• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remember how the stock market would only go up under the former president?

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Well, the world is still fighting COVID and now is united against an invasion and slaughter by trump's genius against Ukraine and still...

1647997065817.png

It will rise, then fall, then rise, then fall, and Oval Office custodians will have little gross effect on the markets.

I wanted to say you could whittle away eternity listing all of Trumpism's WTFs, but eternity is a little too big for that. Yes, they have been completely full of shit for a long time. No, they're not gonna stop. Yes, that's yet another example of the full-of-shitness.

Remember, the market came crashing down, bigtime, under Trump. Just like employment.

And unlike most of the credit/blame assigned to presidents, he actually had a good deal to do with that.

Jan. 22: On whether he was worried about a pandemic: “No, we’re not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China.”
Feb. 7: “Nothing is easy, but [Chinese President Xi Jinping] … will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone.”
Feb. 10: “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.”
Feb. 28: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
March 6: “We did an interview on Fox last night, a town hall. I think it was very good. And I said: ‘Calm. You have to be calm. It’ll go away.' ”
March 9: “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, ‘The risk is low to the average American.’ ”
March 29: “So you’re talking about [worst-case scenarios of] 2.2 million deaths, 2.2 million people from this. And so if we could hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 — it’s a horrible number, maybe even less — but to 100,000. So we have between 100 and 200,000, and we altogether have done a very good job."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/12/trump-coronavirus-timeline/

Last edited:
Well, the world is still fighting COVID and now is united against an invasion and slaughter by trump's genius against Ukraine and still...
The markets do tend to respond to having confidence in the direction of the country and its leadership, and the climbing financial markets reveal that the economic cognoscenti do have confidence in the way things are going now.

Those financial markets certainly had confidence in Obama, who brought us out of the catastrophic bank failures and crash of '07-'08. Those same markets certainly had confidence in Trump up until the global pandemic hit, and those markets have no less confidence now in Biden, despite the lingering, ever morphing pandemic, and the war in Ukraine.

Since the entire financial system is built upon some gossamer, generally accepted fantasy to begin with, (because the value of everything is measured in money, and there is nothing that actually under-girds the value of money itself, . . . other than what people are willing to believe of it) then confidence alone is required to keep the economic zeppelin aloft. Whenever a lack of confidence permeates the markets, they suddenly turn into The Hindenburg. "OH THE HUMANITY . . ." 😱

Which is why FDR said during the Great Depression, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."

When you cut the capital gains tax, the market's going to go up. Duh. The fact that the lost tax dollars add to our debt meant nothing to Trump. Biden had a plan to raise the tax on the 1%. I'm not shocked it hasn't passed.

The stock market is not the economy.

I wanted to say you could whittle away eternity listing all of Trumpism's WTFs, but eternity is a little too big for that. Yes, they have been completely full of shit for a long time. No, they're not gonna stop. Yes, that's yet another example of the full-of-shitness.

And unlike most of the credit/blame assigned to presidents, he actually had a good deal to do with that.

Jan. 22: On whether he was worried about a pandemic: “No, we’re not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China.”
Feb. 7: “Nothing is easy, but [Chinese President Xi Jinping] … will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone.”
Feb. 10: “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.”
Feb. 28: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
March 6: “We did an interview on Fox last night, a town hall. I think it was very good. And I said: ‘Calm. You have to be calm. It’ll go away.' ”
March 9: “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, ‘The risk is low to the average American.’ ”
March 29: “So you’re talking about [worst-case scenarios of] 2.2 million deaths, 2.2 million people from this. And so if we could hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 — it’s a horrible number, maybe even less — but to 100,000. So we have between 100 and 200,000, and we altogether have done a very good job."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/12/trump-coronavirus-timeline/
LOL your usual word salad does not refute the OP, at all. Good job! :ROFLMAO:

LOL your usual word salad does not refute the OP, at all. Good job! :ROFLMAO:
i'm just disappointed that the stock market tanked since TFG isn't around anymore.

Back
Top Bottom