• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Religion and clothing

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The fact, that there are different religions, has led to wars and personal misery in history.
So it is not a good thing, if clothing announces:
"I am a Christian, a Jew, a Moslem, etc etc

I do not tell anybody what he should wear or not wear.
I have just stated a fact.

There are special cases - if the "religious clothing" is part of a job.
Priests, nuns etc etc ....

Then it is mir a "professional clothing" than a religious clothing.

Replies: 2
Views: 11

The Amish in Pennsylvania are also a special case. :)

So what if people want to announce their religion by what they wear. It is very little different than announcing other things about yourself, your likes and dislikes, your attitude, your politics, what organizations you support by what you wear.

Some people show their politics in what they wear or don't wear (MAGA hats, Hillary t-shirts, BLM masks). Others show their interests (I have a couple dozen geek tees from LootCrate). Others show attitude (sarcasm or other words or cartoons making statements). Still more might show what you have belonged to or groups you were in (Navy or other military logos, tees from races or charity events, school logo'd hoodies or t-shirts). And then there are sports team clothing and jewelry.

This is such a ridiculous complaint and obviously an attempted slam on a certain religion disguised as "well it goes for all religions" BS. This is as bad as those who were suddenly against all marriages when it started to look like same sex couples would be allowed to marry legally.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The fact, that there are different religions, has led to wars and personal misery in history.

What do you mean it's not a good thing?

This is more ridiculousness.

Tribes will always war. At a club in Las Vegas I was turned away at the door for wearing a college football jersey. Are football jerseys a bad thing because they sometimes lead to fights?

No, it ain't.
That you do not understand something does not make it "ridiculous".
There's nothing more to understand than that you have some opinions and expect everyone else to simply accept those opinions, regardless of how ridiculous or in violation of others' freedoms your opinion is.

Your lack of any sort of substantial or intelligent rebuttal is noted.

There's nothing more to understand than that you have some opinions and expect everyone else to simply accept those
Nonsense.
I argue for my point - you argue for your point.

Is this "important" info necessary?
What a constant stupid public relation for some stupid product.

Last edited:
Yes, the app I use to post. Its an automatic addition.

Nonsense.
I argue for my point - you argue for your point.
You have yet to show any sort of relevant or specific argument for why religious garments or jewelry or rules within any religion should not be fine for those who choose to follow them.

Heck, you commented on a single descriptive word from my post above with nothing actually resembling an argument/counterargument to what was posted.

From our family archives. They say dad loved his Kodak more than the Koran.

#000000.jpg

I do not tell anybody what he should wear or not wear.
I have just stated a fact.

How about wearing crosses, or putting them or other religious symbols or decorations in your home or on your vehicle?

Praying at public events?

Displaying religious text or symbols in courthouses or other public places?

Signs identifying a church as a Christian church?

It's automatic. To make it stop you have to change the settings.

Special or identifying clothing is intended to draw attention. The desire for attention is a program of the ego.

Funny: Are you really in favour of Burka and Nikab - or Burqa and Niqab?
Even the liberals are defending Burqa and Niqab now?

Back
Top Bottom