• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Regarding the 15 year old who went to school and slaughtered his classmates, it's the school's fault. Not the parents.

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
That's the story that's been running through lots of circles. Is everyone on the same page now?

It's not the fault of the people who have known him since birth. Who spend every day with him. Who raised him and coach him.

It's the fault of the adults who see him periodically. Everybody understand now?

Also, every kid that searches the Internet (inappropriately) and draws pictures like him need to be immediately searched and kicked out of school. It shouldn't take up to 30 days to go through the process and respect each kid's/ family's rights. That's the argument going around so everyone be prepared.

And remember who the people are making these arguments. The people that want schools and government out of your business.

Having said all of that, I think a lot of people will be punished for the failings of the parents. There will be lots of collateral damage.

Make the parents write sentences.

Schools already have lockout, evacuation and hazard protection drills They even drill for lockdowns just like they do in jails

But, since a child went to a school and murdered people with a gun from his home, clearly schools are not concerned about the welfare of students. Why don't we just go to the next step and put razor wire around the perimeters and search everyone who enters the building? /s

download.jpg

That's the story that's been running through lots of circles. Is everyone on the same page now?

It's not the fault of the people who have known him since birth. Who spend every day with him. Who raised him and coach him.

It's the fault of the adults who see him periodically. Everybody understand now?

Also, every kid that searches the Internet (inappropriately) and draws pictures like him need to be immediately searched and kicked out of school. It shouldn't take up to 30 days to go through the process and respect each kid's/ family's rights. That's the argument going around so everyone be prepared.

And remember who the people are making these arguments. The people that want schools and government out of your business.

Having said all of that, I think a lot of people will be punished for the failings of the parents. There will be lots of collateral damage.

Yep, if parents decide to enable their clearly disturbed children to go to school armed then the schools should respect the rights of clearly disturbed students to remain armed. Any searches of clearly disturbed students for weapons inside the schools are a gross violation of the rights of potential school shooters - the preferred (but unconstitutional) solution is to try to disarm the entire US population. ;)

The king of the one liners.

I give you props. With one sentence you can divert entire threads.

It's not just guns. Allowing cellphones in schools flies in the face of everything about education, yet school systems allow it, because of the parents.

Yep, if parents decide to enable their clearly disturbed children to go to school armed then the schools should respect the rights of clearly disturbed students to remain armed. Any searches of clearly disturbed students for weapons inside the schools are a gross violation of the rights of potential school shooters - the preferred (but unconstitutional) solution is to try to disarm the entire US population. ;)
If I were you I would tweet that, word-for-word, to the parents of the slaughtered children. It will make a lot of sense to them.

The school appears to have done everything in its power to alert the parents. I am not sure how the conclusion that this school is at fault can logically be reached.

The school appears to have done everything in its power to alert the parents. I am not sure how the conclusion that this school is at fault can logically be reached.
Nor have I seen anyone even suggest it was the schools fault other then the op claiming people were.

But I am sure if you look hard enough you can find something. With a country this but you will always find someone saying something no matter how retarded.
Doesn’t mean much though.

Not have I seen anyone even suggest it was the schools fault other then the op claiming people were.
Read the breaking news thread about the parents. There are dozens of posts blaming the school for not immediately expelling the shooter and for not searching his backpack.

Read the breaking news thread about the parents. There are dozens of posts blaming the school for not immediately expelling the shooter and for not searching his backpack.
Saying the school should have expelled him or searched him is not the same thing as saying the shooting was the schools fault.

it's already been reached. go read a bunch of places.

this is their chance to take a tragedy and attack schools.

and it's not just here. it's everywhere.

Saying the school should have expelled him or searched him is not the same thing as saying the shooting was the schools fault.
Did you read the thread?

it's already been reached. go read a bunch of places.

this is their chance to take a tragedy and attack schools.
These people are just looking for a reason to attack schools, if not for this reason, they would have found another one.

The parents have the greater, and criminal, culpability but the school mishandled this too. Perhaps that is with benefit of hindsight but there is no way that child should have been allowed back in the class. Schools have the right to immediately suspend children for discipline issues the same should be true for safety or behavioural issues. Additionally, there was a resource officer on site. At a minimum, he should have been called and the child searched in his parent's presence or removed. As I say, this is with the benefit of hindsight, I don't know specifically what the school was legally able to do. While they may have mishandled it it is a stretch to say they are responsible for the deaths.

I will offer this... unless I've missed something in the timeline the kid already had the gun at school when the parents were being warned about their son. The parents had already lost track of the gun but the school didn't have to leave someone they suspected of being troubled wandering the halls without at least confronting him and maybe even searching him and his locker. In their (the school's) defense, they didn't know a missing firearm was part of the mix that day.

I will offer this... unless I've missed something in the timeline the kid already had the gun at school when the parents were being warned about their son. The parents had already lost track of the gun but the school didn't have to leave someone they suspected of being troubled wandering the halls without at least confronting him and maybe even searching him and his locker. In their (the school's) defense, they didn't know a missing firearm was part of the mix that day.
The parents withheld information from the school and were actively dismissive of the events (regarding the text message about the search for ammo). The school may or may not have missed this procedure (not sure what the system's policies are), but I can't see where this would have been the case if the school had been fully up to date on things.

These people are just looking for a reason to attack schools, if not for this reason, they would have found another one.
you know how this place is inundated with links to the Gateway Pundit by lots of posters? let me show you a few of the comments by readers of this story over there this morning. this is just a few. it gets much, much worse...

1638628055151.png

For all the shit republicans talk about guns, they do nothing to help solve the school and mass shootings problem we have in america. You don't see this crap happening on a regular basis in any other country on earth that is halfway civilized. We kill ourselves and each other with firearms at an alarming rate and yet, zero, nothing to stop it and no ideas because any idea infringes on the second amendment according to gun enthusiasts.

you know how this place is inundated with links to the Gateway Pundit by lots of posters? let me show you a few of the comments by readers of this story over there this morning. this is just a few. it gets much, much worse...

View attachment 67363460
@Wild Bill Kelsoe

This is the demographic I was thinking of in the other thread. RW conspiracy nutters.

For all the shit republicans talk about guns, they do nothing to help solve the school and mass shootings problem we have in america. You don't see this crap happening on a regular basis in any other country on earth that is halfway civilized. We kill ourselves and each other with firearms at an alarming rate and yet, zero, nothing to stop it and no ideas because any idea infringes on the second amendment according to gun enthusiasts.
oh, nothing will change.

it's just interesting that many people have taken this slaughter and used it to attack schools.

go read.

Back
Top Bottom