• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Religious Persons Need Not . . . . The New PC Bigotry

Has The Media gone to far regarding Religious Affiliations?

• No

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Ms Barrett is a type: bright, ambitious, obedient, hard working, pleasant, intelligent but limited in intellect to what her groomers allow her to experience. Unfortunately her life experience consists almost entirely of a narrow, controlled and limiting religion. She will not understand people outside of her own limiting experience. They will not be people with different lives, but similar rights to be protected by the Constitution. She will see them as wrong or base. She is not a Scalia. He was not a limited person.
Wow, you must be a mind reader, able to tell at a glance what other people are capable of thinking.. But she sure doesn't appear to have a "limited" intellect. She sure made Klubashur look foolish and intellectually inferior. Of course, a huge intellect like yours would be qualified to judge her. That's a given. Keep up the good work.

Wow, you must be a mind reader, able to tell at a glance what other people are capable of thinking.. But she sure doesn't appear to have a "limited" intellect. She sure made Klubashur look foolish and intellectually inferior. Of course, a huge intellect like yours would be qualified to judge her. That's a given. Keep up the good work.

Intellect is the wrong word, you're right. Experience. is a better word.. She reminds me of Mitt Romney. Remember when he advised students to just borrow from their parents to start a business. Ms Barrett has that same lack of knowledge about people outside her social culture.

Intellect is the wrong word, you're right. Experience. is a better word.. She reminds me of Mitt Romney. Remember when he advised students to just borrow from their parents to start a business. Ms Barrett has that same lack of knowledge about people outside her social culture.
How has she demonstrated any lack of awareness of other cultures? Please be specific. Groundless charges and/or generalities just aren't valid in a logic based discussion. Perhaps you could give examples of things she's said that show her lack of awareness? In a diversified urban culture like ours, unless you live under a rock in some small rural community, you have awareness of other cultures. Hasn't she been a college instructor? Hasn't she lived in the big city? You could change my mind about her, but you'll have to do better than what you've presented so far.

She isn't a real Catholic...real Catholics aren't members of weird Charismatic groups that resemble Pentecostal Holiness groups

What does this other group believe that's contrary to Catholicism?

There is about my garbage! I have the best garbage! Nobody knew how great garbage could be until they saw my garbage!
You're all about the garbage, no doubt about that :)

How has she demonstrated any lack of awareness of other cultures? Please be specific. Groundless charges and/or generalities just aren't valid in a logic based discussion. Perhaps you could give examples of things she's said that show her lack of awareness? In a diversified urban culture like ours, unless you live under a rock in some small rural community, you have awareness of other cultures. Hasn't she been a college instructor? Hasn't she lived in the big city? You could change my mind about her, but you'll have to do better than what you've presented so far.

Amy Barrett is an extremely intelligent and accomplished women. People of Praise expect women to be educated, to take positions of leadership guided by “heads”., and to use their leadership to bring about the Kingdom of God. She expressed this mission to her students as the only way to true happiness and in terms that implied they had already committed to it. 1. Use you talents to build the Kingdom of God. 2. Don’t ask what situation is good for you. Ask how you would best serve God. 3. Give 10% of your earnings to God.

The People of Praise sign a covenant with God. The covenant, unlike the tenets of the Catholic Church, are secret. It is clear from her comments that Ms Barrett's commitment to building the Kingdom of God is engrained and steadfast But, she will be sitting on a secular court making judgements about secular law.

From Scotusblog comes evidence of decision making that indicates the Kingdom of God is overwhelmingly in favor of big corporations, against governmental regulations on business and very much against the rights of employees or unions. It is possible that she could overturn many laws that protect workers from the massive power of multinational corporations, many of which now are more powerful than the countries they reside in and are wagging the dog.

IssueIdeology.png

https://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/IssueIdeology.png

She dissented from the majority opinion in her one 2nd amendment case, Kanter vs Barr. The court upheld the states right to deny convicted felons gun ownership. Amy Barrett wrote a detailed 36 page dissent to the 27 page judgement. She claimed that at the time of the country’s founding legislatures took away the gun rights of people who were believed to be dangerous. But the laws at the heart of Kanter’s case were too broad because they ban felons convicted of non-violent crime from having a gun without any evidence that they pose a risk. Barrett stressed that the Second Amendment "confers an individual right, intimately connected with the natural right of self-defense and not limited to civic participation’.” and unless the state can prove beyond doubt that the person will be a danger to the public they should be allowed to own and carry firearms.

Amy Barrett is an extremely intelligent and accomplished women. People of Praise expect women to be educated, to take positions of leadership guided by “heads”., and to use their leadership to bring about the Kingdom of God. She expressed this mission to her students as the only way to true happiness and in terms that implied they had already committed to it. 1. Use you talents to build the Kingdom of God. 2. Don’t ask what situation is good for you. Ask how you would best serve God. 3. Give 10% of your earnings to God.

The People of Praise sign a covenant with God. The covenant, unlike the tenets of the Catholic Church, are secret. It is clear from her comments that Ms Barrett's commitment to building the Kingdom of God is engrained and steadfast But, she will be sitting on a secular court making judgements about secular law.

From Scotusblog comes evidence of decision making that indicates the Kingdom of God is overwhelmingly in favor of big corporations, against governmental regulations on business and very much against the rights of employees or unions. It is possible that she could overturn many laws that protect workers from the massive power of multinational corporations, many of which now are more powerful than the countries they reside in and are wagging the dog.

View attachment 67300048
https://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/IssueIdeology.png

She dissented from the majority opinion in her one 2nd amendment case, Kanter vs Barr. The court upheld the states right to deny convicted felons gun ownership. Amy Barrett wrote a detailed 36 page dissent to the 27 page judgement. She claimed that at the time of the country’s founding legislatures took away the gun rights of people who were believed to be dangerous. But the laws at the heart of Kanter’s case were too broad because they ban felons convicted of non-violent crime from having a gun without any evidence that they pose a risk. Barrett stressed that the Second Amendment "confers an individual right, intimately connected with the natural right of self-defense and not limited to civic participation’.” and unless the state can prove beyond doubt that the person will be a danger to the public they should be allowed to own and carry firearms.
The one piece of direst evidence is her support of Second Amendment rights for non-violent offenders who pose no danger of violence to society. That seems reasonable to me. The chart is simply implying she might think that way. I personally know Catholics who disagree with the church on many issues but are still Catholics. Many even support the right to choose. So I doubt every member agrees 100% with that chart. If you have any more direct evidence, quotations, writings, etc., I'd love to see it. And as I do with most people, I prefer judge what she's actually said.

The one piece of direst evidence is her support of Second Amendment rights for non-violent offenders who pose no danger of violence to society. That seems reasonable to me. The chart is simply implying she might think that way. I personally know Catholics who disagree with the church on many issues but are still Catholics. Many even support the right to choose. So I doubt every member agrees 100% with that chart. If you have any more direct evidence, quotations, writings, etc., I'd love to see it. And as I do with most people, I prefer judge what she's actually said.

Since the chart from Scotusblog is quite specific about Ms. Barrett's decisions I sense your interest in this subject is refuting criticism of Ms Barrett and not "loving to see more direct evidence, writings, etc". All of the cases she has been involved in can be viewed on the internet if you are interested.

Last edited:
The New, PC Approved, Bigotry.
Religious persons.

No Longer about Jews, Buddhist, but now inclusive of
TOO CHRISTIAN. Regardless of branch.
Too Catholic. Too Mormon. Too . Too. Too. and so we witness.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/high-court-nominee-served-handmaid-180254678.html

High court nominee served as 'handmaid' in religious group

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett served as a “handmaid,” the term then used for high-ranking female leaders in the People of Praise religious community, an old directory for the group's members shows.

