• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Religion and Genetics; the difference between the Danish cartoons and Iran’s contest

Herophant

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
There are westerners today that feel that as the freedom of speech allows us to ridicule a religion, we should be fair and also ridicule the Jews. Thereby opening for printing the Iranian cartoons. Personally I find a profound difference, holocaust cartoons are not an attack on the Jewish religion but the Jewish people on grounds of genetics. We do not print cartoons that makes black people look like an inferior race, I am pretty sure that would be illegal. The Mohammed cartoons are not an attack on Arabs; it’s an attack on Islam the religion. The Christian faith gets ridiculed all the time in the western world, one of my favourite protagonists once claimed he “raped god with a corncob” its no a big deal.

The ultimate problem for me is the lack of difference being shown between religions and genetics. Religions are something you ultimately decide for yourself, genetics are something you are born with.

Re: Religion and Genetics; the difference between the Danish cartoons and Iran’s contest

I don't get everyone's obsession with us. I mean, I know I'm pretty awesome, but still...

Re: Religion and Genetics; the difference between the Danish cartoons and Iran’s contest

In Denmark it was an indepedndent newspaper not the Danish govt. In Iran,
Its the govt. of a theocracy out of the 11th century .
LONG LIVE DENMARK

Re: Religion and Genetics; the difference between the Danish cartoons and Iran’s cont

JOHNYJ said:
In Denmark it was an indepedndent newspaper not the Danish govt. In Iran,
Its the govt. of a theocracy out of the 11th century .
LONG LIVE DENMARK

Wow, you're right for once. You might want to stop while you're ahead. :lol:

Re: Religion and Genetics; the difference between the Danish cartoons and Iran’s cont

I think it'd be easy to differentiate between making fun of Jews and their religion, but then again that just might be because I'm an intellectual elitist sitting up here in my ivory tower out of touch with middle America. Many Iranians are probably not going to separate the two, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom