• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remaking Rutland with Refugees

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here’s a good article on the methodology in place for remaking the ethnic mix in the US ... just slightly under the radar. The results will not be apparent for a few years - the current administration will be long gone.

The character of the city of Rutland, Vermont is facing major change. Nestled in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont, it is an unsuspecting city targeted for refugee resettlement. After being kept in the dark since their mayor’s unilateral decision to accept 100 Syrian and Iraqi refugees in October, Rutland citizens should investigate the threatening impact that refugee resettlement has on their own public security, economic stability and community health before it’s too late.

The VRRP has not openly disclosed its proposed resettlement abstract to Rutland. Such abstracts list the targeted town’s available facilities and amenities, such as subsidized housing, mental health facilities, and public schooling, for the refugees. Exposing the contents of the abstract prior to resettling or “seeding” refugees (a term coined by a resettlement agency) is a cause of great concern for the agency, as it would shake some sense into the citizens of Rutland and most likely prevent refugee resettlement. Concerned citizens should ask for full disclosure of the abstract now.

Articles: Remaking Rutland with Refugees

Last edited:
A big difference in immigration these days, is that the people aren't coming over one by one or a family at a time and resettling wherever they can find a place they like.

Nope.........this plan is a Forcing of immigrants into communities, by the 9 federally appointed groups. They are told where to settle and the communities are being conned...by the obama Regime!

obama and his handlers are transforming America, the way they want, to satisfy the New World Order assholes!

Last edited:
A big difference in immigration these days, is that the people aren't coming over one by one or a family at a time and resettling wherever they can find a place they like.

Nope.........this plan is a Forcing of immigrants into communities, by the 9 federally appointed groups. They are told where to settle and the communities are being conned...by the obama Regime!

:lamo :lamo Rutland is going to be just fine. Quit with your xenophobic fear mongering bull****.

Interesting Bit of Legislative History – McCarran-Walter Act of 1952...It's been law for over 60 years....

Trump was recently severely criticized for suggesting that the U.S. should limit or temporarily suspend the immigration of certain ethnic groups, nationalities, and even people of certain religions (Muslims). The criticisms condemned such a suggestion as, among other things, being “Un-American,” dumb, stupid, reckless, dangerous and racist. Congressmen and Senators swore that they would never allow such legislation, and the president called such a prohibition on immigration unconstitutional.

As Gomer Pyle would say, “Surprise, Surprise !” It seems that the selective immigration ban is already law and has been applied on several occasions.
Known as the McCarran-Walter Act, the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 allows for the "Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by president. Whenever the president finds that the entry of aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, the president may, by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”

The act was utilized by Jimmy Carter, no less, in 1979 to keep Iranians out of the United States, but he actually did more. He made all Iranian students already here check in, and then he deported a bunch. Seven thousand were found in violation of their visas, 15,000 Iranians were forced to leave the United States in 1979.

It is of note that the act requires that an applicant for immigration must be of good moral character and "attached to the principles of the Constitution.”

Since the Quran forbids Muslims to swear allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, technically, all Muslims should be refused immigration.

Authenticated at:
U.S. Immigration Legislation: 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act (McCarran-Walter Act)

I remember when Carter did that and thought...damn, first thing he has done of any value! In retrospect....about the only thing.

:lamo :lamo Rutland is going to be just fine. Quit with your xenophobic fear mongering bull****.

Quit your damn flaunting of American security and pandering to that turd in the WH!!! :2mad::2mad:

Stop the insanity of obama and Vote Trump!

It's WRONG ................and you KNOW it's Wrong!!!!

A big difference in immigration these days, is that the people aren't coming over one by one or a family at a time and resettling wherever they can find a place they like. Nope.........this plan is a Forcing of immigrants into communities, by the 9 federally appointed groups. They are told where to settle and the communities are being conned...by the Obama Regime! Obama and his handlers are transforming America, the way they want, to satisfy the New World Order assholes!

