• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remember Obama saying, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon"

ric27

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well, If Trayvon could be Obama's son, this *could be* Obama's other son....

Tyrone Woodfork charged in home invasion, elderly murder

Family Of Tulsa Couple Victimized In Home Invasion Speak Out - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

TULSA, Oklahoma - Family members talked to News On 6 crime reporter Lori Fullbright about Bob and Nancy Strait, the elderly couple beaten in their home Wednesday during a robbery.
The couple had been married more than 65 years, had six children and 18 grandchildren. They were great, great, great grandparents.

They had been sick for the past week from food poisoning and the flu. They had just agreed to move into an assisted living facility the day before they were attacked so viciously. Nancy died from her injuries, Bob is still in the hospital.

Bob Strait was a paratrooper in World War II. He was with the 101st airborne where he was part of the D-day invasion. He was awarded the Bronze Star.

Nancy grew up in a log cabin in Kenwood, Oklahoma with no running water. She moved to Tulsa to work during the war.

The two met after the war ended.

"They met and three weeks later got married. Friday the 13th in 1946. They've been married 65 years and three months," said daughter Andra.

Nancy was a homemaker who made quilts and homemade jellies. Bob was a welder by trade and did woodworking for a hobby. The two did everything together; grocery shopping, doctor's visits, you name it.

"Mama was the kind, if you came in, she would say ‘go to the kitchen and help yourself with the groceries or let me get you something.' She fed everybody," Andra said.

Oooo ahhhh... Scary black man... Scary... :shock:

Precisely why the whole "if I had a son he would look like Trayvon" comment so completely moronic.

Oooo ahhhh... Scary black man... Scary... :shock:

Yes indeed, as well explained by this conservative National Review columnist, writing about what he would teach his children:

(10a) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

(10c) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).

(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.

(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.

(10f) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.

(10g) Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white.

(10h) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway.

(10i) If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving.

(11) The mean intelligence of blacks is much lower than for whites. The least intelligent ten percent of whites have IQs below 81; forty percent of blacks have IQs that low. Only one black in six is more intelligent than the average white; five whites out of six are more intelligent than the average black. These differences show in every test of general cognitive ability that anyone, of any race or nationality, has yet been able to devise. They are reflected in countless everyday situations. “Life is an IQ test.”

And no, National Review has not disciplined him (yet).

And now three more shot in Tulsa. A nice racial beat down in Baltimore. Round and round we go. Fun.

Precisely why the whole "if I had a son he would look like Trayvon" comment so completely moronic.

WTF is wrong with you....seriously. Obama states a very simple fact while expressing compassion for a family that just lost a son to violence, and for some reason you decide it's not only the wrong thing to do...but then go off on some tangent that makes no sense at all.

You seem either Bigoted, or of very low intellect.

WTF is wrong with you....seriously. Obama states a very simple fact while expressing compassion for a family that just lost a son to violence, and for some reason you decide it's not only the wrong thing to do...but then go off on some tangent that makes no sense at all.

You seem either Bigoted, or of very low intellect.

Look how cute you are! That's just precious.

That ****ing joke of a president made an idiotic pandering statement. He waded into an event he probably shouldn't have without using his brain. He joined all the other race baiters with mindless rhetoric. And look at he results.

As for 'what the **** is wrong'...well...I have the same ailment the whole country has. A bunch of mindless ****heads nominated and elected a completely underqualified idiot to be a leader and he is failing miserably.

Last edited:

This story is really sad and your comment is both nonsensical and gross.

You could say that about any comment. If Obama had said, "That could have been any of our sons," then you could make a thread saying, "well this murderer could be any of our sons too." Any attempt to relate to individuals positively can be turned around negatively, but usually only sick people and a stupid agenda with little sense do that.​

Look how cute you are! That's just precious.

That ****ing joke of a president made an idiotic pandering statement. He waded into an event he probably shouldn't have without using his brain. He joined all the other race baiters with mindless rhetoric. And look at he results.

The only result I see is that foolish people want to hold him accountable for every crime committed now.

The man showed compassion. Blowing this up into something it wasn't, time after time after time, is very silly.

:shrug:

This story is really sad and your comment is both nonsensical and gross.

You could say that about any comment. If Obama had said, "That could have been any of our sons," then you could make a thread saying, "well this murderer could be any of our sons too." Any attempt to relate to individuals positively can be turned around negatively, but usually only sick people and a stupid agenda with little sense do that.
But thats NOT what he said...is it. He waded into a situation that hadnt even been investigated yet, pandered to the homies, and fueled a fire like all the other race baiting assholes. And look at the result.

The only result I see is that foolish people want to hold him accountable for every crime committed now.

The man showed compassion. Blowing this up into something it wasn't, time after time after time, is very silly.

You get held accountable for your words and actions as president. "Blowing things into something it wasnt" is precisely what his mindless words and others have done. Look at what is happening across the country. His mindless act and words along with the intentional race baiting rhetoric is fanning the flames of anger and hatred across the country.

You get held accountable for your words and actions as president. "Blowing things into something it wasnt" is precisely what his mindless words and others have done. Look at what is happening across the country. His mindless act and words along with the intentional race baiting rhetoric is fanning the flames of anger and hatred across the country.

Look who's blowing this up, VM. It's people who hate Obama and see it as a tool to jab or the extremists on both sides of the political isle. Most people see it as nothing more than him expressing compassion for this family.

Yes indeed, as well explained by this conservative National Review columnist, writing about what he would teach his children:

And no, National Review has not disciplined him (yet).

NR has severed their ties with him. Geez, what more do you want?

Look who's blowing this up, VM. It's people who hate Obama and see it as a tool to jab or the extremists on both sides of the political isle. Most people see it as nothing more than him expressing compassion for this family.

The people blowing this up are the people that are using this as an excuse to be violent and to incite violence. I've cited the former head of the NAACP that points out the exact same thing... Obama made pandering mindless statements about a situation he knew nothing about to show how down he is and across the country it is blowing up in his face. It's not the first time he has done it and I highly doubt I will be the last. but who knows...maybe after the next few dead bodies pile up he will unite people over for another beer summit to try and smooth things over.

But thats NOT what he said...is it. He waded into a situation that hadnt even been investigated yet, pandered to the homies, and fueled a fire like all the other race baiting assholes. And look at the result.
My point went really far over your head. Let me see if I can say it another way: The meaning that you've attributed to the statement, "If I had a son, he would look like X," would apply equally to the statement, "X could have been any of our sons." In both of those phrases, X could be both the victim of a crime or the criminal, so your attempt to say Obama's phrase is stupid because it could also refer to a criminal is nonsensical because the other phrase where "looks" are not mentioned could refer to a criminal as well.

MissyPea, isn't funny that after the Ft. Hood shooting we were exhorted by Obama (among others) not to "rush to judgment," even though the motivation for the shooting was pretty clear from the start. However, in this case, where there actually is a potential for a legit self defense claim, the very same people (including Obama) do not say anything about "violent rhetoric" (as they did right after the Giffords shooting) when someone has put an actual bounty on Zimmerman's head. Why do you suppose that is?

Last edited:
The people blowing this up are the people that are using this as an excuse to be violent and to incite violence. I've cited the former head of the NAACP that points out the exact same thing... Obama made pandering mindless statements about a situation he knew nothing about to show how down he is and across the country it is blowing up in his face. It's not the first time he has done it and I highly doubt I will be the last. but who knows...maybe after the next few dead bodies pile up he will unite people over for another beer summit to try and smooth things over.

Well, I'm not going to change your mind but I think statements like ^ border on the hysterical and promote the violence you seem to be against?

Last edited:
People were threatening violence before Obama said anything. Your attempt to pin peoples' desire for violence on a vague statement by Obama is really dumb. It's also really hyperbolic and melodramatic.

People were threatening violence before Obama said anything.

Well, it's a good thing Obama took the opportunity to try to calm the situation and to ask people to tone their rhetoric down and tell them not to "rush to judgment". Oh wait, he didn't do any of that.

Well, it's a good thing Obama took the opportunity to try to calm the situation and to ask people to tone their rhetoric down and tell them not to "rush to judgment". Oh wait, he didn't do any of that.
He didn't try to "not calm" the situation, "tone up" the rhetoric or tell people to "rush to judgment" either. He empathized with the family and argued that the case should be investigated . Some people, like you, will read a lot into that. That's your choice. I'm not interested.

MissyPea, isn't funny that after the Ft. Hood shooting we were exhorted by Obama (among others) not to "rush to judgment," even though the motivation for the shooting was pretty clear from the start. However, in this case, where there actually is a potential for a legit self defense claim, the very same people (including Obama) do not say anything about "violent rhetoric" (as they did right after the Giffords shooting) when someone has put an actual bounty on Zimmerman's head. Why do you suppose that is?

Why? I don't know. I could take some guesses but they'd be guesses, just as yours are.

I'll tell you the same thing I told VM. The only people who are keeping this alive are the people who hate Obama and/or the extremists on either side of the isle. I think it's beyond sad.

Why? I don't know. I could take some guesses but they'd be guesses, just as yours are.

I'll tell you the same thing I told VM. The only people who are keeping this alive are the people who hate Obama and/or the extremists on either side of the isle. I think it's beyond sad.
Yep, when I heard Obama's comments initially, all I thought was some variation of, "That's nice. I'm glad he said something." Next thing I know, it's turned into a scandal. People are calling Obama a racist, accusing him of inciting violence and of dividing the country. I think the only people who felt "divided" were the people who want to feel that way. Some people live to make small things much bigger.

I genuinely believe that Obama should have (and could have) taken a greater leadership role in trying to calm the whole situation down. Why does it have to be that criticism of Obama means hating him?

Back
Top Bottom