• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Religion is here to stay

DarkWizard12

Sir Poop A lot
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
The left doesn't give a damn about secularism, about atheism, do you think the left stream media would write an article like this on behalf of white Christians? No.
This is because of multiculturalism. Because of the massive demographic shift currently underway in Canada, and the rest of Western nations.
Minority religions are to be respected as "rich and vibrant" for no reason other than the skin colour of its adherents, this puts their ideas off limits to white Liberals riddled with white guilt.
That's the extent that left wing atheist "secular humanists" maintain their convictions. Weakness.
Oh sure, they'll say something along the lines of "all religions are bull****" when pressed, but will only ever criticize Christianity when left to their own devices, and outwardly tell people they're a racist/alt-right/bigotted/nazi blah blah blah for treating those belief structures intellectually equally.

Atheists need to understand that religion is here to stay - Macleans.ca

You really need to expand your sources of information and the people you converse with, my dude. Stop getting your information solely from right-wing outrage machines.

The left doesn't give a damn about secularism, about atheism, do you think the left stream media would write an article like this on behalf of white Christians? No.
This is because of multiculturalism. Because of the massive demographic shift currently underway in Canada, and the rest of Western nations.
Minority religions are to be respected as "rich and vibrant" for no reason other than the skin colour of its adherents, this puts their ideas off limits to white Liberals riddled with white guilt.
That's the extent that left wing atheist "secular humanists" maintain their convictions. Weakness.
Oh sure, they'll say something along the lines of "all religions are bull****" when pressed, but will only ever criticize Christianity when left to their own devices, and outwardly tell people they're a racist/alt-right/bigotted/nazi blah blah blah for treating those belief structures intellectually equally.

All religions ARE bull****. However, as an American (or Canadian), you live in a free society where you can believe anything you want and worship as you choose. Christianity gets the most criticism in the west because Christianity is the dominant religion, it's had a multi-hundred year stranglehold on our government and politics, and because Christians actively use that political power to harass and restrict rights of atheists and people from other religions.

There's no inconsistency. You can believe all religions are bull**** and that the government should be secular while supporting people's right to believe in that bull**** if they choose. Yes, the right to religion is here to stay, but the number of religious in the west has been sinking for decades and will continue to sink as people continue learning to think for themselves.

Secularism is not the same as atheism. Different!

The Left is not the same as either. Different!

All religions are basically con jobs for the intellectually challenged, backward and feeble-minded who can't seem to function without a book of rules.

People should worship the Sun.

Rant aside, it is unfortunate for humanity that religion is still around but it is good news that by trend a very fast growing and largely untapped minority are those want nothing to do with religion.

And BTW it has nothing to do with respecting any religion, just respecting your right to observe one.

Which is neither weakness or bigoted.

It isn't liberals you have to worry about destroying religion, its money. Religion as a tool of unification is surpassed by only money. Though religion defies national borders(which is also a great tool of unification), you can find Christian's in Asia, Muslims in America and Buddhists in Canada nothing beats money. From Osama Bin Laden to Donald Trump to Bibi Netanyahu everyone believes in the strength on the US greenback. It is more universally accepted than any religion. Capitalism will destroy religion. It will gobble it up because when anything can be bought or sold so to can your faith.

The Sun delivers radiation which harms my white skin.

Still, nothing feels better than standing in the sunlight on a bright Spring day. :mrgreen:

You really need to expand your sources of information and the people you converse with, my dude. Stop getting your information solely from right-wing outrage machines.

Starting to see a pattern with you as well buddy, attacking the source instead of the material.

Yeah, it's working out great, isn't it. Trudeau nailed it big time when he steered us towards multiculturalism instead of melting pot. Just look at how bad the racism and hate is in The States, and you realize how lucky we are.

Although I'm sure there are a few people around who can't keep up with the immigrants, and instead of pulling their socks up and taking responsibility for their lives, whinge and complain about how unfair it is, and how the ferner's are stealin' our jobs!

