• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Regardless of whether Trump wins or loses...

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I still want him to keep doing, and complete the following things before Inauguration Day:

1. Pull ALL American troops out of Afghanistan, Syria, and Iraq.

2. Complete with the "lame duck" Senate filling as many Judicial Seats as possible...churn them out like a machine. Especially in the various Appellate Divisions (like Justice Barrett's old seat).

3. Appeal to the SCOTUS for a Writ of Mandamus ordering Judge Sullivan to decide Flynn's case in favor of dismissal with prejudice.

4. Complete as much of the Border Wall as possible at warp speed.

Can anyone else think of anything they would like to see him do, regardless of win/lose before January 20, 2020?

I still want him to keep doing, and complete the following things before Inauguration Day:

2. Complete with the "lame duck" Senate filling as many Judicial Seats as possible...churn them out like a machine. Especially in the various Appellate Divisions (like Justice Barrett's old seat).

3. Appeal to the SCOTUS for a Writ of Mandamus ordering Judge Sullivan to decide Flynn's case in favor of dismissal with prejudice.

Can anyone else think of anything they would like to see him do, regardless of win/lose before January 20, 2020?

I'm not too worried about a Biden presidency. Liberalism will be self-limiting for some time to come, as it still depends on the votes of the productive. Rather than real redistribution and lowering of standards, liberalism's actual effect has been more towards the superficial. A 'holier than thou' leftist making $80k is a lot more comfortable with Rhode Island's name change than he would be when forced to send his kids to a low-performing school. Once he's forced to experience the same low standards that he imposes on others, his vote changes.

We'll be fine - just keep up with the latest virtue-signaling protocol.

Yes, I want him to keep thinking about how he lost to the "worst candidate in the history of Presidential politics" by the popular margin in many millions of votes DESPITE Republicans having a GREAT night otherwise.

Yes, I want him to keep thinking about how he lost to the "worst candidate in the history of Presidential politics" by the popular margin in many millions of votes DESPITE Republicans having a GREAT night otherwise.

You mean via (IMHO) the greatest level of voter fraud thanks to mail-in balloting in the history of the USA in spite of Trump initially crushing it at the polls prior to those counts? ;)

But enough of the deflections if you please.

The OP asks an honest question. I would like an honest, well-considered answer. Not the typical anti-Trump sneering, and otherwise fallacious "we hate Trump supporters" personal attacks.

Thanks. :)

You mean via (IMHO) the greatest level of voter fraud thanks to mail-in balloting in the history of the USA in spite of Trump initially crushing it at the polls prior to those counts? ;)

That would be the dumbest D fraudsters that would give Rs the Senate, add to Rs House seats AND give them legislatures for redistricting for the next 10 years!

😆 😆 😆

Your right wing propaganda does not even make sense! But hey - it comes from Trump - so no level of critical thinking is required to follow it...

You can just see it - literally 100,000s of fraudulent D ballots filled out for Biden AND for Republicans all the way down-ballot! 😆

But enough of the deflections if you please. The OP asks an honest question. I would like an honest, well-considered answer. Not the typical anti-Trump sneering, and otherwise fallacious "we hate Trump supporters" personal attacks.

I gave you an honest answer. I want Trump to curl up under a bed crying his eyes every day before he is sent off to prison in 2021.

1. I would like him to stop lying every time he opens his mouth

2. quit using government resources to advance his personal interests

3. end nepotism in OUR White House and fire Javanka.

4. Listen to medical experts and develop a cohesive unified National Response to COVID.

5. quit trying disenfranchise American voters.

6. Close his Twitter account.

7. Do everything possible to continue OUR tradition of a peaceful transfer of power initiated by George Washington.

Last edited:

Not one of these is going to happen...

Perhaps, or perhaps ALL of them are going to happen.

Binden may be declared President-Elect, but he has no authority until sworn in on inauguration day.

Right up until then, Trump remains President. He has plenty of time to order the troops home; plenty of time for the Senate to approve more Judges, and plenty of time for the DOJ to request a "friendly" SCOTUS order Judge Sullivan to stop stalling and dismiss Flynn's charges with prejudice.

Meanwhile I am still asking those who would like to see some final action what it would be.

He went golfing today. I suspect he will do a lot of that. LOL!

Mitch plans on filling every seat he can. that is the best thing he can do-and if the GOP holds the senate-which is about 80%-90% certain, then he should slow down the Biden appointments to a trickle-especially for Appellate seats, and vote down anyone who is a bannerrhoid

While he/they may have the authority to do so, should they? No, I dont think so. Will they? Probably. But thats what we've come to expect from this president and senate. Im not too familiar with major stuff getting done during the lame duck session, but I say go for it. Keep breaking unspoken rules that have maintained the integrity of our institutions. Just dont bitch and complain when Democrats start playing dirty too...

While he/they may have the authority to do so, should they? No, I dont think so. Will they? Probably. But thats what we've come to expect from this president and senate. Im not too familiar with major stuff getting done during the lame duck session, but I say go for it. Keep breaking unspoken rules that have maintained the integrity of our institutions. Just dont bitch and complain when Democrats start playing dirty too...

things are going to get a bit tougher for democrats in the near future I think

Mitch plans on filling every seat he can. that is the best thing he can do-and if the GOP holds the senate-which is about 80%-90% certain, then he should slow down the Biden appointments to a trickle-especially for Appellate seats, and vote down anyone who is a bannerrhoid
I rather doubt that the American public at large would be tolerant of that attitude

things are going to get a bit tougher for democrats in the near future I think

You're probably right. But what a pathetic state we're in that conservatives gloat over the idea of solidifying their power by rigging the game in their own favor

Maybe make a Senate rule that filibuster can only be abolished by 60 vote super majority? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PoS

I disagree.

As was stated in other threads on other issues (like SCOTUS appointments), the President is elected for a FULL 4-year term.

He does not stop being President until the next President is sworn in.

So Trump can, and should do as much as he can to complete his restructuring, that's one of the reasons he was elected.

I am certain sure that the opposition would say the same for their party leadership if the roles were reversed.

Yes, I'd like to see him do a lot more golfing. Let Pence run things. Trump deserves a nice long vacation.

What would I like him to do?

Start the indictments in the Russian Collusion case and related cases this Monday. Barr, time's up, and has been more than up, COVID or not.

The document trail recounts corruption, criminality, abuse of government power, and the politicization of federal agencies and use as political weapons during the Obama administration, as well as Hillary / DNC corruption working right along with them in coordination inflicting the ‘Russian Collusion’ Hoax on the nation.

Barr and the DOJ have a number of investigations on going into these matters. These and their indictments need to come to public light, starting Monday.

FBI Director Wray and CIA Director Haspel need to be forced to produce the legally and legitimately requested documentation to the Senate oversight committee, what better way to force that than to declassify them, and then call them to account for then stonewalling the production of these documents.

We all already know that with the advent of a Biden administration, all this will be swept under the Democrat corruption rug.

And we all know that there, under the rug, it will remain, in the shadows, continuing to fester, to become even more entrenched, to become even more dangerous to the electorate and the nation. It will only come back to haunt the nation in the future and be even more difficult to eradicate.

Biden, being of the swamp, will be a willing co-conspirator in the sweeping of all this under the corruption rug.

I disagree.

As was stated in other threads on other issues (like SCOTUS appointments), the President is elected for a FULL 4-year term.

He does not stop being President until the next President is sworn in.

So Trump can, and should do as much as he can to complete his restructuring, that's one of the reasons he was elected.

I am certain sure that the opposition would say the same for their party leadership if the roles were reversed.

That's not how you have a smooth transition of power. If you know you're only in office for the next 2 months, it doesn't make sense to do things that the president-elect might want to reverse.

Trump withdraws all troops from Afghanistan and two months later Biden sends them back. That's a dysfunctional government.

But I'm glad to hear Republicans want troops out. When Obama pulled troops from Iraq based on Bush's agreement with the Iraqi government, they blamed him for ISIS.

Perhaps, or perhaps ALL of them are going to happen.

Binden may be declared President-Elect, but he has no authority until sworn in on inauguration day.

Right up until then, Trump remains President. He has plenty of time to order the troops home; plenty of time for the Senate to approve more Judges, and plenty of time for the DOJ to request a "friendly" SCOTUS order Judge Sullivan to stop stalling and dismiss Flynn's charges with prejudice.

Meanwhile I am still asking those who would like to see some final action what it would be.

I think his time might be better spent trying to undo the influence of leftism. His 2020 share of the minority vote than any GOP candidate since 1960, there's a connection there. He can hammer home that we all bleed red, that we all should aspire to get 95's on math tests and not just the Asians.

If I were him, I'd start every press conference like that, highlighting the condescension and how leftists hold some races superior to others (indeed - leftists have ranked the races in order: Asians, Whites, Hispanics, Blacks). Changing minds is worth so much more in the long term than a policy change that can be undone by Biden.

That's not how you have a smooth transition of power. If you know you're only in office for the next 2 months, it doesn't make sense to do things that the president-elect might want to reverse.

Trump withdraws all troops from Afghanistan and two months later Biden sends them back. That's a dysfunctional government.

But I'm glad to hear Republicans want troops out. When Obama pulled troops from Iraq based on Bush's agreement with the Iraqi government, they blamed him for ISIS.

Obama should not have withdrawn all of our troops from Iraq, and he also failed early to arm more moderate, opposition. Syrian groups.
So yes, he was responsible for the rise of ISIS.

Obama should not have withdrawn all of our troops from Iraq, and he also failed early to arm more moderate, opposition. Syrian groups.
So yes, he was responsible for the rise of ISIS.

Iraq is a sovereign country. They didn't want us there anymore. We had an agreement signed by Bush to leave. I don't understand why you don't take the time to research these things.

Yet you have no problem with Trump withdrawing all our troops without even consulting the generals.

It was always understood that the only reason Trump won Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania was because of low Black voter turnout. Why it surprising that high Black voter turnout caused Trump to lose those states?

And why didn't the massive voter fraud lead to more House and Senate seats?

Biden was winning early on in states where they counted the mail-in ballots first. It's not surprising that Trump lost ground in places where they counted the mail-in ballots last.

Anyway, you think of yourself as logical but your reasoning says otherwise. You're more emotional than rational.

Back
Top Bottom