• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remember Maria Butina?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Well, looks like she may be leading the investigators to a treasonous lot of Republicans.

Feds Target Butina’s GOP Boyfriend as Foreign Agent

I stand by my assertion: by the time this Trump nightmare is over, Republicans will be the most hated people in America. I hope it was worth it.

Well, looks like she may be leading the investigators to a treasonous lot of Republicans.

Feds Target Butina’s GOP Boyfriend as Foreign Agent

I stand by my assertion: by the time this Trump nightmare is over, Republicans will be the most hated people in America. I hope it was worth it.

I think the GOP saw the writing on the wall even before the election. The Republicans delegates knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump would be a disaster, but they also knew he resonated with voters and was likely the only one who could beat Hillary and put Republicans in a position to nominate the next Supreme Court Justice. And now they've gotten two justices out of it and counting. Even at the expense of everything else, I suspect the leaders of the Republican Party see long term Supreme Court dominance to be worth the sacrifice. I think the hope is that by the time we have to replace more Supreme Court Justices, Trump will be long forgotten and the Republicans will have had time to repair the damage done to their reputation by his administration. I think they're resigned to having another 4 to 8 years of a Democratic administration and possible congress, since the Supreme Court will (they hope) rule conservatively on any policies deemed too liberal.

Yeah, her "boyfriend". They are supposedly working a deal with Butina, I think they may have let that out so that he would see the writing on the wall and cooperate.

I love that it was Butina in the crowd who pitched the first question about Russian sanctions to candidate Trump.

I am visiting from Russia,” Butina said into the mic.
“Ahhhhh, Putin!” Trump interjected, prompting laughter from the audience as he added a mocking riff about the current president: “Good friend of Obama, Putin. He likes Obama a lot. Go ahead.”
“My question will be about foreign politics,” Butina continued. “If you will be elected as president, what will be your foreign politics especially in the relationships with my country? And do you want to continue the politics of sanctions that are damaging of both economy [sic]? Or you have any other ideas?”
After going off on Obama and digressing into trade policy, Trump responded: “I know Putin, and I’ll tell you what, we get along with Putin… I believe I would get along very nicely with Putin, OK? And I mean, where we have the strength. I don’t think you’d need the sanctions. I think we would get along very, very well

Gotta love it.

Back
Top Bottom