• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Religion vs. Party

Party to Worship Ratio

• I am Republican-Church every Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am Democrat-Church every Sunday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I am Neither-Church every Sunday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I am Republican-Church once in awhile

• I am Democrat-Church once in awhile

• I am Neither-Church once in awhile

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I am Republican-No Church

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I am Democrat-No Church

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I am Neither-No Church

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Other-My comments are below

• Total voters

tecoyah

Illusionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I am interested in the corellation between Worship and Party....might be interesting to see the results.

So which one are you tecoyah? I am democrat with no church.

I was raised Catholic and practiced my religion into my early 30's. I am now 37 and am an atheist.

aps said:
So which one are you tecoyah? I am democrat with no church.

I was raised Catholic and practiced my religion into my early 30's. I am now 37 and am an atheist.

I have no party...Am Pagan, though I do attend a unitarian congregation on occasion. I too was raised Catholic, studied the Vedas...a bit of the Qur'an...and a few others. I am 39 and Married with three kids.

tecoyah said:
I have no party...Am Pagan, though I do attend a unitarian congregation on occasion. I too was raised Catholic, studied the Vedas...a bit of the Qur'an...and a few others. I am 39 and Married with three kids.

Interesting. So what religion are you teaching your children? Is your wife Pagan too?

(My husband is Jewish and if we have kids, they will be raised Jewish.)

I'm a democrat (& Green) who goes to church (Christian Church - Disciples of Christ) every week.

aps said:
Interesting. So what religion are you teaching your children? Is your wife Pagan too?

(My husband is Jewish and if we have kids, they will be raised Jewish.)

Yes...my Sweet Harpie is also Pagan. We homeschool our children ,and part of that includes Religion. Thus far we have gone thru Roman/Greek mythology, and are now on the King James version of Christian Scripture. As they become more versed in the basics, we intend to work into the Torah, the Vedas, and the Qur'an (we own copies of all these, and several more). Niether of us really care what religion the Kids choose, short of a cult, as we feel it really no ill effect on who they become.

In my opinion I see too many of our leaders hiding behing their religion (or lack there of) when it comes to politics. Either way your beliefs go I think it is very dangerous to be anything other than indifferent to religion when it comes to making laws.

Anyone who tries to change the definition of conservative to accomodate their political attitude is taking a neoconservatist approach. The left may have you believe that all Cons are bible-thumpers, while in fact some may be, they all most definitely are not. Vis'aVis, The right may have you believe that all liberals are atheist, while in fact some may be, they all most definitely are not.

That's a bad thing, me thinks, to have a party affiliation semantically be perceived as a religious affiliation. It's bad politics and bad religion.

Back
Top Bottom