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Video Tribute To 911

http://attacked911.tripod.com/

In2525252520Loving2525252520Memory.gif

I hope you guys see above your carefully crafted PSYOPS designed to control public opinion. This piece of propaganda is easily recognized by its notable omissions like the collapse of WTC7. Also missing from the photographic review are pictures of people standing in the open entry wounds of the WTC towers before they were demolished.

pic51039.jpg

Highlighted for full emotional effect however were the pictures of the people that jumped early in the first 10 minutes before fires burnt down. Let me give you a hint in G.W.B's own words "The hijackers were instruments of evil that died in vain, behind them is a cult of evil that seeks destruction and death". That cult is skull and bones and it is based at Yale University in the building called the Tomb. Its members are the powerful elite that have traditionally taken up posts in the CIA, NSA or US government. Skull and Bones is involved in drug running, the weapons industries and have links bringing the Nazi's to power. Three generations of Bush's have been members of skull and bones, from Prescott Bush the Nazi money launderer to George senior, CIA director, president and drug criminal to G.W. Bush himself a criminal terrorist. It is sad to see the state that mainstream America is in today as a once proud nation eaten by the cancer of corruption.

georgewskullnbones.jpg

With the fourth anniversary of September 11th looming, we as a group of individuals, and as members of the free and democratic world, must once again revisit the origins of our long held positions. We need to remind those who have forgotten of who we are; a people devoted to a cause of just, and sound principal. We are a people who can see the larger picture for what it is, note its negatives, and embrace its positives.

We need to remind them of who the enemy is; a people with pure hatred, and a vicious, bloodthirsty dream of killing the innocent. They are a people that see no rules, nor abide to any and will stop at nothing to die for their cause.

We need to remind them why we must prevail; such a success would send shockwaves of liberty as it as already begun to. Hoping to win, which may seem to be one of the most fundamental elements of a patriotic society, is vital, and will be the key to such success.

We need to remind them why the enemy will fail; such a failure would send shockwaves of not only disbelief to those who did not support us originally, but send a clear signal to all those who stand for evil, that when the United States and the free world make a commitment, we stand to it.

Thus far on this War on Terrorism, millions have been freed from tyranny, and terrorist networks have been dismembered, disorganized, and maimed more so than ever before. Osama Bin Laden is on the run, instead of planning attacks. Al Qaeda is no longer the functioning terrorist network it once was. Saddam Hussein is behind bars, instead of sending innocents behind bars. Libya no longer seeks nuclear weapons. Freedom has touched Lebanon and eyes have been opened to recognize the United Nations for the corrupt organization it is.

Every anniversary before this one of September 11th, these things have crossed our minds. Images, sounds, smells, feelings, were all things that defined that day. We were angry, sad, and shocked. As some may fail to see, freedom was attacked those fateful hours, yet to this day, we remain free. We will never suffer from such ideologies of hate again, so we will always embrace and spread such ideologies of freedom.

You know what we really need? To pay respects to those who died and move on.

What we Don't need is more hateful propaganda.

I suppose I was answering you but you could in general I'm just annoyed about all these people making rousing battle speeches with help from 9/11. Don't take it personally.

Well you wouldn't deny that 9/11 did instigate a great deal of changes in U.S. foreign policy, right? It's just when we get to defining if those changes were for the better or worse is where we might argue.

In attempt to not debase or belittle the subject at hand, because I really do have strong feelings about 9/11, what do you think of the aftermath of 9/11?

Don’t worry, it takes quite a lot to make things personal for me. :)

Originally posted by Tetracide
We need to remind them of who the enemy is; a people with pure hatred, and a vicious, bloodthirsty dream of killing the innocent. They are a people that see no rules, nor abide to any and will stop at nothing to die for their cause

Agreed. But why are they are enemies?

We need to remind them why we must prevail; such a success would send shockwaves of liberty as it as already begun to. Hoping to win, which may seem to be one of the most fundamental elements of a patriotic society, is vital, and will be the key to such success.

Success would send shockwaves. We might be in this fight for years on end. Already, nearly 2,000 of our brave soliders have died. How many more need to succoumb to this fate for absolutely nothing?

Thus far on this War on Terrorism, millions have been freed from tyranny, and terrorist networks have been dismembered, disorganized, and maimed more so than ever before. Osama Bin Laden is on the run, instead of planning attacks. Al Qaeda is no longer the functioning terrorist network it once was. Saddam Hussein is behind bars, instead of sending innocents behind bars. Libya no longer seeks nuclear weapons. Freedom has touched Lebanon and eyes have been opened to recognize the United Nations for the corrupt organization it is.

Well thus far 1,800 US troops died, over 30,000 Iraqi civilians died. Our brave soliders are having their good sense of morality and obligation taken advantage of. Add to that fact that this "war on terrorism", gave Bush cover for a huge attack on our civil liberties.

Every anniversary before this one of September 11th, these things have crossed our minds. Images, sounds, smells, feelings, were all things that defined that day. We were angry, sad, and shocked. As some may fail to see, freedom was attacked those fateful hours, yet to this day, we remain free. We will never suffer from such ideologies of hate again, so we will always embrace and spread such ideologies of freedom.

Well, we wouldn't be in this situation now if Bush attacked al-Qeada swiftly and silently after finding them responsible for 9/11. The fact that Osama Bin Laden is still alive and free to go where he wants, is totally unacceptable. "We'll get him,dead or alive"- yea, ok. Geese, the man responsible for the 9/11 attacks and training of terrorists is still alive? I guess Saddam was a higher priority?

hmm. . . .thats an interesting question. Somehow 9/11 actually changed me because I realized that our country wasn't immortal and that we would have people who hated us and wanted us to fall. I think other americans realized this also. It brought the best out of some people and the worse out of others. Some looked for answers while others were just looking for trouble, so to speak.

At first I actually supported President Bush but then things got a little redundent. And then of course Iraq came along and it just seemed to me that he was using 9/11 as an excuse to go into Iraq. Especially when no weapons of mass destruction were found. Also, the whole Mission Accomplished thing with the boat and then with all these things happening got me very very very very angry.

9/11 really was almost life-changing if I might go so far. I never really gave a damn what happened in the outside world until we were attacked. Telling you this now almost seems to contradict some points I brought up in over posts but I think it rather reinforces them. I don't believe in taking away security but I don't think we should sacrifice our liberty for it. It's kinda like what Ben Franklin said "People who are willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."

and in regards to my ealier post, 9/11 was a tragedy but it bears no releveance to anything except for the fact that we have enemies. We KNOW we have enemies. And we don't need to be reminded of this so that we can be bent to the will of those who don't give a damn about enemies or not but rather their money.

Well, maybe in the near future we can talk about this a little further, but for now, I'd like to keep the day humble and respect those who need to be respected. Same goes for Kal-el's post. I wont reply just because it will be branching from the premis of this thread.

Tetracide said:
Well, maybe in the near future we can talk about this a little further, but for now, I'd like to keep the day humble and respect those who need to be respected. Same goes for Kal-el's post. I wont reply just because it will be branching from the premis of this thread.

Fair enough.;)

Originally posted by Tetracide
We need to remind them of who the enemy is; a people with pure hatred, and a vicious, bloodthirsty dream of killing the innocent. They are a people that see no rules, nor abide to any and will stop at nothing to die for their cause
One Iraqi household's reaction to the events on 11 September 2001.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11, 2005...
“R.- come in here! You have to see this!” It was September 11, 2001 and I was in the kitchen rinsing some dishes from lunch. I paused at the urgency in my brothers voice but continued rinsing, thinking there was some vaguely important news item on Iraq’s state controlled channel.

“I’m coming- a moment.” I called back. The phone began to ring and I stopped to answer it on my way out of the kitchen.

R: “Alloo?” I answered.
L: “Are you watching tv???” L., my best friend, cried out with no preliminaries.
R: “Uh… no- but…”
L: “GO WATCH TV!”

The line went dead and I put down the phone, my heart beating wildly. I made my way to the living room, curious and nervous, wondering what it could be. Had someone died? Were they going to bomb us again? That was always a possibility. It never surprised anyone when the US decided on an air strike. I wondered if, this time around, Bush had been caught with a presidential aide in the Oval Office.

