• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reid on the Ropes in Nevada

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Republican Sharron Angle seems to be solidifying her support in her bid to unseat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in Nevada.

In the latest Fox News battleground state poll of likely voters, Angle drew 49 percent to Reid’s 46 percent. As voters make up their mind with four weeks to go until Election Day, Angle seems to have the edge.

FOXNews.com - Fox News Polls: GOP Poised to Gain or Hold Senate Seats in Key States

Man, it just keeps getting better, and better....

j-mac

“The Republicans have lost their standards, they’ve lost their principles…..Really that’s why the machine in the Republican Party is fighting against me…..They have never really gone along with lower taxes and less government.” — Sharron Angle

The OP poll was completed before Sharron's latest revelations. I hear she's in DC at a Republican fund raiser tonight. I also hear she's bringing the ‘juice.’

Angle has become the story of that election and that's not a good thing when all the conventional wisdom says that she should be making her opponent (who?) the story.

Excerpted from “Angle: “I’m not sure I can win” if Ashjian’s in, nat’l GOPers “have lost their principles,” need to “leave me alone”” By Jon Ralston, Las Vegas Sun, October 3, 2010 · 1:03 PM
[SIZE="+2"]T[/SIZE]he woman who calls the majority leader “Let’s Make a Deal Harry Reid” becomes “Let’s Make a Deal Sharron Angle”

I shall look forward to all the liberal whining on Nov 3.

j-mac

If Sharron Angle actually wins the election I will be wondering whats in the water in Nevada to make everyone so crazy as to vote for a conspiracy nut that can't actually take anything in a debate.

Nope. Just more dirty tricks by liberals.

j-mac

Liberal?

Nevada political analyst Jon Ralston has obtained a secretly recorded audio tape of a meeting Sharron Angle had with a third party candidate she wants to drop out of the race.

Sharron Angle Caught on Tape Blasting GOP Leaders - The Note

Do any republicans ever take any personal responsibility for their actions, or is everything always the fault of a liberal?

:lamo

Liberal?

Nevada political analyst Jon Ralston has obtained a secretly recorded audio tape of a meeting Sharron Angle had with a third party candidate she wants to drop out of the race.

Sharron Angle Caught on Tape Blasting GOP Leaders - The Note

Do any republicans ever take any personal responsibility for their actions, or is everything always the fault of a liberal?

:lamo

The third party candidate is a Harry Reid plant. Angle only told the truth about republicans and they know it. They've been saying themselves that they lost there way especially with spending. So who do you think republicans and tea party will vote for if not Angle?
Hannity just said she is up 3 points over Reid. :)

The third party candidate is a Harry Reid plant. Angle only told the truth about republicans and they know it. They've been saying themselves that they lost there way especially with spending. So who do you think republicans and tea party will vote for if not Angle?
Hannity just said she is up 3 points over Reid. :)

And you know this how? And we all know Hannity is a completely onjective voice, so i'd hang on his every word. :rolleyes:

But, you know something, even a plant wouldn't excuse Angle for being stupid. Again, can any republican take personal responsibility for his or her actions?

And you know this how? And we all know Hannity is a completely onjective voice, so i'd hang on his every word. :rolleyes:

But, you know something, even a plant wouldn't excuse Angle for being stupid. Again, can any republican take personal responsibility for his or her actions?

It was just a gut feeling, but then I found I'm not alone. If not Harry, then liberals who want him re-elected.
Hannity was just reporting the latest poll.
Who's not taking responsibility? She said what she said.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
CNN reported that Ashjian surreptitiously recorded the meeting and passed the tape along to Ralston. Reid's camp and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee pounced upon the news and emailed around summaries of the conversation. Angle's lawyer has claimed that the meeting was a "set-up" by Ashjian, whom various local Tea Party groups in Nevada have accused of being a liberal plant.

This slur is a recurring one in Tea Party politics, and third-party candidates have threatened to siphon votes from major-party rivals in multiple states this year.

Sharron Angle's Third-Party

Problem - Nicole Allan - Politics - The Atlantic

Fake Nevada Tea Party candidate Scott Ashjian was sued by the Independent American Party in March. The suit challenged Ashjian’s membership in the Tea Party of Nevada. He was also charged with felony theft for passing a bad check in Las Vegas this spring.
This weekend Ashjian released a tape of a recorded private conversation he had with Sharron Angle. Angle complained about the Republican Party during the conversation and asked Ashjian to remove himself from the ballot. Ashjian refused and released the tape of the private conversation to the liberal media. Ashjian is currently polling at 1% of the vote. Angle and far left minority leader Harry Reid are tied.
This afternoon Ashjian lashed out at the “racist” Tea Party Express and the Republican Party saying he would not endorse Angle or Reid in the election.

Gateway Pundit

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Nevada shows Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid with 48% support and his Republican challenger Sharron Angle with 47%% of the vote when leaners are included. Four percent (4%) like another candidate in the race, and one percent (1%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Two weeks ago, the two candidates were tied at 48% apiece. This race remains a Toss-Up in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Senate Balance of Power rankings.
Ninety-three percent (93%) of Reid’s supporters say they are certain how they will vote in November. Eighty-eight percent (88%) of Angle supporters say the same. But one thing's for sure: This race isn't a popularity contest.

Election 2010: Nevada Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

If Sharron Angle actually wins the election I will be wondering whats in the water in Nevada to make everyone so crazy as to vote for a conspiracy nut that can't actually take anything in a debate.

Unlike Reid who is corrupt and dishonest

Man, it just keeps getting better, and better....

j-mac

Do you have something from an actual news organization?

BTW, great polling work. Some of the questions actually add up to 100%.

Ashjian is currently polling at 1% of the vote. Angle and far left minority leader Harry Reid are tied.
This afternoon Ashjian lashed out at the “racist” Tea Party Express and the Republican Party saying he would not endorse Angle or Reid in the election.
Does anyone really care if a guy polling at 1% endorses or does not endorse someone?

Does anyone really care if a guy polling at 1% endorses or does not endorse someone?

He's running. As close as the race is, his 1% could maybe win it for Reid.

Back
Top Bottom