Barrett has thus far refused to discuss her membership in the Christian organization, which opposes abortion and, according to former members, holds that men are divinely ordained as the “head” of both the family and faith, while it is the duty of wives to submit to them. . . . . .

Hasn't religious affiliation gone too far?
One's religious affiliations use to be private in :usflag:
What happened?

I remember there was concern the first
Roman Catholic President would leak secrets to The Vatican

Has the media gone too far?

Moi

It's simple, actually. If someone takes the sky daddy thing too serious, they are obviously stupid.

It's one thing to have some faith in some unknowable things. It's a whole different story, however, when that someone builds their whole life around the magic man in the sky. Of course, people are free to be stupid all day. But, they should not be in any position to tell any of the rest of us what to do.

It's simple, actually. If someone takes the sky daddy thing too serious, they are obviously stupid.

It's one thing to have some faith in some unknowable things. It's a whole different story, however, when that someone builds their whole life around the magic man in the sky. Of course, people are free to be stupid all day. But, they should not be in any position to tell any of the rest of us what to do.

Yet we had 2 terms of Bush, Jr.

Go figure.

If I were a member of a group that practiced the belief that men were to be subservient to women would I be a good pick for the SC? Any objections? I promise I wouldn't let it influence my vote........lol..........She's just not a good fit, but they will push her in there anyway because Trump needs to win this election some way.

I'd say most people like good hearted christians. It's the fake christians that people despise. And you guys know who you are.
There's Classic Christianity and then there's the CRCs (con-servative republican christians).

I'd say most people like good hearted christians. It's the fake christians that people despise. And you guys know who you are.
I don't presume to know if someone is a real or fake Christian. I leave stuff like that to God. I don't approve of people forcing their religion on their fellow citizens. That includes making their personal reproductive decisions for them.

I don't presume to know if someone is a real or fake Christian. I leave stuff like that to God. I don't approve of people forcing their religion on their fellow citizens. That includes making their personal reproductive decisions for them.
it's stuff like using religion to segregate and using religion to hate that a ton of Americans have a problem with.

The religious people should accept that it is perfectly legitimate to scrutinize if their religious beliefs affect their choices as life-appointed judges in the secular sphere. If they do, then they should not be appointed judges. Again, the issue is not what one does in his religious activities. Obviously, nobody can be denied a government position based on his/her religious ( and often anachronistic and misogynistic ) beliefs. The issue is if a future judge can still honor the basic principle of seperation between the state nd religion.

Also, if we cut the crap and we are honest with ourselves, we should accept that in ambiguity (often present in legal issues) personal bias does affect a person's decisions. And everybody is biased to some degree based on his personal experience. So, it is disturbing to see that with Barret, six of the nine judges have a common Catholic background.

If Barrett joins, Supreme Court would have six Catholics

A Supreme Court should have judges that come from different sections of the American life

Religious persons.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett served as a “handmaid,” the term then used for high-ranking female leaders in the People of Praise religious community, an old directory for the group's members shows.

Barrett has thus far refused to discuss her membership in the Christian organization, which opposes abortion and, according to former members, holds that men are divinely ordained as the “head” of both the family and faith, while it is the duty of wives to submit to them. . . . . .

What happened?

Moi

The left is not opposing Barrett because of her religion. The left opposes her because she is a President Trump appointee. Ginsburg didn't have the decency to live a few more months when possibly a new LW administration would have made the choice. Now Barrett will be a SCOTUS judge and not a thing the left can do about it.

5 of the 9 judges are Catholic,

I don't think the media, at least the big corporate media, ever goes far enough down the road of examining the failings of our society and presenting them for the public.

That includes not examining religious organizations, if not religions themselves, enough.

But is by no means limited to it.

Religious persons.

What happened?

Moi

well religious litmus tests are unconstitutional.

Back
Top Bottom