• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Religion of Peace?

Should anyone coming to the U.S. HAVE to know english?

• Hell yes! It's about time....

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Hell no! Let 'em all in like roachs.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Who care's they should retain as much of their homland as they can.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Close the doors & start sending some back.

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
ShamMol said:
^You are a horrible person. I have five best friends, the clique (if you ever watched wrestling, you get that). One is a jew, one is a muslim, one is christian and me and the other two are diest/agnostic. Shannon is a very devout Muslim, and your portrayl of all these people as evil hurts man. Do you get it?

The best part of you ran down the crack of your mothers ass & ended up as a bown stain on the mattress.

Actually I was just thinking that you should hug a Muslim. That would make you feel better emotionally, spirtitually. You'd be a new man. You should hug the guy punched to be specific. Although I still doubt as to whether that really happened. Let's... say it did. You're all looking out a window... at a sky line... the sky line is different... man smiles... HE HATES AMERICA!!! SMITE HIM!!!

tr1414 said:
The best part of you ran down the crack of your mothers ass & ended up as a bown stain on the mattress.

MODERATOR GAVEL

??

What exactly did that add to this disscussion?

Nothing, he just hates me ever since I pointed out that being a Muslim does not make you an extremist/terrorist/head-chopper. Whatever, I could attack back, but it is useless and I eventually want to be a moderator, so that wouldn't be appropriate.

tr1414 said:

That post is the equivilent of waving a white flag

peace

you can believe that, but the Iraqi war is still not justified.

You say that its not justified, but you have no reason to back it up with. I am not going to sit back and and let the attacks of 9/11 go unpunished. Everyone knows that if they do someting that isn't right that there are concequences for their actions, same goes for religious extreemists with bad intent. If they don't like it then too bad they shouldn't have started it.

First of all, in relative terms, Iraq was NOT a major safe haven for terror. US officials themselves admit that a majority of the problems in Iraq rite now are promoted by insurgents that are coming from out of Iraq.

HuH? you say that there isn't a safe haven for terrorists in Iraq, and then you say there is a lot of Insurgence? Make up your mide. There is no difference between terrorists and the insurgency. Bolth behead hostages, plan ambushes, make bombs, and bolth want to harm anyone who don't believe in the same way they do. You don't give the military brains much credit; they know if they go to a counry where there is insurgence that it will bring more insurgency that is what they expect. They want to force insurgency to confront colloation forces in Iraq instead of New York or London.

Secondly, the promoters of Sadaam were not terrorists before we invaded. They are fighting because of political reasons not muslim extremist reasons.

If you talking about "the promoters of Saddam" then you mean the Ba'athists, and yes they were terroritst to their own people! The Ba'athists were sort of like Saddam's gestapo police. They would find people that Saddam didn't like or for whatever other unjustified reason, they would take people to be torturted and then killed. I'd call that terrorism. It dosen't matter what their reason is for killing people either Colloation soldigers, News reporters, or Iraqis. Just because they have political reasons or religious extremist reasons doesn't give anyone the right to kill.

Thirdly, for us the collateral damage may not be intended, but for the civilians who lose their loved ones, do you think they feel the same way? Do you think they mourn, then shrug saying oh well... collateral damage.

No one wants collateral damage. Their saracifice was for the future of their country and for the saftey of others in the future. Without their death they wouldn't have a safer tomorrow without Saddam.

The thoughts going in there head are, I wish this war never happened. Atleast under saddam my child or husband or mother would still be alive.

Not nessiarly, random death of civilians isn't that much different from Saddam randomly killing people. Except that collateral damage is accidental, and Saddam killed people to enforce fear and sufferage in his people. The people of Iraq weren't safer with Saddamm he was basicly Hitler. Saddam tortured people and dumped them into mass graves, you call that safer?

This fuels US hatred and causes more insurgency. More soldiers face violence, and then more civilians are accidently killed. The vicious cycle goes on. However little the collateral damage may be, the effects of it are disastrous.

We want more insurgengce to come out of hinding and covorting in Iraq than to show up in a 737 headed for capital hill or London. More and more civilians are becoming police officers, news reporters (because Saddam had news filted by him to make the people of Iraq believe what he wanted them to believe), and soldigers so that they can protect themselves (from Insurgence) without our help, but this takes time.

The fact still remains that out of all the countries that had many more extremists than Iraq, including Syria, Jordan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Iran, we chose Iraq. We know that the WMD pretense was false. And sure taking sadaam out of power is a good thing. But the amount it has done for us in the war against terror is nothing...