Oh yes a YUUUUGE difference in immigration... back in the 'good ol' days when immigrants came to Ellis island one family at a time, one family per steam ship, one family seeking a place wherever they could... :roll:

Now reality- the immigrants came by the tens of thousands, packed into steerage on anything that could cross the ocean. Thousands on Ellis Island where they were 'sponsored' by 'charities' and businesses to farm out the families as indentured workers to factories, farms and other 'native' Americans seeking cheap labor.

now about Rutland, Vt. it has a population of roughly 16,000 so 100 refugees is far less than back in the heyday of immigration, not going to 'swamp' the town...

now back to the typical running around with your hair on fire, ranting about the 'New World Order' (a BushI term IIRC)... :peace

Unless you happen to live in Rutland, that's probably not your decision to make.

That's the point.

Quit your damn flaunting of American security and pandering to that turd in the WH!!! :2mad::2mad:
:lamo
“The United States has resettled 784,000 refugees since September 11, 2001. In those 14 years, exactly three resettled refugees have been arrested for planning terrorist activities—and it is worth noting two were not planning an attack in the United States and the plans of the third were barely credible" This Chart Is The Perfect Rebuttal To Governors Who Won’t Take In Syrian Refugees

Yes... Because Trump is seriously sane.... :lamo

:yawn:

Unless you happen to live in Rutland, that's probably not your decision to make.

That's the point.

Its not my decision to make if Rutland isnt going to be fine?

No, it won't be "just fine". There are issues which will negatively impact the community when these people are force here. Things like the struggle to integrate into a community, cultural conflicts, increased numbers of people on "assistance" who don't speak English. All of these things create negative results for a community. If Rutland is truly going to be a place where these refugees are going to be resettled, then they need to be ready for it, made aware that they are coming and have formed plans for addressing the issues that will come with them.

The refugees also need to be educated on how to function in an American society. They need to understand that a lot of what they think of as normal is not acceptable here and a lot of what they consider unacceptable is normal here. They need to be taught that they need to integrate with the community and not expect that the community conform to them. I doubt that this education will happen and we'll end up with conflicts between refugees and Rutlanders (???).

No, it won't be "just fine". There are issues which will negatively impact the community when these people are force here. Things like the struggle to integrate into a community, cultural conflicts, increased numbers of people on "assistance" who don't speak English. All of these things create negative results for a community. If Rutland is truly going to be a place where these refugees are going to be resettled, then they need to be ready for it, made aware that they are coming and have formed plans for addressing the issues that will come with them.
You realize we have taken in over 700,000 refugees since 9/11, many of them coming from Middle Eastern countries? I think Rutland will be just fine....

The refugees also need to be educated on how to function in an American society. They need to understand that a lot of what they think of as normal is not acceptable here and a lot of what they consider unacceptable is normal here. They need to be taught that they need to integrate with the community and not expect that the community conform to them. I doubt that this education will happen and we'll end up with conflicts between refugees and Rutlanders (???).
They do. During the 2+ year long resettlement process they go through cultural classes.

You're correct. Leave it up to Rutland citizens to make that decision.

Lets see what Rutland thinks about it then shall we?

1.)The Mayor of Rutland voluntarily offered to come up with a program for resettlement in Rutland. Noone was forced by the federal government
2.)"Roughly 150 people packed into the Unitarian Universalist Church Wednesday to find out how they could help the Syrian and Iraqi refugees who begin arriving in Rutland in October." Refugee program readies for arrivals  : Rutland Herald Online
3.)Board of Aldermen President William Notte echoed: “As someone whose family came to Rutland City as part of the great wave of Italian immigration I look forward to warmly welcoming these new arrivals, who will serve to make Rutland more culturally rich while joining us as one strong supportive community. My family has benefited immensely generation to generation from the opportunity to set down roots in Rutland and I feel it is incredibly important to pay back that privilege by paving the way for others to share in the American Dream.”... Rutland Regional Medical Center President Tom Huebner also offered the prospect of jobs for refugees, as well as medical support for “all Americans, even the new ones.” Carol Tashie, a community leader and farmer, expressed her pride in Rutland. “As much as we will be helping these refugees, their presence will benefit the entire region by adding to the flavor and energy of our neighborhoods and stoking our economic engines. I’ve always known Rutland has a big heart and today we’re demonstrating our heart in a most remarkable way!” Rutland welcomes 100 Syrian refugees - The Mountain Times
4.)Gil Nell, a retiree from Rutland, was picking up a book at the library. He says he’s proud Rutland will be home to the first. “There’s the obvious concerns about who might be with them, but you have to go beyond that,” said Nell. “The good will always outweigh the bad. You've got to go on that.”. “Canada recently started bringing in refugees, and watching it across the border I was wondering why Canada can do it and we can’t. And I thought it was overdue," Smathers said. "I think it’s a great thing.” 100 Syrian Refugees Are Headed To Rutland | Vermont Public Radio

Lets see what Rutland thinks about it then shall we?

1.)The Mayor of Rutland voluntarily offered to come up with a program for resettlement in Rutland. Noone was forced by the federal government
2.)"Roughly 150 people packed into the Unitarian Universalist Church Wednesday to find out how they could help the Syrian and Iraqi refugees who begin arriving in Rutland in October." Refugee program readies for arrivals *:*Rutland Herald Online
3.)Board of Aldermen President William Notte echoed: “As someone whose family came to Rutland City as part of the great wave of Italian immigration I look forward to warmly welcoming these new arrivals, who will serve to make Rutland more culturally rich while joining us as one strong supportive community. My family has benefited immensely generation to generation from the opportunity to set down roots in Rutland and I feel it is incredibly important to pay back that privilege by paving the way for others to share in the American Dream.”... Rutland Regional Medical Center President Tom Huebner also offered the prospect of jobs for refugees, as well as medical support for “all Americans, even the new ones.” Carol Tashie, a community leader and farmer, expressed her pride in Rutland. “As much as we will be helping these refugees, their presence will benefit the entire region by adding to the flavor and energy of our neighborhoods and stoking our economic engines. I’ve always known Rutland has a big heart and today we’re demonstrating our heart in a most remarkable way!” Rutland welcomes 100 Syrian refugees - The Mountain Times
4.)Gil Nell, a retiree from Rutland, was picking up a book at the library. He says he’s proud Rutland will be home to the first. “There’s the obvious concerns about who might be with them, but you have to go beyond that,” said Nell. “The good will always outweigh the bad. You've got to go on that.”. “Canada recently started bringing in refugees, and watching it across the border I was wondering why Canada can do it and we can’t. And I thought it was overdue," Smathers said. "I think it’s a great thing.” 100 Syrian Refugees Are Headed To Rutland | Vermont Public Radio

Fine with me if that's their choice.

Its not my decision to make if Rutland isnt going to be fine?

That is correct, it is not your decision, it is your opinion that they will be fine.

What should happen here is that this decision should not be made by the mayor/alderman. The city should put it to a vote. Let the locals decide if they want to travel this path. Then if it blows up or succeeds, it's all on them.

That is correct, it is not your decision, it is your opinion that they will be fine.
Thats why I asked the question. It is my opinion.

What should happen here is that this decision should not be made by the mayor/alderman. The city should put it to a vote. Let the locals decide if they want to travel this path. Then if it blows up or succeeds, it's all on them.
1.)We are mainly an representative democracy. They elected the mayor to make such decisions, do they not?
2.)If they want to petition the govenrment (use a way of direct democracy) I'm sure there is such ways to do so. And a quick google search finds there is a way and has already began: Rutland Residents Petition and Embrace Syrian Refugee Program -

Were you being funny...

...or did you just not proofread what you wrote before posting it?

