• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Reiser trial

H

HTColeman

I am not sure how many of you have heard of this trial, it might just be local news. Basically, a teacher at a Christian school was having sex with 13 y.o. boy, bondage and oral. All the evidence was against her, the love letters, testimonies, DNA tests, etc. Her max sentence was life, but she got 8 years in prison and 2 years of probation, does this seem wrong to anyone but me? The jurors said she was obviously guilty.

Here is the link explaining the case and trial

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4801329/detail.html

Here is the article about the sentencing

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4806212/detail.html

The Second Article HTColeman Posted said:
"Nothing happened on that day," defense attorney Sam Cammack said. "No sex act … nothing. Nothing happened on that day because if they did kiss on that day, that's not a crime."

Good luck with that defense buddy.

I really don't understand that sentencing. You know it would have been more severe if a male teacher raped a female student (well, okay, you don't know it. But I think it would be). Teacher? You hear that? No bad touchey with the students!

At least she believes she's going to hell. She totally deserves it.

ncallaway said:
Good luck with that defense buddy.

I really don't understand that sentencing. You know it would have been more severe if a male teacher raped a female student (well, okay, you don't know it. But I think it would be). Teacher? You hear that? No bad touchey with the students!

At least she believes she's going to hell. She totally deserves it.

THANK YOU! Who picked that jury, if it had been a male, he would have been in jail alot longer.

Back
Top Bottom