• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Religion : the downfall of humanity.

Paralogic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Parmenides explained reality as well as he could... 500 BCE... then all Western thought was plunged into a tar pit of religion... and we still have not been able to come out of it.

Humans are not relevant to reality, we know that much, but without religion we would be in a so much better place in understanding the universe.

Physics and Cosmology have come a long way to get rid of superstition and show us what reality is. I hope for the best in the next 200 years.

Parmenides explained reality as well as he could... 500 BCE... then all Western thought was plunged into a tar pit of religion... and we still have not been able to come out of it.

Humans are not relevant to reality, we know that much, but without religion we would be in a so much better place in understanding the universe.

Physics and Cosmology have come a long way to get rid of superstition and show us what reality is. I hope for the best in the next 200 years.
Never happen. First of all, evolution is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind because it lowers man to the level of animals. Second, without G-d, nothing can exist. Sorry, but your Communist brainwashing does not match the divine power of G-d.

Never happen. First of all, evolution is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind because it lowers man to the level of animals. Second, without G-d, nothing can exist. Sorry, but your Communist brainwashing does not match the divine power of G-d.

We are though. And rather nasty animals at that.

I don't get it. If there is the way of truth and the way of opinion and we should always follow the way of the truth wouldn't that be his opinion? What is philosophy except the way of opinion? Is philosophy, or any other opinion based ideology any different from a religion? Religion is just something held onto by faith and with ardor, as Parmenides' opinion seems to be.

Because of man's willful disobedience against a loving G-d, we are born with a natural desire to do wrong. Only through the shed blood of Messiah can that RELATIONSHIP with G-d be restored.

I don't get it. If there is the way of truth and the way of opinion and we should always follow the way of the truth wouldn't that be his opinion? What is philosophy except the way of opinion? Is philosophy, or any other opinion based ideology any different from a religion? Religion is just something held onto by faith and with ardor, as Parmenides' opinion seems to be.
Problem is religion is man's effort to try to make it to G-d. But one thing gets in the way, sin.

Because of man's willful disobedience against a loving G-d, we are born with a natural desire to do wrong. Only through the shed blood of Messiah can that RELATIONSHIP with G-d be restored.

That doesn't change the fact the humans are animals, albeit highly intelligent ones.

Yeah? Communism has a proven track record of atrocities against Christians. And how well is the Soviet Union doing.... Oh wait!!!!

Christianity has a proven track record of atrocities against Communists

Amazing that your dogma doesn't even let you spell out the word "god". What semantic silliness. Like you won't get to heaven for typing out the dreaded "o"?

Fables, fantasies and faith, they destroy the mind.

(oh, and evolution is established science and proven fact versus a 2000 year old book of fables written for iron age nomads)

Newsflash. Humans ARE animals.

And Evolution is a scientific fact. It's not a hoax.

Many of our ancestors had to bridge an agricultural energy deficit before they could afford to really spend time contemplating their existence. Those cultures that successfully harnessed other people's labour to free themselves from that toil managed to throw up some great minds but, the general population was a little too busy to join them; They had religion as shorthand to make sense of things and accept their lot so, I don't judge them to harshly.

It is those people in modern times that are free of the shackles and persist in lazy thinking that are wasting our time and energy.

Newsflash. Humans ARE animals.

And Evolution is a scientific fact. It's not a hoax.

It's worse than that TG!! Humans are also Hominoidea, Homo, Sapiens, Primates, Mammalia, Chordata etc.

What a sad little comment.

I think it a mistake to call any animal, HS included, nice or nasty. We all are as we have evolved to be. When my dog chases a cat I say 'bad dog'. She looks at me in amazement thinking 'But that's what we dogs do, you dope'.

There are no gods. We do know that much, at least.

Christianity has a proven track record of atrocities against ...

... any other human that did not look like the ones that perceived of themselves as superior... because Christianity defines who is superior and who is inferior that needs and has to be exploited!

There are no gods. We do know that much, at least.

Actually, we don't know for 100% certainty if there is a God or not. But there certainly hasn't been any credible evidence to prove one's existence.

Actually, we don't know for 100% certainty if there is a God or not. But there certainly hasn't been any credible evidence to prove one's existence.

We do know that there are no gods, because we do know gods is a human mental wishful thinking, and we also do know that reality does not depend on human wishful thinking.

There are no gods.

Back
Top Bottom