1.)We are mainly an representative democracy. They elected the mayor to make such decisions, do they not?
2.)If they want to petition the govenrment (use a way of direct democracy) I'm sure there is such ways to do so. And a quick google search finds there is a way and has already began: Rutland Residents Petition and Embrace Syrian Refugee Program -

1. Mayors, like all politicans, will eventually turn their backs on the people who voted for them and do what they want instead of what voters want.
2. Many Germans were "embracing" refugees with flowers, waving banners and cheering too. Fast forward a few months, with sexual assaults and general crime having skyrocketed...i'm betting my entire bank account many of those have changed their opinions since then.

At the local level are the people and a more direct democracy. That's why the Constitution doesn't mention local government, instead referring to the States and the People. According to all the articles on the matter the folks welcoming this refugee dump number less than 200 (the mayor being one of them) - that's out of a population of 16K.

1. Mayors, like all politicans, will eventually turn their backs on the people who voted for them and do what they want instead of what voters want.

They do NOT "turn their backs" on them...but they do what they want. That is why they are elected...to do what they want.

NO ONE can "do what the people want"...because half the people WANT what the other half hate.

Why some people cannot understand that is beyond me.

They do NOT "turn their backs" on them...but they do what they want. That is why they are elected...to do what they want.

NO ONE can "do what the people want"...because half the people WANT what the other half hate.

Why some people cannot understand that is beyond me.

Lets start by putting a few hundred of them on Martha's Vineyard, or another 5,000 on Cape Cod. I'll bet the entire idea will go the way of Kennedy's wind farm.

1.)Is there really any evidence that this was an overwhelming unpopular decision?
2.)There are two models of representation when it comes to representative democracy. There is a trustee model of representation where the electorate elects representatives to represent them on their behalf even if the decisions are not popular because of the "greater common good". And then there is the delegate model of representation where the electorate elects representatives to carry out decisions that are only popular with the electorate. In reality however almost all elected officials use a bit of both

2. Many Germans were "embracing" refugees with flowers, waving banners and cheering too. Fast forward a few months, with sexual assaults and general crime having skyrocketed...i'm betting my entire bank account many of those have changed their opinions since then.
Why do many on the right always try to compare two incredibly different refugee resettlement programs?

At the local level are the people and a more direct democracy.
There is more opportunity for direct democracy but most/if not close to all, use a form of representative democracy. That is why there is a board of aldermen in Rutland and a Mayor.

That's why the Constitution doesn't mention local government, instead referring to the States and the People.
This has little to nothing to do with the US Constitution.

According to all the articles on the matter the folks welcoming this refugee dump number less than 200 (the mayor being one of them) - that's out of a population of 16K.
You have a poll to back this up?

Here’s a good article on the methodology in place for remaking the ethnic mix in the US ... just slightly under the radar. The results will not be apparent for a few years - the current administration will be long gone.

The character of the city of Rutland, Vermont is facing major change. Nestled in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont, it is an unsuspecting city targeted for refugee resettlement. After being kept in the dark since their mayor’s unilateral decision to accept 100 Syrian and Iraqi refugees in October, Rutland citizens should investigate the threatening impact that refugee resettlement has on their own public security, economic stability and community health before it’s too late.

The VRRP has not openly disclosed its proposed resettlement abstract to Rutland. Such abstracts list the targeted town’s available facilities and amenities, such as subsidized housing, mental health facilities, and public schooling, for the refugees. Exposing the contents of the abstract prior to resettling or “seeding” refugees (a term coined by a resettlement agency) is a cause of great concern for the agency, as it would shake some sense into the citizens of Rutland and most likely prevent refugee resettlement. Concerned citizens should ask for full disclosure of the abstract now.

Articles: Remaking Rutland with Refugees

We should be bringing in more well educated people from all over the world. That might change the composition of the population, but it would also increase a healthy kind of diversity.

Back
Top Bottom