The war isn't just limited to Iraq its in Afganistan, The United Kingdom, The United States, and other middle eastern countries as you said. The war has done a lot for the war on terror. In the spring of 05 US soldigers discovered a large facility with traning materials(for bombs and bio weapons), dead hostages, passports, SUVs with US licence plates and registration. More recentaly Iraq soldigers discovered a huge underground bunker with the same kinds of stuff in it like the other falicity except more of it. Colloation soldigers also capture insurgence (terrorists), and gain valuable information on whereabouts of other safe houses and insurgence personel. To say that the war in Iraq does nothing for the war on terror is nieve and uninformed.

The war in Irag is not justified at all. Irag was in fact subject to Bombing by El Quada because it was ruled by the Secular Ba-athist party. Saddam was the enemy of Bin Ladin. Bush is the Family Friend of Bin Ladin's family.

How is the Bush "the family friend of the Bin Ladin's?" Prove this, Oh wait you can't because there is nothing to back that up with. Save your crapy opinions for someone who cares, like relligious extremists. Whats your point of Al-Qaeda "bombing" Iraq because it was ruled by Saddam. That just means that even more Iraqis are being killed by terrorists that collation forces have to stop.

You are subject to some huge thinking disorders.

So are you!

Irag was not training Terrorists, that was the Taliban in Afghanistan.

If you read what I posted earlier you would see just a few examples of terrorists(insurgence) traning in Iraq, and there are many more. Yes, there were even more terrorists traning falicities in Afganastan.

The decision to invade Iraq was made even before 9/11.

Like I said earlier this has no factual evidence to support this theory.

Don't you read or gather information before you write.

Yea, maybe you should do a little of this yourself!

Even Bush admitted on television, that Not One Shred of the expected the expected evidence to justify War had been found. Remember Bush complained about faulty intelligence gather in and bad sources.

It wasen't just Bush who had the wrong intelligence. Every nation who is in the colloation had the same information. Even John Kerry was for going into Iraq to get rid of WMDs in the 1990s; thats why he lost in the 04 elections after he found out that there were no WMDs he changed his tune to suit the political climate and was labled as a "flip-floper," and lost.

It is not muslims that are doing all these evil things in the world to tell you the truth. It is muslim radicals. I mean the teachings of the koran might be violent. But allot of muslim people do not fallow threw in such things.

His rationalization that Sadam was gonna produce weapons of mass destruction again in twenty years,,, is pure BushShit. Sadam had complied with UN mandate and it's missles and chemical weapons had bend blown up by UN inspectors and so Bush resorted to and contrived evidence to go to war. It was only after the United States kept interfering with the UN mandated inspector that Sadam told them to leave Irag

Yea, Saddam blew up the WMDs alright, on the people to the north. The Kurdish people who were gased to death a couple of times. Saddam didn't comply with UN mandate. Don't you remember in the 1990s he refused to let inspectors in, and thats why he was suspected of having weapons of mass distruction. If he had nothing to hide then why was he so hesitent to let inspectors in. The UN wasn't doing Jack because Libya was heading the Committee on Human Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your own math here.

Even Bush and Cheney would not have put American War ships in a little area like the Persian Gulf, if Iraq had had weapons of Mass Destructions and the missiles to deliver the WMD. Not even Bush would sacrifice the US Navy. Bush made the decisions for War only after he was assured that Iraq could only bleed blood and Bleed oil. Bush is the President of the United states not Alexander the Great, Napoleon Bonaparte, or Ghengis Khan. Bush will not be allowed to Conquer the world for the sake of Corporatism.

We put our navy in the Persian Gulf, because we had given Saddam an ultimatum where he was suppose to go into exile or surrender. The navy in the Persian Gulf was just prep work for the Arial campange on Iraq and they were also there for the Arial campane on Afganistan. We aren't there for oil; we are there to free the people of Iraq from Saddam and insurgence. We are letting comtractors into Afganastan and Iraq to give them an economy so that the pesant farmers there don't have to resort to growing drugs.

Our wonderful patriotic American Troops have suffered terrible casualties because of Bush's decision to Invade a soveriegn Nation for no reason. Bush is infact a war criminal according to Geneva Accords. Bush is lying even about the number of Casualties our troops have suffered. Fox Propaganda says about 45000 with over 1600 dead. Can one believe Fox? Hell No. Fox is Passing on Rupert Murdock's WTO corporate line. I have heard some figures that puts Ameican dead in Irag at over 6000. The Bushshit Government works hard to suppress any truth that will make them unpopular with uninformed right wing Americans.

And Saddam isn't a war criminal? If you look at the ACTUAL records US soldigers: 1770 deaths and deaths from other colloation soldigers: 194. Fox new has reported the same figures, along with ABC, and BBC news. You need to be informed, because you would know that making broad blanketed statments are always false.

One must alway remember that using the word --insurgent -- is meant to put a particular emphasis on the news. Maybe another term that could be used is the term --- Freedom Fighter. Remember we, our poor misused military invaded Iraq.

Insurgence are no different from terrorists read what I wrote above. They carry out the same activities.

Most of the Insurgents in Iraq are Iraqi Citizens. Sure there has been people from Jordan, Eqypt, Lebenon, and Saudi Arabia etc.,,,, that have that have come the defense of Iraq. Remember during world war 2, before the US got involved officially that there were plenty of American and south American volunteers fighting against Hitler in Britain.

Actualy your wrong most of the Insurgents are NOT Iraqi citizens thats why they are called insurgence, because they are not from Iraq. The insurgence hasn't come to the aide of Iraq they kill Iraqis in car bombs outside of police recruting stations. And WWll is not the topic here. what do volunteers have to do with insurgency. They weren't cunducting beheadings, making car bombs, torturing hostages, or flying planes into buildings.

Our troops are just following orders, yet there some refusing to go back to die for nothing except Corporate Greed. God Bless them and remember God hates the Right Wing Anti American and Anti poor Extremists in this country because they lie so darn much.

Oh so your god now? Shut Up, you don't know if god hates someone or not. Your starting to sound like the religious extremists with your god hates you and you crap. Why don't you go join the extremists side if your so anti this and anti that, its American freedoms that allow you to say that. Remember that the lowest circle in hell is reserved for betrayers.

you can believe that, but the Iraqi war is still not justified.

You say that its not justified, but you have no reason to back it up with. I am not going to sit back and and let the attacks of 9/11 go unpunished. Everyone knows that if they do someting that isn't right that there are concequences for their actions, same goes for religious extreemists with bad intent. If they don't like it then too bad they shouldn't have started it.

^

What iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Besides you cant blaim all muslims are you simple?

Thirdly, for us the collateral damage may not be intended, but for the civilians who lose their loved ones, do you think they feel the same way? Do you think they mourn, then shrug saying oh well... collateral damage.

No one wants collateral damage. Their saracifice was for the future of their country and for the saftey of others in the future. Without their death they wouldn't have a safer tomorrow without Saddam.

^^^

Yes and the victims of 9/11 are the collateral damage for the terrorists your point ?

tr1414 said:
If you love Muslims, thats your problem... I don't..

I think of it more the opposite: If you hate Muslims, that's your problem.

Love doesn't hurt people. Hatred does.

Messerschmitt said:
Yea, Saddam blew up the WMDs alright, on the people to the north. The Kurdish people who were gased to death a couple of times. Saddam didn't comply with UN mandate. Don't you remember in the 1990s he refused to let inspectors in, and thats why he was suspected of having weapons of mass distruction. If he had nothing to hide then why was he so hesitent to let inspectors in. The UN wasn't doing Jack because Libya was heading the Committee on Human Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your own math here.

Where did Saddam get those weapons of mass destruction?

We aren't there for oil; we are there to free the people of Iraq from Saddam and insurgence.

The insurgence got there AFTER we did.

Oh so your god now? Shut Up, you don't know if god hates someone or not. Your starting to sound like the religious extremists with your god hates you and you crap. Why don't you go join the extremists side if your so anti this and anti that, its American freedoms that allow you to say that. Remember that the lowest circle in hell is reserved for betrayers.

Actually:

The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict. -- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Not really relevant, I just like quoting him :lol:.

What iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Besides you cant blaim all muslims are you simple?

When did I ever say all Muslims are to blame. Quit putting words in my mouth I AM TALKING ABOUT RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS, INSURGENCE, AND TERRORISTS. You must be a complete moron! I am quoting myself since you aren't capable of doing it. Read it if you can in any of my posts I have never wrote that muslims were to blame. I said religious extremists.

Yes and the victims of 9/11 are the collateral damage for the terrorists your point ?

Whats my point? I thought I made that crystal clear in my post. Go back and read it again. I have no tolerance for incompetance.

Where did Saddam get those weapons of mass destruction?

He got them from Russia, Great Brittian, and the US back in the day when the soviets where moving into the middle east thats why we knew he had them at one point.

The insurgence got there AFTER we did.

Actually this isn't true Al Qaeda was in Iraq before we got there. I gave examples of bunkers that were discovered along with training grounds that have been there for a long time.

Messerschmitt said:
He got them from Russia, Great Brittian, and the US back in the day when the soviets where moving into the middle east thats why we knew he had them at one point.

And they were once called "the Allies..."

Actually this isn't true Al Qaeda was in Iraq before we got there. I gave examples of bunkers that were discovered along with training grounds that have been there for a long time.

The citizens of Iraq weren't being killed by the insugency until we got there.

Almost 28 years ago, Saddam had some Kurd Villages attacked with Nerve Gas. True it is horrible and several hundred people were killed and Buried in Mass Graves. Saddam also killed several hundred Shiites around the same time. Saddam has been a bad man, and killed many since then

We on the other hand have been killing Iraqis for only over two years now and the count is over 300,000 dead and wounded Iraqis. At the rate we are going now, we can depopulate Iraq in 30 years. Is this the Bush plan?

Do We need to put Bush, Cheney, Rumfeld, Rice and Powell on trial for this??. Public trials?

Saddam and his lackeys were good at putting down insurgents and keeping order in Iraq. Instead of putting them on trial, we should give them a Job advising our troops.:roll:

lamaror said:
We on the other hand have been killing Iraqis for only over two years now and the count is over 300,000 dead and wounded Iraqis.

Why would you combine the numbers of the dead and wounded? 25,000 are dead of which only 9,720 are because of American fire. It's unfair to add several hundred thousand to that number wouldn't you say?

Source

You guys aren't looking at the long term. At least now with Saddam out of the picture Iraq will eventually be under the control of its own people and they will be able to take care and police themselves. But if Saddam was still in power they would still be living under fear, pretty much forever because his sons were going to take power when Saddam died or whatever, and his sons were worse than Saddam was. If it takes lives to get the entire country back under the peoples command, thats the sacrifice so that at least they have a secure future.

Messerschmitt said:
You guys aren't looking at the long term. At least now with Saddam out of the picture Iraq will eventually be under the control of its own people and they will be able to take care and police themselves. But if Saddam was still in power they would still be living under fear, pretty much forever because his sons were going to take power when Saddam died or whatever, and his sons were worse than Saddam was. If it takes lives to get the entire country back under the peoples command, thats the sacrifice so that at least they have a secure future.

Correct! Many don't understand that there are only two choices.

1)Many die now.
2)many MORE die later.

A lot of people think the answer should be "zero"...They just don't grasp the concept that that's not an option.

Right, they don't see that there is a choice and they are looking for some hidden truth that is really right in their face, but they are blinded by hatred of Bush. I have a friend who just switched from being a democrat to a Republican, because when he finally saw the real picture and scope of what was really going on and what people really thought he was able to better understand why we are doing what we are doing. I agree with you there is no zero from any angle.

Is it really that fun to sit around and nod at each other?

Gandhi>Bush said:

Do you disagree? Is there an option where "zero" people will die?

No, but there is an option where we refuse to kill. An option that proves the hype about America being the greatest country in the entire UNIVERSE.

If you all about love and peace, then why do you have to be mad that we are agreeing.

No, but there is an option where we refuse to kill. An option that proves the hype about America being the greatest country in the entire UNIVERSE.

Tell me what this option is? There is no other option ok. If there was, we would have already found it and done it. And national self pride for a country just shows we care; we don't need to prove that we are the best through war if thats what you mean.

Last edited:
Messerschmitt said:
If you all about love and peace, then why do you have to be mad that we are agreeing.

Okay... You have two people sitting around just nodding their heads at what the they are saying... It's not debate... it's... for lack of a better word... lame.

Tell me what this option is? There is no other option ok. If there was, we would have already found it and done it. And national self pride for a country just shows we care; we don't need to prove that we are the best through war if thats what you mean.

Start with this:

Stop blowing things up. It's not helping. At all.
Stop shooting people. It's not helping. At all.

We will begin with this question:

What do you think $400 billion dollars could do if it went to finding an alternative fuel source?

Back
Top Bottom