Minority religions are to be respected as "rich and vibrant" for no reason other than the skin colour of its adherents,

What a bunch of nonsense. That sounds like it's written by someone who doesn't like the skin colour of some people.

this puts their ideas off limits to white Liberals riddled with white guilt.

More nonsense. You trying to bat a thousand in the nonsense category or what?

Dang, have read your post? "Weakness" sounds like projection, from someone who can't compete and instead of pulling up their socks, improving themselves, and taking responsibility for their lives whinges and complains about others. If that isn't "weakness", I don't know what is.

Why is religion here to stay? AFAIK, more and more people are deciding that believing in imaginary beings like Santa Claus, Yahweh, The Easter Bunny, and Zeus, is a pretty childish thing to do.

Absolutely not.

They should worship me. And send me 10% of all earnings of course, because every god in history has needed some form of remuneration!

Capitalism will destroy religion. It will gobble it up because when anything can be bought or sold so to can your faith.

I would say Donald Trump has proven that with a large percentage of Evangelical Christians beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Starting to see a pattern with you as well buddy, attacking the source instead of the material.

The material is wrong, and I'm assuming that the material is not an original thought, because it's literally the same as every other braindead conservative. So, maybe find some sources that don't have the material wrong, and your material won't be wrong.

The material is wrong, and I'm assuming that the material is not an original thought, because it's literally the same as every other braindead conservative. So, maybe find some sources that don't have the material wrong, and your material won't be wrong.

Who cares if the material is an original thought, the information is what you are supposed to focus on, not whether it is an original thought or not.

Who cares if the material is an original thought, the information is what you are supposed to focus on, not whether it is an original thought or not.

As I've noted, the information is wrong, so your argument is stupid no matter how you want to make it.

As I've noted, the information is wrong, so your argument is stupid no matter how you want to make it.

So personal attacks right out the gate. Thanks for exposing yourself.

You also claimed i was getting my info from hate groups, and when i told you the truth you disappeared, and spouted the same thing on this thread.

Then thank God for the separation of church and state!

Sources don't matter, the information matters if its true.

So personal attacks right out the gate. Thanks for exposing yourself.

You also claimed i was getting my info from hate groups, and when i told you the truth you disappeared, and spouted the same thing on this thread.

I'm ignoring you after this, because I don't think you know how to read or comprehend information adequately enough to have an intelligent conversation.

But, first of all, I didn't attack you, personally, I attacked your stupid argument. Second, I work third shift, so it took me a bit to reply since I was sleeping, but I have since replied, even before this post of yours, so if anyone is ignoring something, it's definitely you. Farewell.

I'm ignoring you after this, because I don't think you know how to read or comprehend information adequately enough to have an intelligent conversation.

But, first of all, I didn't attack you, personally, I attacked your stupid argument. Second, I work third shift, so it took me a bit to reply since I was sleeping, but I have since replied, even before this post of yours, so if anyone is ignoring something, it's definitely you. Farewell.

I've worked 3rd shift before, 11pm to 7am in a warehouse.

I don't think you have actually disagreed with anything i said, you just stated my sentiments in a different way. Which i appreciated, but then you said that i was getting my info from right wing sources only, when there is no way you could know that, and you are wrong about it.

Who said religion is going away any time soon?

You understand the fact that the majority of people on the left are religious right? the VAST majority.
Its so sad how absolutely clue people are about certain topics.

I REALLY want to find and vist some of these mentally insane extremist sites out there that SOME people get their info from left and right . . . man this stuff is bath **** insane.

Of course it's here to stay, it's just your religion will be replaced by something else. It wasn't that long ago a bunch of Semitic people worshiped a storm god called Yahweh as part of their pantheon.

Sources don't matter, the information matters if its true.

The last three words of your post are where you seem to be missing the point.

Most of the **** at that link flat out is incorrect. When you base an argument on false information, your argument is by definition false as well.

Back
Top Bottom