I walked into the living room and E. was standing in the middle of it- eyes glued to the television, mouth slightly open, remote control clutched in his hand, and directed towards the television set.

“What is it?” I asked, looking at the screen. The images were chaotic. It was a big city, there was smoke or dust and people running across the screen, some screaming, others crying and the rest with astounded looks on their faces. They looked slightly like E., my brother, as he stood staring at the television, gaping. There was someone speaking in the background- in English- and there was a voiceover in Arabic. I can’t remember what was being said; the images on the tv screen are all I remember. Confusion. Havoc.

And then they showed it again. The Twin Towers- New York… a small something came flying out of the side of the screen and it crashed into one of them. I gasped audibly and E. just shook his head, “That’s nothing… wait…” I made my way towards the couch while keeping my eyes locked on the television. There was some more chaos, shocked expressions, another plane and the towers- they began to crumble. They began to fall. They disappeared into an enormous fog of smoke and dust.

I sucked in my breath and I couldn’t exhale that moment. I just sat there- paralyzed- watching the screen. A part of me was saying, “It’s a joke. It’s Hollywood.” But it was just too real. The fear was too genuine. The incoherent voices in the background were too tinged with confusion and terror.

The silence in the living room was broken with the clatter of the remote control on the floor. It had slipped out of E.’s fingers and I jumped nervously, watching the batteries from the remote roll away on the ground.

“But… who? How? What was it? A plane? How???”

E. shook his head and looked at me in awe. We continued watching the television, looking for answers to dozens of questions. Within the hour we had learned that it wasn’t some horrid mistake or miscalculation. It was intentional. It was a major act of terror.

Al-Qaeda was just a vague name back then. Iraqis were concerned with their own problems and fears. We were coping with the sanctions and the fact that life seemed to stand still every few years for an American air raid. We didn’t have the problem of Muslim fundamentalists- that was a concern for neighbors like Saudi Arabia and Iran.

I remember almost immediately, Western media began conjecturing on which Islamic group it could have been. I remember hoping it wasn’t Muslims or Arabs. I remember feeling that way not just because of the thousands of victims, but because I sensed that we’d suffer in Iraq. We’d be made to suffer for something we weren’t responsible for.

E. looked at me wide-eyed that day and asked the inevitable question, “How long do you think before they bomb us?”

“But it wasn’t us. It can’t be us…” I rationalized.

“It doesn’t matter. It’s all they need.”
And it was true. It began with Afghanistan and then it was Iraq. We began preparing for it almost immediately. The price of the dollar rose as people began stocking up on flour, rice, sugar and other commodities.

For several weeks it was all anyone could talk about. We discussed it in schools and universities. We talked about it in work places and restaurants. The attitudes differed. There was never joy or happiness, but in several cases there was a sort of grim satisfaction. Some Iraqis believed that America had brought this upon itself. This is what you get when you meddle in world affairs. This is what you get when starve populations. This is what you get when you give unabashed support to occupying countries like Israel, and corrupt tyrants like the Saudi royals.

Most Iraqis, though, felt pity. The images for the next weeks of Americans running in terror, of the frantic searches under the rubble for relatives and friends left us shaking our heads in empathy. The destruction was all too familiar. The reports of Americans fearing the sound of airplanes had us nodding our heads with understanding and a sort of familiarity- you’d want to reach out to one of them and say, “It’s ok- the fear eventually subsides. We know how it is- your government does this every few years.”

It has been four years today. How does it feel four years later?

For the 3,000 victims in America, more than 100,000 have died in Iraq. Tens of thousands of others are being detained for interrogation and torture. Our homes have been raided, our cities are constantly being bombed and Iraq has fallen back decades, and for several years to come we will suffer under the influence of the extremism we didn't know prior to the war.

As I write this, Tel Afar, a small place north of Mosul, is being bombed. Dozens of people are going to be buried under their homes in the dead of the night. Their water and electricity have been cut off for days. It doesn’t seem to matter much though because they don’t live in a wonderful skyscraper in a glamorous city. They are, quite simply, farmers and herders not worth a second thought.

Four years later and the War on Terror (or is it the War of Terror?) has been won:

Score:
Al-Qaeda – 3,000
America – 100,000+

http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

Back
Top Bottom