• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reince Priebus Is In Over His Head

Brtblutwo

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
For the past several months pundits have been predicting the death of the Republican Party.

Some reasons given are that the party is dying because the ultra-conservatives refuse to compromise, the public is sick of the inaction by congressional leaders, the Republican Party has no strong candidate to stop Donald Trump, and many others. Now comes the criticism that Reince Priebus is in over his head.

The demise of the GOP was predicted as the Bush/Cheney administration was winding down, in the midst of the second worst economic meltdown in U.S. history. It didn’t happen then, and it won’t happen now.

There is far too much money invested in the Republican Party by U.S. and foreign billionaires to assure legislation benefits the super-rich. These oligarchs are not willing to watch those hundreds-of-billions of dollars be wasted.

It might cost the fat cats ten-of-billions more than they expected, but the cash will flow freely to make certain the next POTUS is a Republican. He (and the term “He” cannot be emphasized strongly enough) will have a Republican controlled congress and conservative dominated Supreme Court to back him up in 2017 and beyond.

The reports of the GOP’s death have been greatly exaggerated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...555864-0024-11e6-9d36-33d198ea26c5_story.html

I'm not so sure this time. There are a lot of traditionally Republican voters that are absolutely disgusted with the party, myself included. It doesn't help matters at all when they pull crap like they just pulled in Colorado. People have had it with the political elitists in both parties and the elitists are apparently clueless to the absolute fury that is out there as elitists often are. Frankly I don't think it's just the Republican party that is in trouble here. I think the entire political power structure in Washington has so pissed off the American people that an upheaval the likes of which we have not seen for over 100 years is in the making. We are on the edge of massive political change in this country and it's about time.

The rise of Donald Trump and the extreme pushback against this version of the Republican party does indicate to me the "death" or "evolution" of the Republican party. The title will remain, but there can be little doubt that the model of hardcore obstructionist and rejection of basic facts has resulted in temporary gains at the cost of eventual destruction from within.

The President's approval rating and the economy, so long as they remain strong into November, will effectively ensure that Democrats win the Presidency. Those factors will also ensure that Democrats pick up seats in the House and the Senate. If the Republicans continue down a path towards a nomination of Trump, then the effects on the down ticket will be even more dramatic and the current shift for the country to the left will continue and accelerate.

I'm not so sure this time. There are a lot of traditionally Republican voters that are absolutely disgusted with the party, myself included. It doesn't help matters at all when they pull crap like they just pulled in Colorado. People have had it with the political elitists in both parties and the elitists are apparently clueless to the absolute fury that is out there as elitists often are. Frankly I don't think it's just the Republican party that is in trouble here. I think the entire political power structure in Washington has so pissed off the American people that an upheaval the likes of which we have not seen for over 100 years is in the making. We are on the edge of massive political change in this country and it's about time.

I agree. But the difference is I believe that you think there is actually a cure within the system, I gave that up a few years back.

The rise of Donald Trump and the extreme pushback against this version of the Republican party does indicate to me the "death" or "evolution" of the Republican party. The title will remain, but there can be little doubt that the model of hardcore obstructionist and rejection of basic facts has resulted in temporary gains at the cost of eventual destruction from within.

The President's approval rating and the economy, so long as they remain strong into November, will effectively ensure that Democrats win the Presidency. Those factors will also ensure that Democrats pick up seats in the House and the Senate. If the Republicans continue down a path towards a nomination of Trump, then the effects on the down ticket will be even more dramatic and the current shift for the country to the left will continue and accelerate.

Laughable , nothing could be worst than another lying , cheating, corrupt Clinton !!! :lol:

For the past several months pundits have been predicting the death of the Republican Party.

Some reasons given are that the party is dying because the ultra-conservatives refuse to compromise, the public is sick of the inaction by congressional leaders, the Republican Party has no strong candidate to stop Donald Trump, and many others. Now comes the criticism that Reince Priebus is in over his head.

The demise of the GOP was predicted as the Bush/Cheney administration was winding down, in the midst of the second worst economic meltdown in U.S. history. It didn’t happen then, and it won’t happen now.

There is far too much money invested in the Republican Party by U.S. and foreign billionaires to assure legislation benefits the super-rich. These oligarchs are not willing to watch those hundreds-of-billions of dollars be wasted.

It might cost the fat cats ten-of-billions more than they expected, but the cash will flow freely to make certain the next POTUS is a Republican. He (and the term “He” cannot be emphasized strongly enough) will have a Republican controlled congress and conservative dominated Supreme Court to back him up in 2017 and beyond.

The reports of the GOP’s death have been greatly exaggerated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...555864-0024-11e6-9d36-33d198ea26c5_story.html

You are whistling as you walk past the graveyard. And on the tombstones inside that iron fence are the names of the GOP leaders.

This November will see a complete repudiation of the carnival that has been the GOP primary season. You will also most likely lost the Senate and seats in the House as well.

ITs going to be great!!!!!!

if cruz won the vote he should win Colorado,if not then he should loose,this shell game the RNC and the DNC is playing with delegates is not constitutional.
i was not aware of the process either and i have been voting over 40 yrs,i am now aware of what both parties are up to now(GOOGLE can be your friend) . all this about the rules and the rules have been here for all to see is just so much bs,this is about the political elite running the show ,and laughing at the voters.

is i am sure unconstitutional,it just has not been taken to court yet,no that million GOP vote you talk about it just 1/3 of of all reg voters in Colorado, which is a little higher then the national average.
23% of all reg voters are republican,so i as an independent have no say in who is given the nodd by the RNC,yet the RNC thanks i will vote for their choice because he has the most delegates ,i thank not.
i will vote for the person that has the most votes the delegates can eat cake and the process is nothing but scam run by both parties.

Political parties are important to politicians because they ease the path toward a successful election. There isn't a reason on earth for voters to be involved in them. Forget the political parties. Just go vote in general elections and save yourself the anguish.

Back
Top Bottom