• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Religious music.

Laila

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
List/show us your favourites :)

Some of mine

This one always gets me in tears.

I'm actually fond of the old Moody hymnal songs (Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art), but I also like gospel-bluegrass and some of the modern stuff too.

I like these by Nichole C Mullen:

I'm actually fond of the old Moody hymnal songs (Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art), but I also like gospel-bluegrass and some of the modern stuff too.

You stole my favorite. :)

I also love these:

And this one always gets me energized:

List/show us your favourites :)

Some of mine

The second song is really good. I listen to some music from Asia, and this is good stuff.

My wife said who knew, lol.

Good music is good music, so I have always loved the Indian rhythms with the sitar being my favorite instrument. Ravi Shankar and his daughter are awesome.

Last edited:
It's not surprising that a lot of good music is religious when you consider how central religion has been to so many people and civilizations, and the emotional impact religion can have.

Never really was one for the traditional religious music... :mrgreen:

I really like those especially the second one. Religious music tends to be my favourite :)

Last edited:
I can listen to this song on repeat and I do

Amazing Grace is one of the prettiest songs I know. And I agree about some gospel music. The really energetic, very black stuff. It's awesome.

Not being religious, the closest I get to religious music is early blues, and some songs descended from such, this one being a favourite.

Back
Top Bottom