• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Remembering 9/11

Billo_Really said:
Personally, I'm sick of remembering 9/11.

Personally, I think it should be rammed down the publics thoughts, ad nauseum, forever and ever, Amen.

Not more than a month after it happened, there was a commercial about it on TV. I hate commercials.

teacher-Me too, insulting to my intelligence to think they think a commercial will sway me. All the ads in the world for Miller will not keep me from drinking Bud Ice.

If the Administration hadn't of used this as an opportunity to trash our Constitution, I might have more empathy towards the tragedy. But since they used it to cram bullshit down our throats like the Patriot Act, f___'em!

teacher-Been fun, but, go time.

Name one missuse of the patriot act on the federal level. I, teacher, of the huge brain, electronic security professional that I am, (damn, that sounds funny even to me, but I am), have witnessed such on the local level in the last month, but have heard of no federal abuse.

teacher-Please explain to me your knowledge, and the changes from the former way of doing things, of the patriot act.

To my knowledge all it really does is grant the "sneak and peak", and rolling wire taps.

No links Billo, what you know?

One of these days Billo, a dabate on why we are doing what we are in Iraq.

Originally posted by teacher:
No links Billo, what you know?
Hot links always provided on request.

Originally posted by teacher:
One of these days Billo, a dabate on why we are doing what we are in Iraq.
"...dabate...", who do you think you are, SKILMATIC?

It was very weird on the night before on 9-10 I had watched a documentary on the history channel or the discovery channel or one of those educational channels about suicide bombings in Palestine, airplane hijackings, Israeli airport securtiy and basically terrorism in general. I thought to myself that I had gone through metal detectors before and when the alarm go's off they never scan the shoes with the wand and that it would be very easy to sneak a weapon onto a plane in your shoes. Then I woke up the next morning to the phone ringing and a voice telling me to turn on the t.v., I was shocked but I can't say that I was suprised because if you followed terrorim before 9-11 you would have known that they wanted desperately to hit the U.S. on our soil and for the most part the gov't was looking the other way, the only thing that I thought was that atleast it wasn't a suit case nuke (which had been one of my biggest fears since before the millenium.) I think the saddest Irony of all is is that on the morning of 9-11 they were putting together a counter-terrorism bill.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom