• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reince Priebus, RNC chairman: social cons needn't worry about GOP "tolerance"

Einzige

Elitist as Hell.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
I agree with him in one respect, if only ironically: the use of the word "tolerance" in these matters is incorrect - because it implies that an individual has the right to impose his intolerance upon others if he so chooses.

RNC PR BS: rebranding was a scam

After Brody said conservative evangelical voters are nervous that the GOP thinks "we have to be more tolerant," Priebus said there is nothing to worry about. "I don't know if I've used the word 'tolerance,' I don't really care for that word myself. I don't have a problem with it, I just think it has another meaning politically that can go the other direction," the party chairman said.

"It's not what you say, I think, it's sometimes -- like our moms used to tell us -- it's how you say it. And I think that's really the issue. And quite frankly, I think some of that has been overblown." Priebus assured Brody that the GOP will continue to represent "things that are very square with our beliefs as Christians" and recognize that "there's only one sovereign God."

I find it fascinating that Priebus is more-or-less openly declaring the Republican Party a theocratic one, dedicated to the belief that "there's only one sovereign God".

I address my fellow individualists who remain tethered to the Republican Party now with the words of Revelation, chapter eighteen, verse four and five:

I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues; for her sins have piled up as high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.…

There's only so much re-wording you can do to your platform to gain voters. Political parties require a change of guard every generation or so in at least a few big areas, otherwise they can't gain traction.

The GOP will get it back, but only after the last bit of hesitance to do a decent attempt goes away. It just depends on how long we have to wait for the inevitable.

The GOP need to drop the hard-lined social conservatives. If the GOP focused more on jobs and the economy with REAL ideas instead of just lip service and social conservative dogma they would be a shoe-in compared to the Dems. We need more fiscal conservatism, not more social conservatism.

And for crying out loud GOP, quit falling for the Dems trick on social issues. They should learn to just keep their mouths shut about it because all that happens is the Dems use it as fodder once the GOP primaries are done.

Back
Top Bottom