• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remember How Democrats Demanded A Withdrawal Timeline in Iraq?

NolaMan

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

While some Democrats continued to call for a time line, the vote on that issue was opposed 80-18, so clearly it was not very popular.

What I find interesting is the blatant flop-flopping from certain Senators, especially Senator Levin (D-Michigan). Take a look at what he had to say about the time line.

Interestingly enough, Senator Levin actually proposed a withdrawal time line for Iraq. He argued that his amendment did not establish a "timetable" for withdrawal, but would signal to the Iraqis that the U.S. deployment is not open-ended.

Others like Senator Jack Reed of Rhodes Island (who also voted against a time line, after proposing one with Levin for Iraq), commented during the debate over a Bush time line

I guess these Senators think it is only time for the "President to step up" when that President is a Republican, and apparently for both Senators, a time line is only important when a Republican is President.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

It would be astounding except this is pretty common in both parties.

It would be astounding except this is pretty common in both parties.

Don't disagree, but still need to point it out when I see it.

Washington has become the middle man to the corporat/MIC/investment/banking classes and our tax dollars.
They will sell you a canned turd if you will buy it, and finally after decades of lies the people have figured it out.
Do not unseat the party, unseat the fraud.... keep it up America, stop the elitest because they would rather rule over hell then serve in heaven.

I dont take issue with the criminals in DC that sold the lies of timelines, and pull outs, i knew it was political bull****, i take issue with the idiots down here at the ground level that apologize for it.

Back
Top Bottom