• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Religion : the downfall of humanity.

... evolution is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind ...

By who?

Reason is infallible ... if you reject reason, then your statements are just moronic drivel.

We do know that there are no gods, because we do know gods is a human mental wishful thinking, and we also do know that reality does not depend on human wishful thinking.

There are no gods.

Fair enough.

Many of our ancestors had to bridge an agricultural energy deficit before they could afford to really spend time contemplating their existence. Those cultures that successfully harnessed other people's labour to free themselves from that toil managed to throw up some great minds but, the general population was a little too busy to join them; They had religion as shorthand to make sense of things and accept their lot so, I don't judge them to harshly.

It is those people in modern times that are free of the shackles and persist in lazy thinking that are wasting our time and energy.

1, You said that you don't judge slave owners too harshly.

2, You think very badly. Your arguments are generally very poor.

There are no gods. We do know that much, at least.

Give it a break.

You don't KNOW that...and to suggest that WE do...is an absurdity.

I have no problem with you blindly guessing there are no gods in REALITY...but you ought really to stop pretending it is about knowledge.

I think it a mistake to call any animal, HS included, nice or nasty. We all are as we have evolved to be. When my dog chases a cat I say 'bad dog'. She looks at me in amazement thinking 'But that's what we dogs do, you dope'.

True. That's a valid point.

Since people have evolved a higher level of intelligence, however, there's a level of malice which sometimes exists which doesn't exist in other species.

It sure takes one cool God to make such a nasty animal, huh?

Humans can be good or bad---the potential exists in everyone.

It's just a lot of people have used their free will to commit atrocities.

We do know that there are no gods, because we do know gods is a human mental wishful thinking, and we also do know that reality does not depend on human wishful thinking.

There are no gods.

You don't know squat about that. You act like you know everything there is to know in the universe on the subject of God, but you don't.

Another cretinous post telling me what I know I didn't say?

Never happen. First of all, evolution is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind because it lowers man to the level of animals. Second, without G-d, nothing can exist. Sorry, but your Communist brainwashing does not match the divine power of G-d.

Actually, in a lot of cases, I'd say animals are above the levels of humans.

Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post

Another cretinous post telling me what I know I didn't say?

You said;

Many of our ancestors had to bridge an agricultural energy deficit before they could afford to really spend time contemplating their existence. Those cultures that successfully harnessed other people's labour to free themselves from that toil managed to throw up some great minds but, the general population was a little too busy to join them; They had religion as shorthand to make sense of things and accept their lot so, I don't judge them to harshly.

It is those people in modern times that are free of the shackles and persist in lazy thinking that are wasting our time and energy.

This is what I mean when I say your arguments are very poor. Your inability to understand that what you have said here is recorded and can be quoted back to you makes plain your lack of internal honesty.

Wow.

You bought into that nonsense just after he asserted that reason is infallible?
Nope. I just didn't want to argue the point any further.

'Fair enough' wasn't the right choice of words in that conversation, so my mistake for incorrectly using that terminology.

Parmenides explained reality as well as he could... 500 BCE... then all Western thought was plunged into a tar pit of religion... and we still have not been able to come out of it.

Humans are not relevant to reality, we know that much, but without religion we would be in a so much better place in understanding the universe.

Physics and Cosmology have come a long way to get rid of superstition and show us what reality is. I hope for the best in the next 200 years.

If it was in your power, would you take religion out of the lives of everyone in the world?

... any other human that did not look like the ones that perceived of themselves as superior... because Christianity defines who is superior and who is inferior that needs and has to be exploited!

hey now theres no need for all this anti-semitism

Parmenides explained reality as well as he could... 500 BCE... then all Western thought was plunged into a tar pit of religion... and we still have not been able to come out of it.

Humans are not relevant to reality, we know that much, but without religion we would be in a so much better place in understanding the universe.

Physics and Cosmology have come a long way to get rid of superstition and show us what reality is. I hope for the best in the next 200 years.

:joke::joke:

Nope. I just didn't want to argue the point any further.

'Fair enough' wasn't the right choice of words in that conversation, so my mistake for incorrectly using that terminology.

My bad.

I "jumped to a conclusion" I shouldn't have.

Paralogic most assuredly does not KNOW. He's doing the thing he often condemns theist for doing.

But you are correct that there is no evidence for any gods.

My bad.

I "jumped to a conclusion" I shouldn't have.

Paralogic most assuredly does not KNOW. He's doing the thing he often condemns theist for doing.

But you are correct that there is no evidence for any gods.

Well it's really not your fault, Frank. I don't blame you for jumping to that conclusion.

But yeah, no one on this Earth knows for 100% certainty that a God doesn't exist.

Well it's really not your fault, Frank. I don't blame you for jumping to that conclusion.

But yeah, no one on this Earth knows for 100% certainty that a God doesn't exist.
Agreed, or if it does.

I chose to believe it does since everything within my 60 year experience says yes

I am good with that. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom