• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Religion of Green

You do not know what you are talking about (simply because you do not know me), you are generalizing and did not listen to me previously.

I can not function without rules. So inside my home there are rules that are followed. I need those rules to function. And my son also, he is a MiniMe the poor boy. But I never have to get angry at him, never have to sanction him. I just talk to him and explain. And than it is ok. Which is pretty amazing for a 2 year old kid, but that is besides the point. Anyways; therefore, my home is far from an anarchy.

Having said that, I like your example and conceptionally I sure understand what you mean.

Completely agree. And thought it surely does not have to be bad, you can not deny that it also can be bad. If people were never inclined to do something bad in the first place, than there would never have been any rules, because we wouldn't need them. The only reason there are rules, is because time has proven over and over again that people need rules.

I worry you think to black and white. There is much in between. But if you want it black and white, let's give it a go.

You want to return to the system of your founding fathers? Fine.
You also want to go to work tomorrow by horse? You want to close the internet and get all your bills and invoices by mail again? You want to go back to the times when after an argument you can ask for a duel in the middle of the street? You wanna go back to the days that you can not safely travel from east to west without the serious risk of being robbed?

You can't have it both ways I am afraid. And that is why we need those rules. And when the system shows strain than the rules need to be reviewed and adapted. Because time changes. It always has and always will. And therefore, so should the rules.

Now I fully agree that we need a good talk about which rules being implemented. Because yes, it is easy to go over the top. Like I see here in China every time I come here. But there is something between how China does it and how we do it in the west. The way they do it here is not sustainable. But neither is our way. Look around you at the division in our society. Look around you at the discontent. That is not sustainable in the long run.

Joey

Don't worry so much. That you think in black and white is why you presumed I am discussing the days of riding horses down muddy roads.
I was speaking of Government.

You put effort into rebuking me yet not understanding me. This I believe is the root cause of why alarmists exist in large numbers. They want to keep acting like our life is in danger. We have one nut who posts nonsense from NASA.

By Anarchy in your home I mean it is almost impossible that you have a written list of rules all who enter must obey. Said list would be extensive and well framed to be complete. "To your son, this is the time you will be in bed. And if you are not in bed by x time you will suffer."

If you have a two year old child, you may not understand me. My youngest child is 34 years old and has a child herself. My oldest will be on Social Security next year and has grand kids.

The book I included in reference goes into a lot of detail on belief in Government.

Still Democrats will scream bloody murder that the Republicans want too much freedom for all thus leading me to conclude they want to curtail freedom.

Another way to understand that to support Democrats is to support the iron fist approach when they constantly churn out law upon law on a never ending stream of laws.

Freedom is freedom from laws. I do not mean for you to think I mean it is fine to be evil, to steal and kill. Antifa is a good example of those who believe in being evil, stealing and exerting enormous harm on others.

How to deal with Antifa should be on the list of all politicians. Democrats approve those in that gang.

So my comments do not mean get rid entirely of all laws. I believe there is value in a good many of the laws. But to demand your auto is electric? That is over the top.

Last edited:
None of your last paragraph is true
Apparently he believes he should be free to make up his own "facts". Perhaps he would like to get rid of science textbooks too and be "free" from scientific knowledge?

Apparently he believes he should be free to make up his own "facts". Perhaps he would like to get rid of science textbooks too and be "free" from scientific knowledge?

I have studied a lot of science and it started around 1948. My studies include physics, Chemistry and out of college Biology.

What do you think are facts you allege were made up by me. Vegas Giants told a false premise.

Now he is a scientist. A minute ago he was a lawyer. Lol

I have studied a lot of science and it started around 1948. My studies include physics, Chemistry and out of college Biology.

What do you think are facts you allege were made up by me. Vegas Giants told a false premise.
This statement you made is NOT a fact:
2 degrees over 150 years is in the regular course of nature. And were it the fault of man, it still does not matter at all. We tolerate such changes during our regular days and do not notice harm.
It also shows you have no clue at all about climate science and don't even understand the simple concept of global average temperature. The difference in global average temperature between 2 mile high ice sheets over much of Nth America and now, is only about 5°C.

Now he is a scientist. A minute ago he was a lawyer. Lol
I think this explains it:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov.

I think people attributed many things to Donald Trump, being a deity is not one of them!
No so fast. Qanon believers think DJT is an archangel sent by God to expose a worldwide pedophile conspiracy. One of them is currently pushing a conspiracy of her own to overturn the will of the people and crown the one term mistake king.

0*2dXulMQfmq208-Ue.

This statement you made is NOT a fact:

It also shows you have no clue at all about climate science and don't even understand the simple concept of global average temperature. The difference in global average temperature between 2 mile high ice sheets over much of Nth America and now, is only about 5°C.

No no no. My comments do not prove I have no clue about climate science. There is no magic in average temperatures. Iceland for instance contains over 99 percent of the ice it contained in 1900.

I am in no rush to give profits to democrats hawking the religion of green.

No so fast. Qanon believers think DJT is an archangel sent by God to expose a worldwide pedophile conspiracy. One of them is currently pushing a conspiracy of her own to overturn the will of the people and crown the one term mistake king.

So you are one of the Qanon fans.

I quoted NASA

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA
Claiming that NASA or climate science is a "religion", just shows he belongs to a cult of ignorance.

So far nobody has accurately rebutted the following remark I made here.

"2 degrees over 150 years is in the regular course of nature. And were it the fault of man, it still does not matter at all. We tolerate such changes during our regular days and do not notice harm. "

No no no. My comments do not prove I have no clue about climate science. There is no magic in average temperatures. Iceland for instance contains over 99 percent of the ice it contained in 1900.

I am in no rush to give profits to democrats hawking the religion of green.
Prove NASA is a religion. Lol

So far nobody has accurately rebutted the following remark I made here.

"2 degrees over 150 years is in the regular course of nature. And were it the fault of man, it still does not matter at all. We tolerate such changes during our regular days and do not notice harm. "
I did already

So you are one of the Qanon fans.
How did you jump to that dishonest conclusion from what the poster wrote?

Or do you want to be "free" from honesty as well?

Claiming that NASA or climate science is a "religion", just shows he belongs to a cult of ignorance.
We have one poster that spoke of NASA in context of religion. I do not blame NASA. I blame the religion of green.

This is precisely democrats must lose all elections. They love to lie.

Back
Top Bottom